Parts of Wario Land games where you got stuck?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
And just didn't figure out how to progress or get an item for some reason?

Personally, my most notorious example was in Wario Land 2, when I thought the seagulls had to be jumped off of quickly. Turns out they take a fair bit of time to fly away, and you needed to stop rushing to get through that part of the game.

I also had a lot of trouble in the 'break everything' areas. Always found it confusing trying to figure out what floors and walls and ceilings you had to break to find the one exit door.

But what parts of Wario Land games did you get stuck in for a while?

I'm pretty sure we already had a topic like this before.

But aniway, there are a few examples that come to mind.
The first one is in Wario Land 3, A Town In Chaos, Green Treasure. In order to unlock the path to the door that leads to the Green Treasure Area, you need to pickup a Brr Bear, carry him towards Prince Frog, ans then let Brr Bear freeze you. The problem is, there is a wall (air vent) in the way.
Took me a LOOONG time to figure out that the Snowflakes that the Brr Bear throws can go throught walls.

In Wario Land 2, i got stuck forever in level 4-3, Down To The Basement. I don't know why, but I just got lost in that maze and could not find the correct path. And also, the secret exit in the very first level was the only one I knew of, and I could not figure out how to beat the big robot spearman in Kick 'Em Out, so i had no way to beat the game any way

When I was really young, like maybe seven or eight years old, I got stuck in Hotel Horror in WL4. It was just so big and non-linear, so my little brain couldn't handle it. I eventually got it, though. d:)

Ha, we've had this thread before d:p The only place I ever got stuck was a treasure in one of the Volcano levels. Also, in WL4 S. Hard mode currently, I seem to have trouble finding the last piece in Monsoon Jungle (no hints, though!).

When I was really young, like maybe seven or eight years old, I got stuck in Hotel Horror in WL4. It was just so big and non-linear, so my little brain couldn't handle it. I eventually got it, though. d:)

I had the same problem. I never liked that level because I always got lost. Now, I know exactly how to play the level, and it's one of my favorites.
Fiery Cavern is still hard for me.

I actually found Hotel Horror difficult when I was younger, too. But I've since learnt to take any game in an organised matter, so as to not miss any secrets, and that pretty much takes the mystery and puzzle out of Hotel Horror and makes it really easy d:p

Also, in WL4 S. Hard mode currently, I seem to have trouble finding the last piece in Monsoon Jungle (no hints, though!).

I had that problem too when I first had the game. I looked for ages and just couldn't find it. :( I had no problem finding it when replaying the game years later though. I think I know what one exactly you're missing, but I won't say.
Also when I first had the game, I didn't know how to beat the Golden Diva boss for a few days because I never realised that I had to throw the hammer up and become Spring Wario to hit her.

Also when I first had the game, I didn't know how to beat the Golden Diva boss for a few days because I never realised that I had to throw the hammer up and become Spring Wario to hit her.

I also never figured out how to use the hammer.
But then i started to always use the Big Fist on her. That way, she randomises her attacks, and I never actually had to use the hammer, just the other projectiles

I got stuck on one of the factory levels in Wario Land 2 for the longest time. In one of the factory levels you have to glide to the end of level door as flat Wario in a certain way. Mess up and you have to try again.

This same topic has basically been posted 4 times:

[Wario Land 2] I could never solve this level as a kid, by wariolandgoldpiramid on Sep 5, 2014
Specific to a level from Wario Land II.

Did anyone get stuck in a Wario Land level cause they overthought things?, by CM30 on Feb 16, 2015
Specific to when the cause of getting stuck is overthinking.

Parts of Wario Land games where you got stuck?, by CM30 on Mar 19, 2016
Finally a general topic. I'm posting here, but still...

What basic things did you not figure out about Wario Land games the first time around?, by CM30 on Sep 7, 2016
Specific to only basic things and in the first time you played.

Anyways, here’s how it went for me in general terms of getting stuck:

I don’t remember it so well, but basically I got horribly stuck when I was replaying Wario Land II as a kid, probably not that long after having beaten it the first time. It was on the level “In Town — Down in the cellar.” Notice that other people in these topics also mentioned being stuck in the same level. Throwing an enemy upwards was required to progress in one area (pictured) and I completely overlooked the mechanic. It was really, really bad. I scrutinized the level looking for a way to progress in it. Later I ended up making it. Out of curiosity, this seems to be the only occasion in which throwing upwards is required to progress, other than in bosses. Now, I’m not against the mechanic at all! It was a long lasting blank from a little kid.
In Town -- Down in the cellar.png

I then also got horribly stuck in Wario Land 3 and in the first time I was going through it. It was on the first encounter, I believe, with the South level “Above the Clouds.” I was stuck so horribly that I scrutinized the level, which for that matter wasn’t even so easy, only to find nothing. The red balloon was the only thing that stood out. It was still at the bottom. There was nothing that could be done with it and it was obviously only there to have a later use. But meanwhile, I was completely stuck. While messing around with the level I ended up, I think by mistake, entering inside the clouds. "THAT IS NOT A DOOR." Doors are pretty much always rectangular, they look standardized. Those were not, in any way, freaking doors! See it in the picture, the cloud entrances. The balloon one was in mid air at the time. And notice next to them the equally shaped diagonal openings a bit more faded? Sure, the entrances are a bit dark, but then there is always gray cloud cover behind those openings so I thought that was the explanation. Plus the diagonal ones were still not entrances. From that erratic look to a standard Wario Land entrance goes a long way. That nearly took me the game away since it was impossible to progress. A huge design issue from the creators. I didn’t even care that much about the weird shapes, they drew some attention, but I supposed it was just how the clouds were lining at random spots, including in mid air and randomly diagonally or with a reduced size and so on... : )
Door design issue.png
South level Above the Clouds.png

I felt that I was already too grown up for Wario Land 4 when I played it. I didn’t get stuck in it, not that I had to make a sequence of getting stuck in every game. : )

Have in mind to see these things from the perspective of a young kid. Older people aren’t stomped as much. And if in doubt, I’m actually kind of bright, since after all, in Pokémon Yellow I came up all by myself with a way that lead me to the hidden truck in S.S. Anne's port.

I got stuck at the beginning of WLTSD Area 2 i didn't know how to swing on the poles and so i was stuck, after a few days i booted the game and pulled up game faqs, before i clicked the link the title screen changed and showed that you shake the controller to swing off poles. After that i shake the wii mote whenever i got stuck and it worked.

The first one is in Wario Land 3, A Town In Chaos, Green Treasure. In order to unlock the path to the door that leads to the Green Treasure Area, you need to pickup a Brr Bear, carry him towards Prince Frog, ans then let Brr Bear freeze you. The problem is, there is a wall (air vent) in the way.
Took me a LOOONG time to figure out that the Snowflakes that the Brr Bear throws can go throught walls.

^This one. And a lot of other times in WL3.

Back