[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

I agree with 607 here. Wario Land music is different.
And i personally would like unique music, not imported
Yeah, but if it would be possible, it would open up new possibilities. Because there is actually quite some documenting on editing Pokémon Red music. So if it would be possible we could edit Pokémon Red music and then import it into the WL 3 rom. But still, I doubt that's possible.

Yeah, but if it would be possible, it would open up new possibilities. Because there is actually quite some documenting on editing Pokémon Red music. So if it would be possible we could edit Pokémon Red music and then import it into the WL 3 rom. But still, I doubt that's possible.
That is what I was going for as well.

Reactions: 607
This game needs more swag:

Attachments

• Messin around 1_000.png
    Messin around 1_000.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 351
Uh... wait, so how do I apply the patch?

Also, yes, I've seen that the coin sprite is saved at multiple locations. We'll have to patch them all if we want the sprite to be consistent.

Oh. Allow me to explain...
You need this program:

Lunar IPS. Download it here

When you run the program, it will ask you to select the OLD, ONMODIFIED ROM, you must choose the origional, un-edited version of the rom (assuming that's what Drenn used to create the patch)
Then choose the IPS PATCH, and it will be applied to the rom
Okay, thanks! :D

But Drenn, couldn't you just replace the big 1,2,3 and 4? They aren't used for anything else, are they?

I think I overworked myself...

But the Treasure Map is done!

Exsept... It's just a draft... It took a lot of work, but I'll still have to do it all on PC...

Oh well, at least I have it mapped out...

I FINALLY REMEMBER what I wanted to ask Drenn:
Would it be possible to import music from Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow?
I guess so, since it's well documented, but still we need to document WL3's format first =P
Ow!!! NEW VERSION OF THE EDITOR! YAAAAAAAAAY! Uhhhh.... Fan mode disengaged?

Ok, so...
ShyGuyXXL: I can't wait to see your wonderful sprites, and I'll see if I can change the Spearheads in my 1-1 to Goomba's, because that seems fun.
Drenn: if you want, you can add my Object List to your editor download file, if anyone else wishes to play around with it.
I don't think it would make much sense to add it. If you click "Edit Objects", you can already see what objects are used. Besides, most objects are tied to enemy sets, not the object sets themselves. Enemy sets can be easily swapped between object sets, so a list like that would be inaccurate after a few changes...

Edit: Oh, you mean as a separate document, not built-in to the editor? I guess I could.
Okay, thanks! :D

But Drenn, couldn't you just replace the big 1,2,3 and 4? They aren't used for anything else, are they?
Nice to see it works :) The big 1-4 thingies are placeholders for the treasure sprites, so they're not really unused.

I wouldn't worry too much about the menus, there appears to be more unused space for our nefarious purposes. Is the sprite used anywhere other than the pause screen and the level finished screen?

Oh. Allow me to explain...
You need this program:

Lunar IPS. Download it here

When you run the program, it will ask you to select the OLD, ONMODIFIED ROM, you must choose the origional, un-edited version of the rom (assuming that's what Drenn used to create the patch)
Then choose the IPS PATCH, and it will be applied to the rom
In this case it doesn't have to be the unmodified rom. The reason I distributed it as an IPS was so that it can be applied to existing hacks. But I guess that would be more relevant when it's finished.

It's so nice to see we are making so much progress with the Spriting Part of the Hack. (Non-official-Training-Faze)
Still, not really tons of progress anywhere else, but I guess we'll just have to get the Stage Designs later on, huh? Because I love creating stages and overworld maps in, like, every game in existence. Back to playing the original and my drawing paper I guess.

It's so nice to see we are making so much progress with the Spriting Part of the Hack. (Non-official-Training-Faze)
Still, not really tons of progress anywhere else, but I guess we'll just have to get the Stage Designs later on, huh? Because I love creating stages and overworld maps in, like, every game in existence. Back to playing the original and my drawing paper I guess.

Stage Design will come later.

I have to do the Treasure Database and Treasure Map first, I know they will help us a lot :p

And I am making progress in it, which means we are making progress in R&A.

I still think we need to have a few people do some level analysis... i might get to it eventually...

Reactions: 356
Back