tahutoa:

• Waa

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Naa

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1551906487747.png

An old drawing of Red-Brief J I made. If anyone can please direct me to the proper place to post this that'd be cool

Why is it that doing a Kermit the Frog voice seems to be a prerequisite for operatic and choral singing.
So what if it sounds nice and airy? So what if its pleasant quality being brought up means I'm answering my own question?

@stupidface
It's really easy to picture this song as taking place over the course of multiple acts:
An empty mansion from the Reconstruction era. Inside, a ghost is practicing their dance, even after everyone else is long gone. Gently swaying along to music that is no longer playing.
The past. Happy people, arriving by invitation. Everything the young thing got up to during the party of their life. Love. Dancing.
Seeing what the very room we just saw looks like now, old & dusty. Forgotten. The brief stints of high-pitched violin representing the ghost's singular presence.
A brief reprisal of the first portion.
Another brief look into the Past, at a different point in the night.
The pizzicato returns, but combined with the mood from the first part: the life isn't there. It can't be recaptured.
In the end, it seems that the ghost, too, is disappearing, whether it be because they're moving on, or perhaps fading away, but always, gracefully.

This performance of the tune has absolutely spoiled me. It was originally a ragtime piece, but this is so much more beautiful.

Attachments

• Bolcom - Graceful Ghost, for piano.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 449
My Music History class says about the clavichord that "the sound produced is very quiet—the softest of any musical instrument."
I was like "no wayyyy", cuz there's no way that's the quietest instrument, even if it is really quiet. But, like. Can anyone vouch for this?

The older I get, the more I realize how fucking solid Matoro Mahri's design is, and tbh I kinda wish I'd gotten him instead of Nuparu Mahri. My friend Blake had both of them, I think. Kongu too.
...I wonder if he recalls the time he spent with me anywhere near as much as I reminisce about the time I was friends with him.

To be honest, I'm kind of afraid to go looking for him because I'm afraid of what I might find. That perhaps doing so will desecrate his memory. He dropped off the face of the earth, and I don't know if he's on any social media. I generally dislike the whole machisimo culture, and never cared all too much for that side of his interests-- since he's literally a man, now, I can't imagine that he'd be anywhere near as fagtastic as me, know what'm sayin'?
Like, I've never said 'no homo' unironically, to give you a clue. ....If the boy is cute I'll suck his weiner okay???? They gotta be girlier-lookin' than me, though, which is saying something-- I look just masculine enough for you to be able to tell, but like if my whole face was bare & you put a wig on me it'd be a bit more ambiguous.

See this is really just my thread in a nutshell, isn't it. ...proof that I probably wouldn't be of the percentage of people who chose to shock themselves in that "boredom" experiment I remember hearing about, the one with the empty white room. Like, I get that it's boring, but come on, man, you must have ADHD or somethin'. I've spent over an hour in the shower just talking to myself as if I were giving a podcast, why should this be any different?

The sang that made me think Huntering With Bomb's organ may actually be supposed to be a Shawm.

Attachments

• Capella de la Torre - Tourdion.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 423
From the mid-15th century onward, imitation so dominated the texture of written polyphonic music that the entire Renaissance might well be called "the age of imitative counterpoint."

THAT'S HOW MUCH WE HAVE IN COMMON (YA!)
THAT'S HOW MUCH WE HAVE IN COMMON (WOAH!)

My Music History class says about the clavichord that "the sound produced is very quiet—the softest of any musical instrument."
I was like "no wayyyy", cuz there's no way that's the quietest instrument, even if it is really quiet. But, like. Can anyone vouch for this?

In comparison to the piano, yes. But that's because the strings are excited in a different manner.

There are few feelings quite as satisfying, and just all-around feel good, as
finding out that people are talking good about you behind your back.
I don't even know how to describe the way that this makes me feel, besides really fuckin' good.
I wonder which one won Kleyman over-- I bet it was Jellyfish Fields. That one still is impressive to me.

Speaking of which, how fucked up is it that because of the doctrine set up by Judaism/Christianity we essentially get told that Palestinians are literally human evil. Not to mention that Israel's army service is literally mandatory because all those fuckers can't quite grasp that Jerusalem is just a fuckin' rock. Even if God exists, I don't quite believe that any one place would be the token Holy Land except maybe that God made it slightly less shitty to live in-- you know, since in literally every interpretation of the Bible ever, the whole goddamn Earth is Tatooine minus the second sun-- THAT I can believe.

And on the subject of "evil" peoples, wasn't the whole deal with Nineva was that the old king who agreed to repent got killed by some new guy? And then the whole place got gaser beamed into oblivion-- but, like, didn't God do that on purpose? Also, why the fuck did he harden the Pharaoh's heart so many times? An excuse to make Egypt suffer??? That was so horrible! His poor baby! Babies are innocent, why would you do that?! Fuck that "letting suffering happen" nonsense, what about "making suffering happen"? Say what you will about miracles not happening anymore, no flaming bushes 'round here, but if it means the Angel of Death is no longer killing babies, then I'm for it. That poor poor man, having to bury his newborn son. For fuck's sake :'(

As someone who follows pro Israel voices, no one calls palestinians " human evil", the criticims are always solely on organizations that promote violence and unrest on Israeli citizens. Such as attacking them with rockets, rewarding those who attack Jewish peoples family with money, passing laws against selling lands to Jewish people, ect.

The issues in Israel at the fault of people, not of God. If we are speaking hypothetically on Gods existence (and I believe that He absolutely does), if Israel is the holy land given to Abraham and his decendants, and the Jewish people are His chosen people, and there is a spirtual being that once lived with God but turned against Him, was cast down to the earth, and is working to lead man against God, then it is logical that the holy land suffers from violence and unrest.

Pharaoh held the Jewish people as slaves. He already had decided to not let the Jews free. Allowing the plagues to fall on Egypt was a sign to the Jews enslaved in Egypt as well as to pharaoh that God was true and with the Jews.

Pharaoh lost his son, and this is sad, but he isnt a victim in the story. For the Jews who trusted God and marked their doors, their children were not harmed.

It is sad that children died, but all people are made to die one day, and the story encourages those who trust in God to trust in Him even when being persecuted. God made all things, He can both give and take.
Its also safe to say that children are not capable of understanding right and wrong, and that if God took them, they would not be held under judgement, and would not have to fear punishment.

Its also worth noting that even after the Jews were allowed to leave, pharaoh again decided to keep them as slaves and went out to force them back.

There are honestly a lot of things that Christians believe that I personally think Jesus wouldn't stand for: the man was an honest-to-God hippie, niggs, you really think he'd hate gay people, or the idea of consensual sex for fun and relaxation or whatever? Or that he'd hate trans people? 'Cause I sure as hell don't.
It's kind of annoying that my dad's decided we've been going for too long without watching church, considering I'm a closet agnostic, but when you hear the guy talking about the stuff in those sermon recordings, it's really just kind of depressing, because these people are so totally on board, they legitimately believe it, and the way he so earnestly talks about it makes you want to as well, but then you remember like "oh yeah", and it's just kinda bumming you out, y'know? Like, "yeah I can get down with that" but then at the same time you really can't...? I dunno man.
I need to get back to doing my schoolwork, instead of being such a bum...

Theres a difference between "hating gay people" and believing that it is right to abstain from sexual immorality.

There are small groups of people that promote hating the lbgt communitt that claim to be of Christ, but no where does Christ command to hate anyone for their errors.

Alot of people do twist not being okay with promoting a life style as good as hating a group of people, though. This is generally the case when it comes to this issue. As someone who deals with same sex attraction and is also Christian, no I do not believe that encouraging abstinence is a hateful act. I do not believe that my life is being harmed by restraining from sexual fulfillment.

As for Christ, He was by no means supportive of homosexual relations. He Himself reiterated that mankind was made male and female, and that marriage is between a man and woman.

There is no reason Biblically to believe that Christ approved of the lbgt lifestyle. He called mankind to repent.

We both love our neighbor, while avoid doing what we arent supposed to do, and share the Gospel with anyone who will listen. If someone wants to ignore it and live how they want and pronote their own lifestyle, they are free to do so. Both sides should have this rigjt.

Junior Prom fucking blew, man, they played this song where one of the lyrics was some gravelly fucker saying 'let me see your tits', and all these edited started doing "The Wobble", because I guess the damn thing came with the fuckin' plastic sheet with cartoon steps on 'em. I felt relieved when they played Uptown Funk. Then after that it was "One Foot Left Stomp" eyeroll and then after that my date went to request a song, and lo and behold it was one of those fuckin' songs that I liked when I was 11 and an edgy little fuck whom I'd like to shove to the ground-- you know those songs where the singer guy sounds like he's the barker for some demented carnival that the lyrics imply exists. God I cringed so hard internally. Don't even remember the band's name-- something with Pumpkins involved, I think (maybe that was the album cover).
The best thing about it were we got red, white, and blue finger lights (the theme was fire and ice)

Edit: You can't be serious. Call me a homophobe if you want to but censorship is bad news all around.

Last edited:
Back