Whats a popular and beloved game or franchise that you couldn't get into?

Both the DS & Wii are notorious for being very easy to hack into due to their lack of protection, making them extremely popular among Modders, hackers, Cheaters & Pirates.
Which is why when the 3DS & WII U came out, Nintendo massively went & improved on the security aspect, by having actual protection. with updates & bricking the system if you do hack it. that is also why
Mario Kart 7 & 8 doesn't have as many problems when it comes to online in general. Because of Nintendo's stronger grip in online. (Though this could change as the Wii U is ending production soon, & hackers had already found a way to hack both it & the 3DS.)
im considering jailbreaking my old 3ds when the updates cease, not necesarily to hack online games though. it opens up some possibities for the console. also, why cant custom themes be a standard feature, having to pay two dollars for a premade one or having to do digital surgery to make it possible is a slap in the face. but i digress.
edit: oh, and mod support would be nice, especially since microsoft did it with the Xbox one.

im considering jailbreaking my old 3ds when the updates cease, not necesarily to hack online games though. it opens up some possibities for the console. also, why cant custom themes be a standard feature, having to pay two dollars for a premade one or having to do digital surgery to make it possible is a slap in the face. but i digress.
edit: oh, and mod support would be nice, especially since microsoft did it with the Xbox one.
I plan on jailbreaking it too honestly. along with the Wii U once it's own updates are over as well (Gotta get me that Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii)

Last edited:
It would mean Nintendo wouldn't make money selling themes. Yeah, it kinda sucks and Nintendo won't change that since it likely makes them some extra cash. I'm happy enough with the default theme and the Mario one from MyNintendo though.

Anyway, Yui mentioned first-person shooters. I never really had an interest in them either except Star Wars simply because it's Star Wars. Killing people with Darth Vader was just too much fun. x)

The only first-person shooters I ever liked were earlier ones, and they didn't follow the traditional formula people know them for today. Stuff like Descent, Hexen, South Park, the Turok series etc. And of course there's good ol' GoldenEye on the 64. I don't own or play any modern/popular shooters.

I REALLY i could enjoy Dark Souls like others do. I like masochistic games like this but its just not rewarding enough for the shit i went through. I quited 37 hours through the first game.

I REALLY wish i could enjoy Dark Souls like others do. I like masochistic games like this but its just not rewarding enough for the shit i went through. I quited 37 hours through the first game.
i dont normally play rage games or games designed to be very difficult. i honestly still dont know why i like dark souls. i usually play everything on "normal", unless its an easy game to begin with.

i dont normally play rage games or games designed to be very difficult. i honestly still dont know why i like dark souls. i usually play everything on "normal", unless its an easy game to begin with.
I think its the way its designed, i will say dark souls is hard af but its FAIR. other such games such as i wanna be the guy are NOT.
There's tons of other things, i didn't enjoy dark souls too much but the reason i wanna like is because it is very intracitly designed and has little newonces (however that's spelled) that went into crafting it as oppose to i wanna be the guy is artificial difficulty. There's a difference between hard and hard to play.
But what do i know its your opinion.

Kingdom Hearts aaaaagghhh. It still baffles me such an idea happened to make the series such a hit, Donald-kun in FF related stuff, however Danny Devito is in it as the fawn dude from Hercules so it ain't too bad. Still could not even get into this series even with a lot of rpgs I've played.

i dont normally play rage games or games designed to be very difficult.

I never play them ever : p I dont see the enjoyment of playing a game you can never progress through no matter how hard you try. I think it ruins the entire fantasy of a game, I wanna get lost in a game, I dont want to be frustrated with it : p
I dont like games that have no challenge at all of course. Or actually, I can probly enjoy them if they give you a reason to : p I love Harvest Moon, and I wouldnt call that one a "difficult" game : p But I like games that give you a reason to keep playing, and having too high of a difficulty is not a reason for me to keep playing : p

Oh, and I guess Halo? Its like THE game that everyone would tell you to get for your Xbox, I currently have no plans on buying it, haha.

Splatoon.

It was a fun shooter for awhile, but I got board of it quickly.
Yeah I'm not into Splatoon either.
It's a fun game with a ton of charm,
But I'm just not really into shooters too much.
Not really sure what to think about regarding the sequel though as I never played it. But the first one I just couldn't get into for the life of me. Despite me really wanting to.

Maybe I'll give it another shot soon.

Last edited:
Back