Share your latest acquisitions!

Carrot, I can't think of an interesting poll.

• Yes.

• No.

• Perhaps?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah I was excited to get them : p Will provide me with entertainment for like ever : p Several of them are games Ive been wanting to play for years, like TIme Stalkers or the two Star Wars games I got (the last game Im waiting for is Star Wars Jedi Academy, Hex Scout made me wanna get it : p)

And I always wished we had those pretty colorful controllers, too : ( Wish Americans would stop being so anti color. I dont get it.

Hoho, a thread to gloat and boast over my vast collection? I'll bite.

These beauties (namely; Japanese imports of the Super Donkey Kong trilogy or, as us Westerners dub it, Donkey Kong Country, along with five N64 titles, being Banjo-Tooie, Yoshi's Story, Banjo-Kazooie, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards and Donkey Kong 64) arrived at my doorstep from overseas a few weeks ago:

1ryaq3g.jpg

ijUrBwl.jpg

Also among my recent gaming-related investments would be a complete copy of Red Alarm, one of the better-known titles of the Virtual Boy's miniscule and, quite frankly, less-than-stellar library.

pFtOLlp.jpg

sWNjw5x.jpg

Jk9gMnP.jpg

These beauties (namely; Japanese imports of the Super Donkey Kong trilogy or, as us Westerners dub it, Donkey Kong Country

I reckon "Super Donkey Kong" is the dub, and "Donkey Kong Country" is the native title, being a British game and all. Japan were the last to get it, too, but that's to be expected. I suppose it depends on who originally named the property. The game is 100% Rare's style, so I wonder if they got to name their creation.

Speaking of Japan and DK Country, I've always wondered just how popular it was over there, since the style of the game is so western/European-centric. Some people speculate it's not as widely loved, and both Donkey and Diddy are not treated as warmly in the land of the rising sun. I never jump to conclusions, but I'd like to know the story behind this price comparison for Japanese Amiibos. They're all priced the same except for Donkey and Diddy, which are notably lower...

3Mwli7e.jpg

Last edited:
Ive heard that The Legend of Zelda isnt really all that popular in Japan. So Id imagine the Zelda amiibo would be cheaper, too?

I dont really know, though. I know that amiibos are not all the same price, at least not in my gamestores. The Peach amiibo I got for CMV was a bit cheaper than some of the others : p (Think it was like 9$)

Haha. I've got the cockroach/bug one in a couple of my VB games. It seems to be the main one released with that system. This one is also pretty common and charming, since it appears to be based on the late British comedy icon, Kenneth Williams...

Nintendo%20Power%20ad%20brochure%2001a%20before.jpg

w31CzgR.jpg

Ready to solder! :D
I wanted to buy Pokémon Blue for my 18th birthday, but didn't want to lose my save file within the first 5-10 years. So I decided to also order some replacement batteries and a screwdriver! The screwdriver took quite some time to ship, but it's here now!
The game's from the Netherlands, the batteries are from France and the screwdriver is from China. I'm looking forward to play the game!
The previous owner had a pretty impressive save file on it:
tG8D9dR.jpg

So it's my 18th birthday anniversary, today!!

I asked a certain game from my mother, as I had wanted it for a while. And I got it! It was no surprise anymore, but it was nice to play it.
mh7kwcC.jpg

This was extremely appropriate, too. d:p
q1oB5Ia.jpg

But even before I got that, my 11 year old brother gave me a gift... I was expecting it to be some kind of drawing or something... I hadn't seen this coming at all!! d:eek:
uMkT11s.jpg

Awesome, right?!? :D
He told me afterwards his mother was with him when he bought it and she was like "Why would you pick that one? There are much nicer looking ones..." but he knows I like Wario. d;)

Edit: Oh, and I also got a Yoshi plush! I'm not sure where it's from, it doesn't have any official-looking label, but it's nice. d:)

Last edited:
So it's my 18th birthday anniversary, today!!

I asked a certain game from my mother, as I had wanted it for a while. And I got it! It was no surprise anymore, but it was nice to play it.
mh7kwcC.jpg

This was extremely appropriate, too. d:p
q1oB5Ia.jpg

But even before I got that, my 11 year old brother gave me a gift... I was expecting it to be some kind of drawing or something... I hadn't seen this coming at all!! d:eek:
uMkT11s.jpg

Awesome, right?!? :D
He told me afterwards his mother was with him when he bought it and she was like "Why would you pick that one? There are much nicer looking ones..." but he knows I like Wario. d;)

Edit: Oh, and I also got a Yoshi plush! I'm not sure where it's from, it doesn't have any official-looking label, but it's nice. d:)

Damn straight!
1468371949266.gif

:shantdance2:Also Happy Birthday!:shantdance2:

I'm gonna share it, not because of what it is, but for those who were part of the events on Discord, you'll understand WHEN my latest acquisition was:

BlueJackG Tee.jpg

So to put everyone on the same page, I got this t-shirt on March 1st. I kinda wanna buy something for myself soon...

I realized I haven't shared these here yet... I got a couple plushies custom-made for me by budsies.com, a company that will basically make a plushie out of any artwork you give them. Awesome!
So naturally, the first thing I asked for was my Shantae... (as if it would be anyone else)

Shantae plush.jpg

What a cutie.
For my second character, I requested one that was a little more "outside the box" (or "under the boulder")...it's Gruntilda's Skeleton form, from Banjo-Tooie!

Skeletal Grunty plush.jpg
Skeleton Grunty.png

I mean really, how many plushies of skeletal Grunty exist out there? This very well may be it, and I love it.

Anywho, these guys are totally awesome, if you've ever wanted a plushie of a character that gets no love, look no further. I'm gearing up to get some more from them myself.

Last edited:
I realized I haven't shared these here yet... I got a couple plushies custom-made for me by budsies.com, a company that will basically make a plushie out of any artwork you give them. Awesome!

[...]

Anywho, these guys are totally awesome, if you've ever wanted a plushie of a character that gets no love, look no further. I'm gearing up to get some more from them myself.
That's a really cool service!! Thanks for sharing!
It'd be too expensive for me, but I actually think it's kind of cheap for what you get!

Camera isn't cooperating but I got a Piranha Plant World of Nintendo figure and a pack of Pokemon cards.

aRcKLbRChTkJ7FbNIBu3oLiGwJSeaUUT.png
Bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, been playing the hell out of this game, not only because it's the only game on Switch aside from Zelda which I finished weeks ago, but it's surprisingly fun, as I thought the only thing getting this game for was being able to play it anywhere, but having double items, purple sparking, more blue shells, etc makes the game almost feel like new.

The game itself feels different to, which makes you change up your game play. If you play this a whole lot and try going back to the older version you'll find that they both play differently, at least slightly.

not only because it's the only game on Switch aside from Zelda which I finished weeks ago
Hey, there are plenty of games on Switch! I haven't got a Switch myself, but I've seen a lot of fun-looking games for it: Snipperclips, Snake Pass, TumbleSeed, Lego City Undercover, Yooka-Laylee, et cetera.

Back