The Original Character Thread

Eliso on Spoopy Night: "What am I supposed to be? Well, I couldn't decide on Orbulon, Rottytops, or a newschool rapper, so I went for all three! I'm Lil R0ttyL0n! Now where's the brains? I mean burgers- err, lean- uhh, candy?"
20181011_175918.jpg

Eliso on Spoopy Night: "What am I supposed to be? Well, I couldn't decide on Orbulon, Rottytops, or a newschool rapper, so I went for all three! I'm Lil R0ttyL0n! Now where's the brains? I mean burgers- err, lean- uhh, candy?"
View attachment 8239

Good stuff. Any and all Shantae references are more than welcome.

Shanties.png

Here's a piece of art by WubcakeVA depicting Noire and Ember McLain from Danny Phantom. I've never seen the show, but this is cute as hell and from what I know about the character they seem like they would be friends.

I constantly change confirmations so some things might be different. Now with that out of the way...

I tried to make a boy. His name is Maximino. I couldn't think of good colors for him. But I'm definitely changing them some time. I mostly think blonde hair is so not him. With or without dark blue streaks.
20181116_224800.jpg
He's a preteen, like Eliso and Demetria (the blue haired girl). I wanted to give him a high pitched voice with a Bronx... I guess... accent? Cuz I'm random like that. My randomness made me want their world, land, whatever, to have mythical and fairy tale stoof but also spacey and techy thingies. Anyway... He and Demetria have known each other as little kids. Max is adventurous, and like Demetria, he's into magic.

Last edited:
AHEM I got a few OCs as well... Here they are!

They're all part of the same universe, and are actually a team! Each character here has their own little story behind them, because fun fact, they're part of a bigger story I'm making, with its own world and locations blah blah blah, you get the gist.
P_20181117_121758_vHDR_On_1.jpg

So, lemme tell you about them:

Revvy is a 14 year old who loves adventures, excitement, and having fun. Her dream, ever since she was young, is to be a pirate, and sail the seven seas, as any pirate would do. This dream comes from the fact that her parents are pirates themselves, but they never allowed her to sail along with them, because of the danger.

Ross is an 18 year old who just so happens to also be Revvy's brother! Yeah, they're related. But anyways, Ross is a total outcast, he's shy, he's awkward, and sometimes he's sad, but he has a big heart of gold to make up for all that!
Let's dive into some backstory: Revvy and Ross's parents got taken away by the villain, and Ross, at the time being 14, thought he could go out and rescue them, but he couldn't. Ross got lost at sea and washed up in a little island with a gigantic lighthouse on it, so, with no means of returning home, he decided to stay there.

Yuko is an 18 year old who was trained to kill her whole life, despite not wanting to, by the villain, trained to kill Revvy and Ross, who he knew would come for him eventually. The villain killed her mother and harvested her essence, just like he did with Revvy and Ross' parents, so she joins the siblings in their adventure, to get revenge.

Flavio, a 15 year old and Petey, a 4 year old are two brothers who died in a car crash, thus becoming ghosts. Flavio is a determined, slightly competetive, cheerful and proud guy, while his little bro is as happy as ever, most of the time. In this world, when people die, they stay in the city of PurgsBurg (purgatory) before going to either Golden Gate City (heaven) or The Flaming Hot Abyss (hell), and they were supposed to go to heaven, but the villain shut the gates to the after life, so they, along with various others, got stuck there. Revvy, Ross and Yuko encounter him during their adventure, and they make friends, causing him to join their team. They really miss their family, who survived the crash.

Ivy, or RVY-02, is a genetically created human, originally made in the laboratories of the villain to be a clone of Revvy, since she, despite being a little girl, held a powerful and hopeful essence in her. However, Ivy is the total opposite of Revvy. She's rude, stressed, and has a bad temper, however, she's a softy on the inside. She was made and instructed to kill Revvy, and she tried to, but in the end, the team convinced her to join them, which Ivy agreed to, due to her days in the lab being ones of neglect and lonliness, she believed that they could help her, and they did.

And that's all. Apologies for the long post there!

Last edited:
A new OC is crashing the party!
20181215_151922.gif

Her name is Varli, and she's an alien, but not the same species as Xabby. She intends to do experiments on magical things, including Eliso, who she used to want to dissect. Then Demetria got the idea of dissecting Eliso hehehe.

Not even February yet but Happy Varlentine's Day from my ayylien gals
1548817162775.png

That girl who I called "Meaner Memer," I have finally decided on her real name. Maura. Maura Mina.
And Eliso's little bro, Ennio, he's got a new design. Right here.
1548560225784.png

1548562004002.png

1548561163609.png

Yes, they are Varli's species.

Soup Once Again.png

God, I haven't drawn this fucker in literal years.
This. Is Soup. That is his name. The story behind that is, when I was a lad of ~11, I was using Scratch 1.4, making shitty palette swaps. Someone called me out on that, like "is that all you can do" and I immediately set out to prove myself. I made a project with a chicken broth-colored background, a black floor w/ two airborne black rectangles, and made a red ball with a face just like the one up in the top right.
I did "Save As," but couldn't think of a name for the project. Something happened where my mother looked at it, somehow that led into the project being named Soup. By his next appearance, I gave him white mitten hands and got rid of his mouth. The next: he gained Kirby feet, which were also white. Shortly after, we had that one you see imitating Toad from the 1st SMB. Fast forward a few years, and I was alternating between these three designs you see in the image (that aren't the ball). As you can see, even now I rather like the design utilizing white for the sphere instead of red.
wham bam rock.png

oops i accidentally made that generic mook's design too appealing
now i gotta draw that too

View attachment 9022
God, I haven't drawn this fucker in literal years.
This. Is Soup. That is his name. The story behind that is, when I was a lad of ~11, I was using Scratch 1.4, making shitty palette swaps. Someone called me out on that, like "is that all you can do" and I immediately set out to prove myself. I made a project with a chicken broth-colored background, a black floor w/ two airborne black rectangles, and made a red ball with a face just like the one up in the top right.
I did "Save As," but couldn't think of a name for the project. Something happened where my mother looked at it, somehow that led into the project being named Soup. By his next appearance, I gave him white mitten hands and got rid of his mouth. The next: he gained Kirby feet, which were also white. Shortly after, we had that one you see imitating Toad from the 1st SMB. Fast forward a few years, and I was alternating between these three designs you see in the image (that aren't the ball). As you can see, even now I rather like the design utilizing white for the sphere instead of red.
View attachment 9029
oops i accidentally made that generic mook's design too appealing
now i gotta draw that too
1549521652897.png

Okay, here he is. Rarely does the goblet man break his neutral expression, instead conveying his personality through doting "nerr" sounds and exaggerated body language, in his daily experiences aboard a pirate ship. He works as the chef, and a surprisingly good one at that. The first mate doesn't like him much, but the captain does, finding his eccentric, cat-like behaviour rather charming.
And to think: all those ideas spawned from drawing a simple sailor pose.

Now Varli's a deluxe babe
1549589795153.png

"Ohhh, zis tsoilet makes-ah me feel powerful... So muts power... Zats a lot of power... I AM-EH ZA MIGHTSY VARLI DZELUXE!! SOMESING TSRULY MAZICAL! OUT'S' OF ZIS WORLD! ZIS STSRANGE WORLD! SO STSRANGE! NYEEHAHAHAHA!!.......I zust hope zat littsle Earsling girl doesn't's' poop on my partsy. No want's' for zat. No want's'."
yes this is kind of a funetik aksent, I confirmed her to have some such alien accent, and I wanted to try it on dialogue of Varli at least once hehe

Woah... I was able to design 6 characters on 1 day...
20190210_210131~2-1.jpg

This girl is a tentacled, crab clawed mermaid. I have come up with a name for her, making me draw a bubble coming out of her belly button. She's called Bubblegut, which may or may not be her real name. I haven't confirmed it yet. Also, those are skeleton hands she's wearing as a top.

20190210_210131~2-2.jpg

This girl is a slime mummy ghost.

20190210_210131~2-3.jpg

This girl is a vampire zombie spider. She even has 4 eyes.

20190210_210131~2-4.jpg

This girl is a cyborg tree snake.

20190210_210131~2-5.jpg

This girl is an elf bird orc.

20190210_210131~2-6.jpg

And finally, this boy is a leprechaun cactus mantis.
Names and colored pics coming soon.

20190210_210131~2.jpg

Back