[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

That it's different from Wario Land II isn't a problem I think. You don't have to make the cakes look like the ones form WLII. You're right about the Pirate Gooms.
But why do you want so much to stay the same? I think we need to get as much personality as possible into it, honestly. I mean, we won't go as far as some SMW hacks do by changing cutscenes, powerups and the wario animation, but I would like custom tilesets and sprites for the enemies.

By the way, it isn't possible to change the behaviour of the platform that appears after you've cleared a Boss, right? That's too bad, I need one to go higher... :/
Not with the editor at least. Probably possible with some ASM hacking. I haven't looked into enemy / object AI at all though.

Reactions: 607
:)
Just to make sure, it isn't wrong to upload my test videos publicly to youtube, right? I mean, I won't upload full level designs that are going to be used in the final rom.
I think what I'll be doing the coming times I have time is testing some more with the bosses in different environments, how their AI works exactly and things.

:)
Just to make sure, it isn't wrong to upload my test videos publicly to youtube, right? I mean, I won't upload full level designs that are going to be used in the final rom.
I think what I'll be doing the coming times I have time is testing some more with the bosses in different environments, how their AI works exactly and things.

That Halo ring isn't suppose to appear until the boss is off the screen :p

It's nice to see this kind of customization thought :)

It's still not as easy as I would have liked thought. Because if you move a line, it's colors will change, since colors are assigned not to symbols, but to specific coordinates in the credits.
I think i wouldn't mind if the credits editor was more like in Lunar Magic - you pick tiles from a Add Tiles dialog box, you place them, and then you can move them individualy or as a group, without them changing colors.
This is just a sujjestion, thought. It's not nessesary, because we can totally work with the credits editor as it is, and we don't even need to create credits until we finish the game :p
Looking at the credits editor again, I found some arcane code I had trouble wrapping my head around... until I realized that I'd put more effort into it than I'd remembered. When you insert or delete lines, it adjusts the palettes to try and match them back up with their corresponding lines. It may not be perfect, but I'm not sure I understand what it is about the credits editor that you wanted me to add?

Looking at the credits editor again, I found some arcane code I had trouble wrapping my head around... until I realized that I'd put more effort into it than I'd remembered. When you insert or delete lines, it adjusts the palettes to try and match them back up with their corresponding lines. It may not be perfect, but I'm not sure I understand what it is about the credits editor that you wanted me to add?

Dont bother with it :)
It's a bit hard work, but i already managed to create nice looking credits twice, so it's completly doable :)

Just that if i add/remove a line, it will change all the pallets, since they are tied to coordinates

Sorry I haven't been online here a lot: I have been quite ill since Sunday. I have done my best to keep up with the threat with my phone, though.

I had university all day today...
It was a long and exausting day...

But hey! In computer class, i managed to do a little work on the Treasure Database :p
I added 16 treasure icons, and "Treasure Combined With" to a bunch of treasures :p
Hopefully I can do more work tomorrow :)

Is there anyone else who thinks the soccer with shoot is the most frustrating boss in the whole Wario Land series?

He's not as difficult ad he is tedious. The main problem is that at the time, you don't have high jump, and jumping over the rabbit ball so you can hit it to the right is hard.

And even with the turtle knocked out (for those who don't know, touch the turtle and he goes into his shell for a while) it's easy to miss the net.

By the way, 607, when I watched your video, I realized I didn't even remember that the boss shooting projectiles, or making the room dark. I just always atacked him before he had a chance to do it, I guess...

-------

It looks like I'm about 26% done with the database?
Well, this is just based on the number of sells I filled. Some data is harder to obtain than others.

If anyone wants to help me, I would really apretiate if you create and upload to youtube the treasure cutscenes (1 per video). J J W Mezun only has 1 of them at his Wario Land Land website...

He's not as difficult ad he is tedious. The main problem is that at the time, you don't have high jump, and jumping over the rabbit ball so you can hit it to the right is hard.

And even with the turtle knocked out (for those who don't know, touch the turtle and he goes into his shell for a while) it's easy to miss the net.

By the way, 607, when I watched your video, I realized I didn't even remember that the boss shooting projectiles, or making the room dark. I just always atacked him before he had a chance to do it, I guess...

-------

It looks like I'm about 26% done with the database?
Well, this is just based on the number of sells I filled. Some data is harder to obtain than others.

If anyone wants to help me, I would really apretiate if you create and upload to youtube the treasure cutscenes (1 per video). J J W Mezun only has 1 of them at his Wario Land Land website...
Which one do you already have? I can find time for this, if you need me.

Which one do you already have? I can find time for this, if you need me.

The only one that I have is the Ax Of Distruction (Out Of The Woods Gray chest). It's on J.J.W.Mezun's channel.

Who, as we know, abandoned his Wario Land Land website...

I'm still very happy he did what he did on Wario Land 3. The Treasure List is has been VEY HELPFUL for me in the process of creating the Treasure Database, and the level analysises will help us for level design.

I just wish he did the rest of treasure cutscenes, it would have saved us the work...

The only one that I have is the Ax Of Distruction (Out Of The Woods Gray chest). It's on J.J.W.Mezun's channel.

Who, as we know, abandoned his Wario Land Land website...

I'm still very happy he did what he did on Wario Land 3. The Treasure List is has been VEY HELPFUL for me in the process of creating the Treasure Database, and the level analysises will help us for level design.

I just wish he did the rest of treasure cutscenes, it would have saved us the work...

But you could just get them from existing videos, right? Should I just download somebody else's video, cut out everything but the treasure cutscene, and then reupload it?

But you could just get them from existing videos, right? Should I just download somebody else's video, cut out everything but the treasure cutscene, and then reupload it?

That's exactly what i was planning to do, but it would take a while...

It's a bit harder to do than the other database stuff...

I had a dream where I had my GBA SP, the codebreaker, my Wario Land 3 cartridge...
But there was also some kind of different Wario Land 3 cartridge... It was called "Wario's Third Adventure"... It may have been our hack, actually...
Also, for whatever reason, the cartridge was insrted into the GBA sideways, in a weird way...
I woke up then i turned the GBA on, thought...

Aniway, I'm going tp start working on the Wario Land 3 Treasure Map now.
Both Treasure Database and Treasure Map will be worked on simitanously...
I hope to get them done soon, but I can't promice anything

I'm only been working for 40 minutes on it, and I'm 20% done with the treasure map :)
Well, the draft version, at least.
I'm making a draft before on paper before I create a good version of it on the computer

Back