[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

Maybe I'll join you as well when I finish the game, when I start getting to getting all Music Coins.

J. J. W. Mezun has some nice level analisis at Wario Land Land, but i think it's not enought.

Speeking of WLL, the site has been very helpful for my R&A, but it has some mistakes!
Like, wrong treasure descriptions, or wrong treasure requiremnts...

And i wanna tell JJWMezun about them, but he abandoned the website...

I'll try my best to make sure my database is fully correct with no mistakes

Reactions: 607
I'm really happy I made the draft version of the Treasure Map on paper :)
It's helping me create the Treasure Database, and I don't have so switch back and forth between multiple websites (no Super Mario Wiki or Wario Land Land needed at the moment :p )

Using the map to will in Treasure Requiments... and i found a mistake... :(
And who knows how many more mistakes i could have made?
I might need to double check everything whenever i finish the database...

Yeah! :D
Requirements for every single treasure are now in the database! :D

Tomorrow, I'll start working on "Current Powerups", which will be easly, since this data can easily be gotten from my map draft.
After that, I'll have to work on "New Path To This Treasure", "Effect" and "Gives Acsess To".
The cutscenes will probably be the last thing I do.
So, no need to rush the process, 607 :p

I'd say the Database is around 60% complete :)

So yeah, anyone want to make a topic for this on ROM Hacking.net or whatever? I would, but I fear it'd come across as self promotion given how all the interesting stuff is in text form in this topic.

But hey, hopefully we can gain interest for this project all over the internet! And get some Wario fans who aren't members here to contribute (and join this site) in the process!

So yeah, anyone want to make a topic for this on ROM Hacking.net or whatever? I would, but I fear it'd come across as self promotion given how all the interesting stuff is in text form in this topic.

But hey, hopefully we can gain interest for this project all over the internet! And get some Wario fans who aren't members here to contribute (and join this site) in the process!

Nice idea :)
607, would you do it? :p

I think a bit of shameless advertisement would do no harm. I'm going to bump my editor's old thread, but maybe you could also make a thread in the general rom hacking section. It would be nice if we could find another person who speaks gameboy assembly. =P

Drenn? The patch messed something else up. When you charge up Wario's throw he has bits of coin flashing behind him instead of the usual flashy sprite. :/

Drenn? The patch messed something else up. When you charge up Wario's throw he has bits of coin flashing behind him instead of the usual flashy sprite. :/
Ahh. I was worried I might have forgotten about a use for that sprite... =/

Could you make do without the extra corner tiles for the most "rotated" animation? If so, then only the chest sprites will be overwritten, and we know that isn't used anywhere else...

If not, the last option I can think of would be to replace the treasure sprites. That'd need more ASM patching, but it's possible.

I guess you could change it from this:
coinchange1.png
to this
coinchange2.png

and rotate/mirror the rest.

Then it would look like this:
coinchange3.png

I guess it's not THAT bad...
depends on if we wanna keep the detail or not...

Hmm. Well I'd say it's okay, but since I have to redo this anyway I'll investigate replacing treasure sprites. We're absolutely positive that they don't appear anywhere until you touch a chest, right? ;)

As for the other 2 instances, I think I can fix them without any crazy ASM. At first I was worried about the results screen, since the tiles were kind of packed, but then I realized that the second half of vram was almost completely unused... =P

ShyGuyXXL, could you send me a rom or graphics dump with the new tiles? I think, on second thought, distributing these changes through IPS files might be a bad idea, so I'd like to try putting together a rom with those graphics.

Back