Thoughts on Wario's Woods?

Wario's Wood is so salty, so veiny, so low-pH, so downright adamantine that it annihilated my trachea as it expelled liters of sap down my gullet. The whole scene was so raunchy and vile that I puked the entire contents of my thorax out after the fact.
396521773719617537.gif

I only played Wario's Woods on the NES port for Animal Crossing (you could actually play a lot of old NES/arcade games on there if you gave Nook the right item codes). I really enjoyed the on-field bosses on the story mode since you don't normally see that in arcade-style puzzle games.

That is legit a REALLY cool way to look at it, even if I'm doubtful that it was an intentional reference.

Tricky to say whether it's intentional, but the Wario's Woods games were from R&D1, and the WarioWare team are very proud of their heritage since they are always referencing R&D1 products in WarioWare (you only need to play the first game to see a veritable museum of it).

Tricky to say whether it's intentional, but the Wario's Woods games were from R&D1, and the WarioWare team are very proud of their heritage since they are always referencing R&D1 products in WarioWare (you only need to play the first game to see a veritable museum of it).
Very true and to add to that Wario's Woods has gotten in on that before as well, one microgame in Smooth Moves had a WW card cartridge and the editor in DIY had a bomb sprite from Woods as one of the pre-made 8-Bit sprites you could use.

So yeah, it's really not that out of the question when you get down to it.

I feel like Wario's Woods should be an extra game like Dr.Wario in the WarioWare Series, it would be just another thing to make you pick up WarioWare again.

That's a good idea, I think. Why didn't they include more parodies or ''demo versions'' of some of the lesser known Wario games in WarioWare?
Would be a good way to introduce novices into other Wario games.

Back