Votes: 7 46.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • yes & no

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Monxiasyshrema77

I didn't choose the sludge life
when will it die? Probably not for a while. 5 days ago (by the time i post this Thread) Nintendo announces a NEW 2DS model, The New 2DS XL. (Wonder why thay dont have a smaller model..) On July 28, 2017 and with a price tag of 149.99 (so about $150) The New 2DS XL will hit store selves. im gonna get one. i lost the last one. not gonna lose this one.

Personally, the only thing that surprises me about this is that they didn't do it earlier. I expected a New Nintendo 2DS of some sort.

I could see myself suggesting it to someone who still doesn't have a 3DS and doesn't care for 3D. But as an owner of a New Nintendo 3DS myself (since my 2DS broke), I don't see myself snagging it soon, if ever.

I see mylself getting this. The only New 3DSeses available in Canada at non-scalpers prices are XL-sized and I've developed mild astigmatism so the 3D pretty much doesn't work for me.

Honestly i'm not too interested in this since I already own a New 3DS XL
But hey it's a nice middle ground for those that want something more powerful then the regular 2DS/3DS but not as expensive as the new 3DS XL, and I will say, that design looks pretty fucking sick. (the black and blue color scheme especially.)

I think it's cool. I like how they realise the 3D gimmick of the 3DS isn't what makes or breaks the console, and I like how this one can actually be closed, although that does mean it's less suitable for young kids. (I know some of my cousins liked to push the screen on the GBA SP too far...)

It looks nice and it has the fold design and it will surely be a good option for some people.
Personally, it's not for me; I honestly prefer the normal size of 3ds'. Also, I have the new 3ds and I love the 3D and have it on 99% of the time anyway. xP

The price is right! The thought is right! The design is right! But I already own a New nintendo 3DS XL, so I have no need. Otherwise, I think it is a VERY, VERY affordable cost and way to acquire a 3DS if one should ever think about giving the 3DS family a go!

I LOVE THE NEW 2DS! The design is so great! I love how it looks! Taking away the 3D functionality, making it more powerful, and designing the screen to resemble that of a smartphone is a great improvement imo. Great job, Nintendo.

Much better than the first 2DS, honestly. Clamshell and sleek design make me wanna get one to substitute my old 3DS. It might have come at a bad time, though, considering the Switch is out and it works like a handheld device.

Much better than the first 2DS, honestly. Clamshell and sleek design make me wanna get one to substitute my old 3DS. It might have come at a bad time, though, considering the Switch is out and it works like a handheld device.
True. I do think it's still got appeal, though, as it's much cheaper, much more handheld, whereas the Switch is portable too but not as easy to take with you and play, and, perhaps most importantly, it's got a much, much bigger library of games.

I'm not sure how much longer the 3DS line has before the Switch takes over completely, but making a cheaper affordable version of the New 3DS minus the 3D is understandable.

Holy damn, the design of this 2ds is just amazing, like that is extreamly fine, so fine in fact that I almost feel like buying this. However my 3DSXL has every Ashley badge that has come to America + all 3ds themes, so no way in hell will this replace my 3dsXL.

Still, damn that is slick.

Back