Rant section

was this a good idea?

• yes.

• no.

• eh, kinda like-hate.

• dont know.

• dont care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Youre not gonna exist in this world without seeing or hearing things that you dont like, or offend you or whatever. Its better to learn to be tough and let them roll off you rather than take everything personally and get emotional about everything : p

And there are plenty of funny comments on youtube, I think. Some intention, and some not intentional, which makes them even better : p

Youre not gonna exist in this world without seeing or hearing things that you dont like, or offend you or whatever. Its better to learn to be tough and let them roll off you rather than take everything personally and get emotional about everything : p

And there are plenty of funny comments on youtube, I think. Some intention, and some not intentional, which makes them even better : p
well, its not that im easily offended, i like discussions and i like hearing the other side of coin. but some people just result to a slew of insults as soon as they hear disagreement. and if you like youtube comment sections, you're a big- jk good for you, someone got something out of it. i check the comments sometimes; to me, they're funny mainly because of how ridiculous, unbased, trollish, and insulting they are.
normally irl, no one starts yelling that people who like anime are weaboo plebs, for example, and so i never deal with stuff like that irl to the point where i lose my cool.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!
normally irl, no one starts yelling that people who like anime are weaboo plebs, for example, and so i never deal with stuff like that irl to the point where i lose my cool.
In reality you would have to face consequences for being a big smelly willey. On the internet you don't and people know that so they let their emotions run rampant and say things how they truly feel rather than what they would normally say. Anonymous-ness is both a blessing and a curse on the interwebs.

I'm getting kind of tired of this fixation with zombies. It's getting to the point where you have zombie survival modes in wrestling games. What's up with that

Don't get me started on zombie saturation. Sure, I found the old ones in Resident Evil terrifying as a kid....

....but as an adult today, I only feel extreme annoyance toward this endless glut of zombie themes in films, games, pop culture. The stupid fixation just won't go away! I was ranting about it in 2011, and it's only gotten worse. I don't know if it's a hoax, but the Pentagon have even devised a zombie plan in the event of outbreak(!) Unbelievable.

I'm getting kind of tired of this fixation with zombies. It's getting to the point where you have zombie survival modes in wrestling games. What's up with that

Ugh I actually like really hate zombies. And yeah like I have recently gotten into Resident Evil and all but not cuz zombies : p I just like the dark atmosphere a bunch : p But like I really hate anything that has to do with zombies, tv shows and movies and everything : p Except for those old ones, like dawn of the dead or where theyre trapped in the mall and junk, I hate the parts where zombies eat people but other than that I thought those movies were neat for some reason : p

And haha is that a real thing? Zombie survivial in wrestling games? So you like run around clotheslining zombies until you win? Haha how awful : p

blah blah blah COD blah blah blah Minecraft blah blah blah Terraria blah blah blah zombies blah blah blah Walking Dead
spoken like a true gent.
yeah, zombies, horror games, and apocalyptic settings are overdone. id kinda like it better if there was more variety than limping hungry corpse, like metroid fusion, where parasites could mimic their host at full capacity and even absorb data and transform. but i digress.

spoken like a true genital.
yeah, zombies, horror games, and apocalyptic settings are overdone. id kinda like it better if there was more variety than limping hungry corpse, like mootrid fungus, where parasites could mimic their host at full capacity and even absorb jizz and go super swine. but i digress.
There are a few games like that but i guess since zombies are so mainstream ya gotta keep it casual ya know.

There are a few games like that but i guess since zombies are so mainstream ya gotta milk it for all its worth amirite?just like the quote edits.
oh so its one of those threads XD *laughs until i start coughing and gasping convulsively*
in my opinion, casual zombie games are (quite literally) a dime a dozen. just look at google's app store.
on another note, i wish resident evil was more exploration based and nonlinear, as the revelations series, while it was good, would have improved the game quality, added to the dark/ horror theme, and possibly require less work to pull off, especially storywise.
but then again i always have ambitious dreams.

well, its not that im easily offended, i like discussions and i like hearing the other side of coin. but some people just result to a slew of insults as soon as they hear disagreement. and if you like youtube comment sections, you're a big- jk good for you, someone got something out of it. i check the comments sometimes; to me, they're funny mainly because of how ridiculous, unbased, trollish, and insulting they are.
It depends on where you go online and irl, and also your age. I've had people jump down my throat concerning games and anime constantly when I was younger regardless of where I was.

Also people are much less tactful online because of anonymity, feelings of more power, easier to build a reputation, etc.

I want to start off by pointing out this has absolutely nothing to do with anyone here, and is in no way a backhanded comment meant to be taken personally : p

But, has anyone else noticed that just about everyone these days claims to be an introvert? Like everyone says this about themselves, and even wear it as a badge of honor. Even the most outgoing, talkative people I know talk about how shy they are and how they struggle with socializing and junk : p

I kinda see this with anxiety too. Like everyone is claiming to suffer from anxiety anymore. I mean I claim to deal with it but only to a mild degree, mostly when Im like on the spot (like center of attention) or when like asked a question in front of others or something like that. (I really do get nervous and shakey and dont know what to say, which leads to my managers beliving I cant strategize my work leading to me having to work hard to prove to them that I know what Im doing, and that I just struggle to vocalize it to them : p) But like everyone anymore is going on about how theyre anxious all the time and cant deal with the real world ect ect. I kinda feel like people are cheapening these real issues and junk by trying to board that train : p I purposefully try to avoid saying these things about myself just to keep from adding on to this : p I really hate how people do that : p

I want to start off by pointing out this has absolutely nothing to do with anyone here, and is in no way a backhanded comment meant to be taken personally : p

But, has anyone else noticed that just about everyone these days claims to be an introvert? Like everyone says this about themselves, and even wear it as a badge of honor. Even the most outgoing, talkative people I know talk about how shy they are and how they struggle with socializing and junk : p

I kinda see this with anxiety too. Like everyone is claiming to suffer from anxiety anymore. I mean I claim to deal with it but only to a mild degree, mostly when Im like on the spot (like center of attention) or when like asked a question in front of others or something like that. (I really do get nervous and shakey and dont know what to say, which leads to my managers beliving I cant strategize my work leading to me having to work hard to prove to them that I know what Im doing, and that I just struggle to vocalize it to them : p) But like everyone anymore is going on about how theyre anxious all the time and cant deal with the real world ect ect. I kinda feel like people are cheapening these real issues and junk by trying to board that train : p I purposefully try to avoid saying these things about myself just to keep from adding on to this : p I really hate how people do that : p
I've seen this, and I've also seen people who either have (or say they have) something severe like borderline personality disorder and they try to milk the attention from it or use it as an excuse to treat others horribly.

I don't care what kind of disorder or issues a person has, that's not a free pass to treat others like garbage.

I've seen this, and I've also seen people who either have (or say they have) something severe like borderline personality disorder and they try to milk the attention from it or use it as an excuse to treat others horribly.

I don't care what kind of disorder or issues a person has, that's not a free pass to treat others like garbage.

Ugh now that you bring it up, theres actually a guy at my work whos known for just......not working : p And he likes to use his legally diagnosed disorder to justify refusing to do anything that doesnt require just walking around the store doing nothing else whatsoever. And it really really makes me mad because we have the exact same diagnoses, and Im more than capable of doing the job : p Hes really milking that just to get away from having to work, and it makes me mad > : /

With anxiety, there are a lot of people who use it as a crutch-- It's just important to note that these are still a minority of people. Me and a lot of my friends who do have diagnosed anxiety do our best to work with it, despite it interrupting how our lives function. I've said this before, but having a disorder isn't an excuse, it should be an explanation. If you legitimately try but can't do something, no one can fault you. But if you don't try and claim you can't do something, it's a lot different. And again, that said, we just drift into the issue of people like that concentrating and being loud about their idea of how life should be. They're still a minority, and always WILL be a minority.

It's still annoying that they de-legitimatize an actual disorder, though.

Then there's Introversion, and it's just kind of people trying to jump onto a train that's considered "quirky" without realizing what introversion is. Most people are ambiverts. Most can do 1-on-1 talks and group talks. There aren't that many people who are TRULY introverted. Even I'm not that introverted, and I have mostly introverted tendencies. (Also tfw people not knowing what introversion is, and calling it "shy.")

With anxiety, there are a lot of people who use it as a crutch-- It's just important to note that these are still a minority of people. Me and a lot of my friends who do have diagnosed anxiety do our best to work with it, despite it interrupting how our lives function. I've said this before, but having a disorder isn't an excuse, it should be an explanation. If you legitimately try but can't do something, no one can fault you. But if you don't try and claim you can't do something, it's a lot different. And again, that said, we just drift into the issue of people like that concentrating and being loud about their idea of how life should be. They're still a minority, and always WILL be a minority.
This. I have a disorder myself that can really interrupt my life at certain times. Unfortunately, the vocal minority of people who have the same thing will do what Mona said and just milk it or act out. I've been working at this for years and it's sad when the bolded part of your quote comes into play.
I don't have an issue with people who have anxiety or even say they do. It's how they act with it that has the potential to turn into an issue.

Last edited:
I sort of touched upon this before, I kind of have a dislike for popular video game related personalities on the internet. Not because they are popular nor because I necessarily hate trends but I just hate how it can cause a lot of homogenization of gaming mindsets. I mean you get all these fads started by popular people and then you get people mimicking each other and this leading to a lot of opinions becoming popular for some reason.

Going back to youtube again, I often like the watch videos of bass guitarists. And while most people are you know, normal human beings about it, sometimes you get people who say weird and dumb things. Like, I watched a video of a really good one yt bassist once, and people who watch his videos often like to leave him comments challenging him to do something by saying "very impressive, but what can you do with (ect ect)". And everynow and then you get someone who says like "very impressive, but what can you do with a guitar?" Like wow, arent you a funny guy : p He plays bass and youre making fun of him for not playing a more popular instrument, you clever thing, you : p

I see that alot in general with bassists, when you see a really good one theres at least one guy who says something along the lines "why not just play guitar?", yeah why waste your time working hard to become good at one instrument when you can do all that on an instrument that guy has deemed worthy? : p

And the worst are like people who throw fits about how people play their bass guitars, like bassists who do really cool harmonies and chord work, youll see one person who has to bash them for doing that, as if its just not allowed on bass guitar : p Theyre getting too good, so we better step in and put them in their place : p I also watched a live video of the two guys from Pinback playing a song where they both play bass guitar, and there were like multiple people saying like "THEYRE BOTH PLAYING BASS?!?!?" Haha I guess they couldnt comprehend this idea, was too much for them to process apparently : p

It seems like either snobby big headed guitarists, or people who resent the fact that they arent a musician, like to look down on bass guitarists, and want everyone else to do the same : p Such a loser thing to do, haha : p

Going back to youtube again, I often like the watch videos of bass guitarists. And while most people are you know, normal human beings about it, sometimes you get people who say weird and dumb things. Like, I watched a video of a really good one yt bassist once, and people who watch his videos often like to leave him comments challenging him to do something by saying "very impressive, but what can you do with (ect ect)". And everynow and then you get someone who says like "very impressive, but what can you do with a guitar?" Like wow, arent you a funny guy : p He plays bass and youre making fun of him for not playing a more popular instrument, you clever thing, you : p

I see that alot in general with bassists, when you see a really good one theres at least one guy who says something along the lines "why not just play guitar?", yeah why waste your time working hard to become good at one instrument when you can do all that on an instrument that guy has deemed worthy? : p

And the worst are like people who throw fits about how people play their bass guitars, like bassists who do really cool harmonies and chord work, youll see one person who has to bash them for doing that, as if its just not allowed on bass guitar : p Theyre getting too good, so we better step in and put them in their place : p I also watched a live video of the two guys from Pinback playing a song where they both play bass guitar, and there were like multiple people saying like "THEYRE BOTH PLAYING BASS?!?!?" Haha I guess they couldnt comprehend this idea, was too much for them to process apparently : p

It seems like either snobby big headed guitarists, or people who resent the fact that they arent a musician, like to look down on bass guitarists, and want everyone else to do the same : p Such a loser thing to do, haha : p
OOOOoooohh yeah, there are just some people who just cant handle anything remotely innovative or new.
personally, i wish people wrote more intricate parts for bass cleft; just because we're down low and holding the rhythm doesnt mean you cant look cool while playing.

Back