Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Really? It looks just like the Genesis' D pad. I always thought it was too wobbly.
Though I can see it working better for 3d games, I suppose. Now I wanna compare them side by side, though.

feelsl ike the SNES d-pad but has indents to better feel diagonals

I don't know how much this is an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely hate PewDiePie. I never liked that overly spoiled guy to begin with, but after that n-word incident I really started to dislike him.

I don't know how much this is an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely hate PewDiePie. I never liked that overly spoiled guy to begin with, but after that n-word incident I really started to dislike him.

I dont like pewdiepie, but just cuz I dont think hes entertaining. I wasnt all that upset by his use of that word, but dont turn that into me being sipportive of the ise of that word. Its a crappy thing to say, definitely. Any attack of a persons character is crappy. Fat jokes, poor jokes, ect ect.

I've heard that the word isnt as taboo where he lives, so I can see rude guys in places like that using that word more frequently. I keep that in mind when making judgements on such issues. I'm not the virte signaling kinda person : p im not gonna go crazy when someone says something I dont like : p if theyre ysing offensive skies and junk, im more likely to roll my eyes and walk away.

Hes clearly the kind of guy to make edgy jokes, like the hitler jokes he made. If you dont like iffensive content, then its a good idea to not watch his chanel : p

• Agree
Reactions: 607
I dont like pewdiepie, but just cuz I dont think hes entertaining. I wasnt all that upset by his use of that word, but dont turn that into me being sipportive of the ise of that word. Its a crappy thing to say, definitely. Any attack of a persons character is crappy. Fat jokes, poor jokes, ect ect.

I've heard that the word isnt as taboo where he lives, so I can see rude guys in places like that using that word more frequently. I keep that in mind when making judgements on such issues. I'm not the virte signaling kinda person : p im not gonna go crazy when someone says something I dont like : p if theyre ysing offensive skies and junk, im more likely to roll my eyes and walk away.

Hes clearly the kind of guy to make edgy jokes, like the hitler jokes he made. If you dont like iffensive content, then its a good idea to not watch his chanel : p

Ugh, so many typos, was hard to read that.

I typed that out on my phone on lunch break, didnt think it was that bad. Didnt have time to review it.

I really don't care about him or his mass following. Live and let live, I say. I do find it irritating when he starts popping up in things I enjoy (like South Park). But what can you do, eh? The world doesn't revolve around me, so I can't just ban him from appearing in my favourite media. Chance would be a fine thing, though...

zojigz2jduum4uc7dksr.png

This could go for many things really but I'd like to discuss it in video games specifically. A lot of people talk about games being "underrated" and deserving more acknowledgement or something to that effect but I kind of don't always feel the same way. Games being obscure, especially if they're good games, makes things feel more special to me. Like you know, having a more intimate connection with the game. I guess this probably ties in with my more introspective view on things. Anyone else feel this way or am I just being a crazy contrarian again?

This could go for many things really but I'd like to discuss it in video games specifically. A lot of people talk about games being "underrated" and deserving more acknowledgement or something to that effect but I kind of don't always feel the same way. Games being obscure, especially if they're good games, makes things feel more special to me. Like you know, having a more intimate connection with the game. I guess this probably ties in with my more introspective view on things. Anyone else feel this way or am I just being a crazy contrarian again?

I dunno. But there's definitely something special about obscure games, just because of their obscurity.

I'm not sure if it fits in here, but have any of you installed the amino app on your smartphones? If you didn't, please do yourself a favor and don't. It's being heavily advertising on tf2 videos, but don't install it.

I used to have a few different Amino Apps. Not worth it. Maybe if you didn'tneed to download a large app i'd be cool with it but its just not worth it IMO. As for how good it is stand alone i think it depends on the Amino App, PokéAmino gave me some good experience since the Pokémon fanbase isn't so bad but then comes AnimeAmino, love Anime but damn the fanbase is toxic and so is AnimeAmino.

Overall i don't hate it but it doesn't really serve any purpose when you can just look up a forum or a sub reddit.

I used to have a few different Amino Apps. Not worth it. Maybe if you didn'tneed to download a large app i'd be cool with it but its just not worth it IMO. As for how good it is stand alone i think it depends on the Amino App, PokéAmino gave me some good experience since the Pokémon fanbase isn't so bad but then comes AnimeAmino, love Anime but damn the fanbase is toxic and so is AnimeAmino.

Overall i don't hate it but it doesn't really serve any purpose when you can just look up a forum or a sub reddit.
I joined the tf2 and Mario amino, but they block your content for no reason. And if you want to upload fanart, you must upload it into their images section, a section that no one visits. It's basically tumblr but worse.

Luckily that wasn't a problem for me. I only actively posted on PokéAmino and i joined early giving me opportunity to butter up the mods so i only got in touble the one time.

I wouldn't say its worse than Tumblr but it is kinda dumb how they do things.

You may have noticed my stance on WarioWare Gold. And I admit, I still do kinda sorta feel like the best moment to get WarioWare on 3DS passed a while ago.

But I came to be a little softer on these new 3DS games/ports after realizing this; there are people with 3DSes today that are in the same spot I was with the PS2 in 2008.

To clarify, back in 2008, the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii were making the rounds. But the PS2 was still seeing some healthy degree of support. And before I got my Wii for Christmas in 2008, I considered it a godsend to even have a few interesting looking games coming out on PS2, ports or otherwise.

I knew it wouldn't last forever, which is part of why even then, I wanted the newer hardware, but back then, I was still in school, had no job, and had to earn my money elsewhere. The PS2 and Nintendo DS were what I had. I'm not in that situation anymore, which may have led me to forget about certain details.

But after realizing said details, I've gone softer on these ports and games on 3DS. The Wii U in general didn't do so hot, so for a lot of people, Captain Toad will pretty much be a new game, and that goes for both the 3DS and Switch. The WarioWare game might go appreciated. And I'm sure there are some 3DS owners out there who never got the original Luigi's Mansion. The Bowser's Inside Story remake does admittedly confuse me, but I'll save that for another day.

What I'm trying to say is, there may be some who want the newer, fancier hardware, but for one reason or another, they can't get it just yet. And obviously, Nintendo is making enough money off these people to find them viable. Now, to be clear, I know they won't be a viable audience forever; if they want a Switch, odds are, the day will eventually come, even if it takes a price drop for it to happen. But for now, at least, they deserve something to look forward to.

Something I find slightly irritating enough for me to make a post about is how people act about having their favorite characters appear in Smash Bros. The way people act almost feels like they want their favorite character to be "validated" by Smash Bros and if they're not in it then it's a massive loss of some kind. I'll admit I'm a bit biased as I'm not a super huge fan of Smash Bros. I'll play it with friends if enough people want to play but it's not something I cream my pants over. In my eyes, at the end of the day Smash Bros is a fighting game first and a crossover second. You'll usually end up picking characters not based on which ones you personally love but based on how they play. Maybe Charizard is your favorite Pokemon but you absolutely hate the way he plays. Maybe you're a huge fan of Mega Man but he plays too stiff for your liking. That's always a possibility. People have wanted Ridley for years and maybe now that he's in he'll be a terrible character no one will end up playing.

Another different but related point is that it annoys me when people like a character solely because of their Smash Bros portrayal.

Something I find slightly irritating enough for me to make a post about is how people act about having their favorite characters appear in Smash Bros. The way people act almost feels like they want their favorite character to be "validated" by Smash Bros and if they're not in it then it's a massive loss of some kind. I'll admit I'm a bit biased as I'm not a super huge fan of Smash Bros. I'll play it with friends if enough people want to play but it's not something I cream my pants over. In my eyes, at the end of the day Smash Bros is a fighting game first and a crossover second. You'll usually end up picking characters not based on which ones you personally love but based on how they play. Maybe Charizard is your favorite Pokemon but you absolutely hate the way he plays. Maybe you're a huge fan of Mega Man but he plays too stiff for your liking. That's always a possibility. People have wanted Ridley for years and maybe now that he's in he'll be a terrible character no one will end up playing.
This has always irked me about Smash and its fans as well. It's just that most people don't know enough about Smash, or that they don't even know what they want it to be. What was it that made them this spoiled about Smash anyway? The trophies or what?

Another different but related point is that it annoys me when people like a character solely because of their Smash Bros portrayal.
Examples?

Back