[Fan Content] Super Wario Land [Fan-game]

Well, have been playing the new demo. It's decent, but...

1. The tutorial is far, far too long. Seriously, about 3-4 minutes of my 25 minute video is me sitting through the plodding, painfully slow intro and tutorial. Either way, give us a quick way to skip both please.

2. The section where you have to jump across ladders still doesn't work well. Please just replace them with blocks, it'd be much more enjoyable and actually bearable on a keyboard.

Other than that, pretty good again. New level seems interesting enough.

Thanks for the feedback :) Sorry for the long time since the last demo. My life is a bit... well, it's good, but I have less self confidence than ever, so I've been very focused and thoughtful on life lately, so I've been a bit down...

Anyway, yes, I can for sure add a "Skip tutorial" option.

The ladder is for future level.

No problem, thanks for the update anyway!

Presumably the hub world expands with each update, and the ladders lead to differet sections with other levels. Is that right?

No problem, thanks for the update anyway!

Presumably the hub world expands with each update, and the ladders lead to differet sections with other levels. Is that right?
Exactly. Since this game is inspired by Super Mario 64, I also added this feature that you can open new sections after doing so-so many things. In Mario 64, a new area is unlocked after beating a Bowser. Here it requiers a certain amount of stars.

Not sure if you've reached the boss yet? You need 8 stars for it. Not sure how it turned out, but I hope it turned out ok :) The main goal of the game will be to defeat the bosses. Defeating all bosses will grant access to the final boss, and in order to reach the bosses, you need stars. I'm still unsure how many stars/levels, and how many bosses there will be, though.

Exactly. Since this game is inspired by Super Mario 64, I also added this feature that you can open new sections after doing so-so many things. In Mario 64, a new area is unlocked after beating a Bowser. Here it requiers a certain amount of stars.

Not sure if you've reached the boss yet? You need 8 stars for it. Not sure how it turned out, but I hope it turned out ok :) The main goal of the game will be to defeat the bosses. Defeating all bosses will grant access to the final boss, and in order to reach the bosses, you need stars. I'm still unsure how many stars/levels, and how many bosses there will be, though.

Yeah, I reached it.

Quite a fun fight, though I kind of tanked the lot by simply beating the crap out of it with a flurry of shoulder barges and punches. Don't change that though, that's quite fun to me. It's fun to see a boss whose difficulty is somewhat dependent on how well you've come prepared.

Like in Wario Land 4 really. You buy lots of items, you crush them in seconds. Or in Shake It, where the more health you get, the more you can tank hits.

It's a good game so far.

This looks OK, but I can't really judge the game based on the footage we've seen so far, so I'll say more when more progress is made! I've seen Alex before on the HCS Forum, so it's interesting to me that he's the composer of this game.

I donwloaded DEMO 2, but I cannot get thru the misson select screen, I can enter the select screen with space then Im stuck there, what ever I chose , no reaction to any of the buttons

Maybe the left mouse button might work?
Uh no =( I tried everything, with default keyboard controlls, and with controller. Pressed almost every button. Cannot get past the mission select screen. I can control it with the arrow keys to go down or up, but cannot start any of them.

I'm on Windows 7 x64

Last edited:
Ah, the Missions are not something you select. It's something you complete while playing the game. The Missions in the Missions Menu is basically just describing what each one requiers :)

BY THE WAY, FOLKS!
Not sure how many are still reading this thread... but, if you are, that's awesome! :) A new Demo is almost ready! I'm not sure exactly what the differences are from the last one, since I've released some versions here, some on Twitter, and some on Youtube. So I don't remember what was included in the one I released here the last time. But, here's some major things made recently:

-Boss 1 complete
-New level complete (there are now 4 levels)
-Lots of bug fixes
-Small changes (like being able to skip the tutorial)
-Other stuff I can't remember

Expect it soon!

Ah, the Missions are not something you select. It's something you complete while playing the game. The Missions in the Missions Menu is basically just describing what each one requiers :)

BY THE WAY, FOLKS!
Not sure how many are still reading this thread... but, if you are, that's awesome! :) A new Demo is almost ready! I'm not sure exactly what the differences are from the last one, since I've released some versions here, some on Twitter, and some on Youtube. So I don't remember what was included in the one I released here the last time. But, here's some major things made recently:

-Boss 1 complete
-New level complete (there are now 4 levels)
-Lots of bug fixes
-Small changes (like being able to skip the tutorial)
-Other stuff I can't remember

Expect it soon!
:D Now I feel super retarded, but I still can not press anything when NEW GAME is selected . I select load game or new game with arrow keys, but enter dosent do anything on new game... I can only use space

:D Now I feel super retarded, but I still can not press anything when NEW GAME is selected . I select load game or new game with arrow keys, but enter dosent do anything on new game... I can only use space
Z is used to confirm :) Imagine Z and X as your typical A and B buttons :)

Reactions: 607
Yeah, I quite like the hats too. Prefer transformations, but it's still nice to see the Wario Land 1 era power ups make a comeback none the less.

If you guys decide to try it out, I'd love feedback on the new level ^_^ I've done something different for this one. Similar to Mario 64, the level can have some changes to it, depending on which star mission you choose. This is the case with this new level, too.

I'll give you some feedback in the week or so. Just got to download the newest demo and try out the new level.

Back