It's not easy making her hair white, but for this picture I really wanted to. So I used some editing software and made it look white, since the model itself doesn't come with white hair like the previous models did. Oh well, anything for Ashley.

I really hoped that she'd be in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, seeing as Wario's racket has his nose and not his typical 'W'. It seems like a really weird choice for a racket icon now since it's not happening.

If anyone from the WarioWare series is gonna be put into Mario spinoffs, the first choice will realistically be Ashley. I'm not sure if it'll happen, but I think she's got a decent shot, compared to many other characters.

a close 2nd is Mona, mostly because she's like, Wario's right hand man or in this case, women. I'd see Ashley in a game like Smash or Mario Kart, like somebody pointed out sports really wouldn't be her thing, but a lot of characters look like that, so who knows? I'm more than welcome to the idea of Ashley being in a lot of Mario spin-off's.

Hell to the yeahs, it does! I was hyped up when Ashley was revealed as playable in SMM. I remember people saying Mona and Jimmy T was Wario's right hand man, but Ashley took center stage.

Like I said, give the people want they want. If Warioware characters are in spin-offs Ashley will be the first in line with probably Mona being 2nd.

Seeing how things are right now with the spin-offs, Nintendo will probably not put unique characters like that in anyway. ...at least not any time soon.

For one, there's the trend of only "main Mario series characters" appearing in Mario Tennis, Mario Party and both Mario RPG series.
The only reason Diddy Kong is in the new Mini Mario game is probably cuz DK plays a big role in that series. Other than that there's no Mimi Wario but there IS a mini Rosalina. Gotta have the space waifu.
The last game that really did something unique was Mario Kart 8 but the inclusion of Animal Crossing characters felt more like advertisement for Happy Home Designer and Amiibo Festival than a real love letter. Not sure why...maybe it was the timing.

Besides that, they probably don't wanna have to design 3D models for characters that are usually 2D.
It kinda feels like with the main cast of characters (that are in pretty much every roster) they are already using the same models for every new game now... at least it's hard to tell any differences.
I mean look at the new Mario Tennis game. They probably only have the Sprixie Princess in there because they could recycle her model from 3D World.
More and more games are 3D now and those are harder to create assets for than 2D games. Maybe in a 2D Mario game it would be more likely.
I mean the only reason there are so many cameos in Mario Maker is because the sprites are extremely easy to make.

Am I just too cynical?
I think it's because recently most of Nintendo's games have been kinda underwhelming with these things... playing it safe, playing it uncomplicated, playing it easy to make.

tumblr_o21f0z9IA41s2z1y6o4_400.jpg
New Valentine's badges came in today, one including Ashley from the Warioware series. (WELL DUH!)

• Does this prove my theory of Ashley getting new artwork for each holiday?
  • Cute badge, Ashley holing a Valentine's heart is the cutest thing ever!
So, any thoughts on this new artwork? Do you think Nintendo will put out more Ashley holiday themed badges in the future?

Really? Because I'm sort of. I didn't even know what they'd do for Ashley on Valentine's, she just doesn't seem the type to be apart of it. But Whateves. It's cute anyways, more Ashley the better I say.

I'm starting to think Ashley will start being a holiday themed for each holiday. Started with Halloween and now it'll keep going.

Apparently they don't seem as interested in maintaining their character's integrity as they are in making money.

One of Ashley's main traits is wanting friends.

"Japanese Valentine’s Day is nothing like others. In Japan Valentine’s Day is celebrated in a very unique style. It is the women who present gifts to men.
There is a strong tradition of women giving chocolates to men on Valentines Day. There are two types of chocolates, “Giri-choco” (obligation chocolate), and “Honmei-choco”. Giri-choco is meant to be for friends, colleagues, bosses, and close male friends. “Giri” means obligation hence this Giri-choco has no romance involved. On the other hand, Honmei-choco is given to a boyfriend, lover, or husband with true love."

It actually makes perfect sense.

Also, Honmei-choco is usually homemade while Giri-choco is more commonly bought(and Ashley's chocolate seems bought).

Well, it has been some time. Maybe she's finally ready to make a new friend? I hear she's already canonically friends with Nikki (Japanese version, which is the younger version who seems more open to making friends.)

She wants friends but is she the type to go out and make friends?
She technically is friends with the Ware employees, even if I'm not sure she realizes that. Badge Arcade has implied her and Nikki to be friends though.

I could also see Ashley getting friendship chocolate ready, then suddenly realize she has no friends. XD:

Back