When will the new ideal 2D Metroid come?

You think that given their prior experience with making Metroid and 2D platforming in DKC, Retro could try their hand at a 2D Metroid?

Also, what are the odds of Anthony Higgs being a potential P2? (Pffffft)

Probably low chance and specifically it doesn't have to be Retrostudios to do the job. Nintendo could probably get another developer as it happened with Other M with Team Ninja. We'll probably never get to see Anthony Higgs. Not like it matters since Anthony Higgs sucks, he's an annoying character and he does nothing. He's just there to be there basically. Doesn't add to the story and occasionally pops out here and there like the fight between Samus and Ridley. Would much rather he not come back at all.

That's all they can do with the Metroid series now. Team Ninja was the whole reason Other M happened at all. There hasn't been a new in-house Metroid game since 2004.

You're telling me Anthony was any worse than all the other extra useless nobodies in that group of his? At least he was up front among them.

(SPOILERS)

He was the only one of them who didn't die, so there's that to work with.

You're telling me Anthony was any worse than all the other extra useless nobodies in that group of his? At least he was up front among them.

A character like Anthony Higgs doesn't fit Metroid. Even if he was the only surviving Federation soldier it doesn't excuse that his personality was out of place. He was comical character of sorts, I can see where Team Ninja or well Sakomoto went with trying to make a friendly companion for Samus but it ended up with a very awkward and cliche character you see in settings like the Goonies. So yeah Anthony Higgs is as useless as the other extras.

Other M could have served as a basis for Adam considering how much she tells us about him in Fusion. It ended being this weird father to little girl relationship instead of one of growth and going on your own. If Federation characters if at all were to come back I'd suspect it'd have to be ones with personalities that do fit Metroid. At best if they were to be in a similar situation just like in the beginning of Echoes or corruption it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Knowing Nintendo its gonna be awhile since they stopped making em' then try to eradicate AM2R and then federation force failed. They likely don't realize what we really want and assume the series won't sell.

Nintendo fans played "Song of soaring"

Classic metroid downloads on E shop soar upwards

Nintendo uses "actually caring"

Nintendo uses "new trailer"

Nintendo fan use "spread positive rumours a theories"

Nintendo uses "Mediocore 2D platformer with metroid characters"

Nintendo fans use "rage quit"

Nintendo uses "Killing off metroid for approximately 15 years"

I gotta be honest, as a huge Metroid fan, I have mixed feelings with this game. Some of those changes are okay and stuff. The free aim stopping you in place is bleh, and the whole giant arm cannon doesn't make sense because where was that in the games after Metroid 2 in the timeline? Really, its gonna be hard for Nintendo to impress me especially after AM2R was such an awesome fan remake.

Back