It's crazy how well Ashley works in Wind Waker, despite her being from an entirely different series with a different artstyle,
and also the amount of effort that was put into this mod to begin with.

Although I can't help but be slightly disappointed they just stuck with the original outfit and didn't make a 3d version of her Link outfit from the Badge Arcade
396776.jpg

But that probably would have been too much work added onto an already pretty extensive mod. (For one, it'll require basically creating an entirely new model from the ground up as opposed to simply modifying her smash model like they did here.)

Speaking of Ashley as Link, I kind of wish someone would hack Wind Waker and replace the characters with Wario characters like the above collab, that's most likely a pipe dream and most likely impossible given the sheer amount of work that would require, on top of hardware limitations and the like, but I would have loved to see someone replace the original characters from Majora's Mask with 3D versions of these
C6B8z5aU4AEUlu8.jpg

and maybe create other Wario equivalents as well for whoever would be most fitting or what not.

Yeah, a Zelda mod with Wario characters would be great. Then again, so would a Majora's Mask mod that's literally in the same style as the Badge Arcade badges.

Ashley. Ashley. Ashley.
As a character - she's fine! But don't tell me for one freaking second that Nintendo didn't know what they were doing when they made a grumpy, female, young witch with interesting clothes and a little demon buddy.
They have polluted the fanbase with perverts, artists who don't even play games and the 'cool kids' who think she's 'edgy '.

Ashley. Ashley. Ashley.
As a character - she's fine! But don't tell me for one freaking second that Nintendo didn't know what they were doing when they made a grumpy, female, young witch with interesting clothes and a little demon buddy.
They have polluted the fanbase with perverts, artists who don't even play games and the 'cool kids' who think she's 'edgy '.
Gotta disagree with you there bud. Those types of people are always going to exist. Nintendo just wanted to make a cool character y es todo.

I'm also gonna disagree since the internet as it is now is way different from how things were in 2005. Ashley has gradually gotten more popular over the years but during the mid to late 2000s her popularity was nothing like how it appears nowadays.

The whole idea Ashley was created to appeal to unsavoury types (as if Nintendo, a company notorious for how protective it is of its kids brand, would ever try to do that) is rlly funny. There's nothing remotely skeevy about her appearances in the games.

She's a cute cartoon witch. That really isn't a tainted archetype, come on.

I'm also gonna disagree since the internet as it is now is way different from how things were in 2005. Ashley has gradually gotten more popular over the years but during the mid to late 2000s her popularity was nothing like how it appears nowadays.

I can't show the receipts but I remember coming across a now-ded Japanese Geocities fanpage that had popularity polls for both Touched and SMooth Moves (when both games were new, I mean) and Ashley was #1 with double the votes of the next guy and the only one in the four digits. My perception was that she became the fan-favourite quite quickly.

The whole idea Ashley was created to appeal to unsavoury types (as if Nintendo, a company notorious for how protective it is of its kids brand, would ever try to do that) is rlly funny. There's nothing remotely skeevy about her appearances in the games.

She's a cute cartoon witch. That really isn't a tainted archetype, come on.

I can't show the receipts but I remember coming across a now-ded Japanese Geocities fanpage that had popularity polls for both Touched and SMooth Moves (when both games were new, I mean) and Ashley was #1 with double the votes of the next guy and the only one in the four digits. My perception was that she became the fan-favourite quite quickly.
Oh I'm not doubting that but what I mean back then the internet was much smaller and divided up and so we didn't have like a ton of Ashley fanart or "Ashley for Smash" type movements that we see nowadays.

Last edited:
I think that's fair, but Nintendo knew they'd pull people in.
There's nothing remotely skeevy about her appearances in the games.
They left just enough to breed the thoughts OF skeev. Look at Wraith from Apex Legends.
She's the most played, fan favourite. Why?
Her 'moody' personality, of course!
People think she's edgy. Same with Ashley.

I'm going to be hit with a ton of dislikes again, aren't I?

I think that's fair, but Nintendo knew they'd pull people in.

They left just enough to breed the thoughts OF skeev. Look at Wraith from Apex Legends.
She's the most played, fan favourite. Why?
Her 'moody' personality, of course!
People think she's edgy. Same with Ashley.

I'm going to be hit with a ton of dislikes again, aren't I?
Honestly the internet is gonna do that to any character that's a girl really.

wow this place has shriveled up and died. i wish that there was more Ashley stuff to actually talk about

Last edited:
Back