I could go on for ages about the entire DKC series music (as it is my absolute favorite) and Banjo series music, but that would be too easy.

Instead I'd like to draw your attention to Viva Pinata. The Viva Pinata soundtrack is Grant Kirkhope's crowning achievement. I mean, just listen to these:

This is only a small portion of what you'll hear in game, but you get my point. This is the most beautiful soundtrack Grant has ever composed.

The Grabbed by the Ghoulies OST (another Kirkhope masterpiece) also deserves mentioning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEIQbrE12q0

Go and play these games right now (if you can...), I COMMAND you. The not so great Buzzard has spoken!

David Wise, Grant Kirkhope, Robin "The Ginger Bastard" Beanland, Eveline Fischer/Nolvakovic, Graeme Norgate, and Steve Burke are all my favorite composers.

Am I the only person who played this game?
Anyways, this theme is really catchy and I love it.

I played it all the time when I was younger, even owned the PS1 version.
Speaking of Rayman and PS1, the first game has an incredibly catchy soundtrack. This track in particular is still one of my favorites:

Super Mario Land! I haven't ever played the game: I might get it once, but it doesn't seem like it has aged very well. It should still be fun, though!
In any case, the music is still great!
Of course it all starts with the classic Overworld theme. So nostalgic, even if you have not played the game <3

And then there are the 3 kingdoms, of which I'll choose one... they're all great, though!
Ah... but why wouldn't I post all three? They're short anyway d;)

The themes are all different, but all a lot of fun! :D

And then there's the Ending theme... I think this is one of the best Ending/Credits themes ever.
It's so perfect!

Back