I went ahead and made another version. I left out Twisted since I couldn't find a good artwork of Wario from that game.
The newest one is by far the worst, I'm sorry to say.
WarioComparison2.png

Special rules then.
One "special rules" stage that I always really liked, and that I wonder why they never used again, was the Wario Watch.
View attachment 6426
I mean it's a simple change but very fun! :sgrin:
You play on a constant timer, the microgames don't end until you beat them, but you gain back some time after beating one. So the faster you are, the better.
And when you lose, you just don't gain any time back.
Of course, this means that only a specific type of microgame can work (ones that can potentially go on forever) but I bet there are a ton of microgames that could've worked in this mode, that they could use in WW Gold.
(If only the Boss of the stage wasn't so easy...)

I wish there were more "special rules" stages in general.
Ah yeah, forgot about that one, yah know the whole bringing back old games angle would be a good opportunity to also bring something like this back, I think it would fit anyways.

Ah yeah, forgot about that one, yah know the whole bringing back old games angle would be a good opportunity to also bring something like this back, I think it would fit anyways.
They could also add microgames from other games.
Like that one where you go through a maze. That would fit the premise of having to clear it quickly, but potentially going on forever.
Same with any of the button mashing microgames.
The one where you shine a light at ghosts, the one where you twirl up spaghetti, the Sheriff one, the Chiritorie one, the one where you throw energie balls at bowser, etc. etc.
There's a ton that would work really well.

You know what I'd love for this game?

9-Volt and 18-Volt each having their own stage, so we can have twice the number nintendo-themed games.

You know what I'd love for this game?

9-Volt and 18-Volt each having their own stage, so we can have twice the number nintendo-themed games.
Thta is something I have been thinking of, with what I said earlier, if there's enough Nintendo themed games in the collection then you could have 18-Volt host his own set, to get even more stages.

Thta is something I have been thinking of, with what I said earlier, if there's enough Nintendo themed games in the collection then you could have 18-Volt host his own set, to get even more stages.
Yeah, seeing how there are 300 games and Nintendo-themed ones are always the most popular, they could totally do it.
What a shame that the only 2 Wario-Land themed microgames will likely not return. One has the wiimote controls that couldn't easily be replicated with DS controls, and the other was on DIY showcase.
But maaaayyyyybeeee they could make a new one? ....PWEASE?
114_°_°.png

Im not goona talk a lot about redisigns (First time I saw them I thought they are the same as in G&W. Why? No idea.) and I kinda understand how can it harm the game. (Ahem, ahem, Crash Titans n Mutants, and G&W maybe, Ahem), But there's so much discussion just about how bad they are. Well they kinda look a bit off, but remember: Graphics are not that important comparing to Gameplay and Story.

(We know, Gameplay will never be disapointing, but Im still confused about how fast do I need to try all buttons, tilting, taking out stylus and touching the screen, as they said, that "You need to react fast on which type of controls each microgame uses" and Smooth Moves advice sistem, where they tell you how to use wii mote, doesnt seem to return.)

As much as you're joking there, you do have to admit that Mona as a pro wrestler would certainly be an interesting portrayal.

Back