How do you feel about Dark Wario in Mario Tennis Aces?

In Mario Tennis Aces story mode, we are getting Dark Luigi, Dark Wario, and Dark Waluigi. I hope they do wacky cut scenes with Wario and Waluigi like they used to do.

1526414061222.png

I like it. I'm getting a vibe similar to Mario Sports games back in the gamecube era that had the wacky movies with Wario and Waluigi. The dark graphics look pretty nice.

While I love how they look, I've never been too big a fan of the "evil doppelganger" trope, probably because it's been done over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... by countless different franchises too. Plus I think it's kind of weird to have a dark version of a character who's already sort of a dark version of another character. Except they will probably just be "Wario and Waluigi, but eviler!1!" I do still sort of fear them (and the other dark characters) being used as filler in the next Mario Kart though...

That being said, if they flesh these dark doppelgangers out, I'll be all for them!

While I love how they look, I've never been too big a fan of the "evil doppelganger" trope, probably because it's been done over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... by countless different franchises too. Plus I think it's kind of weird to have a dark version of a character who's already sort of a dark version of another character. Except they will probably just be "Wario and Waluigi, but eviler!1!" I do still sort of fear them (and the other dark characters) being used as filler in the next Mario Kart though...

That being said, if they flesh these dark doppelgangers out, I'll be all for them!
I wouldn't say evil-evil, they look like they're being puppeetered by a cursed tennis racket. But what I like about Wario is that he isn't techincally a Mario from another dimension, just some guy who happens to share so much in common with him, at least he's not Shadow the Hedgehog or Bizarro.

Back