Post interesting Wario Land trivia here

Yeah, that seems about right. Well assuming you're only talking final bosses anyway; on a pure boss level, she was arguably beat to it by Wendy O Koopa (or perhaps Birdo, depending on your region).

I've always been under the impression that during WL4's intro, the garage shot, you only saw Wario's car, not the man himself, but as it turns out, the car's sprite DOES have Wario in it-- he just blends into the background perfectly.

Wario's name is exactly the same as the Greek translation of the chemical element Barium that originated from the word βαρύς, meaning heavy, reflecting Wario's massive weight. Wario's superhero version as Wario-Man uses the same "W" symbol as Wonder Woman, who is Greek. In addition, the Wario Car resembles the Batmobile, a vehicle of Batman who is a major character in DC comics alongside Wonder Woman. Moreover, Wario-Man uses the same trademark purple and yellow colors of Wario's other appearances, which were also used during the peak of John Cena's career as a professional wrestler whose popularity among children led to his use of many different attires switching over a large variety of colors that were sold as merchandise.

I was playing Wario Land 3 when I found something out that some of you may not know. Turns out Crazy Wario’s theme is a rearrangement of the beginning of the original Wario Land’s “theme song”.

Crazy Wario’s theme

Wario Land 1’s Theme
Pretty sure most people already know that.
the Crazy Wario theme is directly lifted from Wario Land 2 which uses the same overworld theme as the first Wario Land

Hmm I mean if you haven't played the games then yeah. Otherwise, Wario Land 2's leitmotifing is pretty obvious. I would think most people would naturally catch on to it over time.

Something I just noticed while leafing through the credits thing for possible thumbnails.

Take a look at this pose. Pay special attention to the hat.

ca7c4b0d6f38a33d5876680d4063e0ae.png

hmmmm :8bitwariodance:

makes you seriously wonder if the resemblance was intentional

Something I just noticed while leafing through the credits thing for possible thumbnails.

Take a look at this pose. Pay special attention to the hat.
View attachment 11385
View attachment 11386
hmmmm :8bitwariodance:

makes you seriously wonder if the resemblance was intentional

Hmm, that's an interesting thing you spotted there. Never saw how familiar these two poses are, but now that I see it, I think it was indeed an intentional reference to the early Wario games.

Here's an interesting tidbit for the original Wario Land. The bass patch heard in the iconic-to-us-at-least intro theme, and the bass heard in, say, the Syrup Castle map theme, are actually not one and the same, as I found out a couple of days ago.

It seems obvious in retrospect, but let's be real, they sound really similar. So similar in fact that even in the aforementioned intro song, the designers were able to swap the two out when they got to those rapid high-pitched arpeggios without any of us noticing. Like, I literally only figured it out because I was putting together samples for an sf2 and the amount of timbre change past a certain point was just too goddamn high when I rolled my mouse over the piano roll.

It's honestly kind of rad that they have two slightly different versions of this sound, especially since they're probably supposed to be Game Boy versions of saxophones, which come in four breeds that all sound similar but are still quite distinct. What we're looking at with WL's two "EeHhHh" patches is basically the difference between an Alto and Tenor Sax.

Last edited:
Was the first Wario land about Wario invading a territory (I never bothered to read the manual) and making it all his? Because in Wario Land Shake it, the plot is pretty similar, Wario invades foreign territory but this time he leaves it all to the Queen. What really stands out is that Syrup acknowledges that, learned how to persuade Wario and used him as a scapegoat.

Other reference I forgot, is that in Super Mario Odyssey you need money to buy costumes in order to progress the game, in a similar manner to Wario Land 1st: You had to spend money just to progress your path.

In MOTHER 3, Wario's car(?) can be found in the parking lot of a restaurant for which he appears to be in charge of the maintenance:

"Extremely filthy eating tables and a very dirty pool table, complete with a floor that is even dirtier than dirt itself."

"Incredibly old pieces of paper. Whatever was originally written on them has become so dirty and faded that it is now unreadable."

"Lots and lots of old chewed gum has been stuck onto the bottom of this table."

"It's dirty, but it's a jukebox. It's a jukebox, but it's dirty. It's covered in cigarette stains and old ketchup."

"Moldy, rotten, withered old anchovies and the like are stuck to the record within the jukebox, but it somehow managed to spin anyway."

"Please don't come back here (or run inside). You'll kick up the mold spores." :warioewalt:

In MOTHER 3, Wario's car(?) can be found in the parking lot of a restaurant for which he appears to be in charge of the maintenance:
View attachment 12015

perhaps the same model, just not the convertible variant like Wario has. It's also missing the Mustache-esque front decoration.
Was the first Wario land about Wario invading a territory (I never bothered to read the manual) and making it all his? no, he invaded the territory because a massive golden statue of Peach was stolen, and wanted to reap the rewards for getting it back. Because in Wario Land Shake it, the plot is pretty similar, Wario invades foreign territory but this time he leaves it all to the Queen. What really stands out is that Syrup acknowledges that, learned how to persuade Wario and used him as a scapegoat.

Other reference I forgot, is that in Super Mario Odyssey you need money to buy costumes in order to progress the game the fuck are you talking about, all of those moons are optional, in a similar manner to Wario Land 1st: You had to spend money just to progress your path. ten coins to open a door isn't that big of a deal

Back