Do you have any pet peeves?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined) Post Shadow User Name Style Change Profile Music Gold Crown
When no one else seems to have the same issue you have, especially when it's a technical one. God, it'd be a great superpower to only ever have issues experienced by someone before...

Coins
Coins
50 billion gazillion posters on signposts when an election or referendum is coming up, especially ones that try to make you feel guilty.

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Coins
Coins
In the past years, I've seen morons on message boards use the term "revisionist history" to talk about opinions they don't like rather than like, actual revisionism, and it drives me nuts. "Donkey Kong Country didn't sell well and wasn't well-received by critics" or "Donkey Kong Country wasn't influential in the adoption of pre-rendred sprites" would be revisionism. Someone not liking DKC that much and puittting it somewhat low in an opinion-based list isn't. Before this was adopted by low-IQ neogaf posters desesperate to give an air of legitimaty to their opinion about children video games by using Big Words wrong, it was a term most used in referal to holocaust denial. No matter how much you like Donkey Kong Country or how well it was received at release, thinking Donkey Kong Country is a good game is an opinion and not a fact forever etched in the stones of time.

Triple M

Magma Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
In the past years, I've seen morons on message boards use the term "revisionist history" to talk about opinions they don't like rather than like, actual revisionism, and it drives me nuts. "Donkey Kong Country didn't sell well and wasn't well-received by critics" or "Donkey Kong Country wasn't influential in the adoption of pre-rendred sprites" would be revisionism. Someone not liking DKC that much and puittting it somewhat low in an opinion-based list isn't. Before this was adopted by low-IQ neogaf posters desesperate to give an air of legitimaty to their opinion about children video games by using Big Words wrong, it was a term most used in referal to holocaust denial. No matter how much you like Donkey Kong Country or how well it was received at release, thinking Donkey Kong Country is a good game is an opinion and not a fact forever etched in the stones of time.
It's not technically wrong, I suppose. Revisionist history just means to argue for a different narrative than what is the mainstream narrative for a certain history, even if it's wrong. I mean yeah the success of a video game vs. a catastrophic event are two completely different scales but it's not an outright incorrect usage of the term.

Coins
Coins
It's not technically wrong, I suppose. Revisionist history just means to argue for a different narrative than what is the mainstream narrative for a certain history, even if it's wrong. I mean yeah the success of a video game vs. a catastrophic event are two completely different scales but it's not an outright incorrect usage of the term.
"Super Mario 64 got good ratings in gaming magazines and was well received by players" is a part of history. "Super Mario 64 is a good game" isn't. I've seen Neogaf-types dismiss this extended critique of SUper Mario Odyssey as "historical revisionism" because apparently, not liking a popular videogame is objectively wrong.

Triple M

Magma Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
I'm not disagreeing with that but the term itself isn't incorrectly being used since historical revisionism isn't necessarily rooted in fact. There have been many "historical" writings that are outright wrong but they would still be considered "historical revisionism".

Coins
Coins
Yes, but as Glowsquid said, opinions aren't facts. Saying 'People like this game' could be historical revisionism. Saying 'I like this game' can't be.
I didn't even know what historical revisionism was before reading these posts, but Glowsquid's reasoning is quite clear. ;)

Triple M

Magma Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
Yes, but as Glowsquid said, opinions aren't facts. Saying 'People like this game' could be historical revisionism. Saying 'I like this game' can't be.
I didn't even know what historical revisionism was before reading these posts, but Glowsquid's reasoning is quite clear. ;)
It's logical yes but...well I guess I just know more than most people since I was actually a history major in college and so... Well just to keep things simple, History is not strictly facts. History isn't just "this event happened on this date". There's a lot of subjectivity in history as is anything that is produced by humans. For this reason, history is often classified as part of Humanities though in some circles its considered part of the Social Sciences.

Frediculous

Diamond City Dweller
Coins
Coins
I have quite a few, but the only one I can think of at the moment is when someone gives me an obviously fake laugh to something that I said that wasn't meant to be funny. Just makes the situation really awkward to me. If what I say doesn't make you laugh, then you don't have to laugh. o_O
Also bandwagoning drives me nuts. Like it's okay for a bunch of people to agree on the same thing because they all feel in their own opinions that it is right. When someone just likes or agrees on something solely becuase other people like it, then I feel a bit peeved.

Metal

Trachea Collapser
Coins
Coins
I have quite a few, but the only one I can think of at the moment is when someone gives me an obviously fake laugh to something that I said that wasn't meant to be funny. Just makes the situation really awkward to me. If what I say doesn't make you laugh, then you don't have to laugh. o_O
Also bandwagoning drives me nuts. Like it's okay for a bunch of people to agree on the same thing because they all feel in their own opinions that it is right. When someone just likes or agrees on something solely becuase other people like it, then I feel a bit peeved.

Just a Wario Fan

Wario fans of the world, unite!
Coins
Coins
DoNkEy KoN dId 9/11

a rogue barel impactd the towre BUT it was holographed to look likw a airplane and the the tower was stacked with oil drums so the podoboos melted the steel girders

WAKE UP SHEEPLE
If you thought 9/11 conspiracy theories are crazy, you haven't seen flat earthers. Believe me, every comments section of a video that deals with disproving it is basically ¨You call this evidence? How pathetic.¨ ¨Come with real evidence next time.¨ ¨People wake up! Those people are actors paid by NASA!¨ ¨These photographs are also faked by NASA!¨ ¨How long will they keep their secrets hidden? We're being told by the government to believe this, don't you see?¨ ¨Where's the curvature? I can't see any.¨ ¨Those ships on the horizon? The water and light must be playing a trick on our eyes.¨

You get it. The only thing that flat-earthers are good for is to make fun of them, which happens by legion:
1526498685876.png