[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

I guess all that's really new is the coin.
I put a bitmap of it in my Google drive folder.

Edit: Also, I got a another suggestion for an addition to the rom:
Can you make it that when editing levels the arrow keys and/or w,a,s,d keys move the white selection square thingy on the subtile screen?

Worth It.
bgb (paused)_004.png bgb (paused)_005.png

Fixed the problem with throwing as well. The new tiles go on top of the treasure tiles now.

Also, it ended up being necessary to load another set of tiles when entering the pause menu. More ASM!

I put the new graphics in using that "Misc Graphics" feature I was talking about. Necessary because the graphics for the status screen were compressed. It'll be in the next release.

I put the rom in the "Showoff roms" part of the folder. :)

I guess all that's really new is the coin.
I put a bitmap of it in my Google drive folder.

Edit: Also, I got a another suggestion for an addition to the rom:
Can you make it that when editing levels the arrow keys and/or w,a,s,d keys move the white selection square thingy on the subtile screen?
Probably, if I can figure out how focus works. Otherwise the widgets on the left eat arrow key inputs... =P

Reactions: 607
Still waiting for them to accept the submission. At this rate .4.2 will be ready by the time they've approved .4.1. :p

What about the forum thread?
Can't update until the new version is accepted?
And should we all download the WL3 Coin hack, and only edit that from now on?

Also, 607, did you change the access to WarioLand3Graphics.txt ? I'm pretty sure it used to be "anyone with access can view", and now it's "anyone with access can edit"
Well, to be fair, i should have done that myself :p

I also see that the hack folder is more organized now :)

What about the forum thread?
Can't update until the new version is accepted?

Also, 607, did you change the access to WarioLand3Graphics.txt ? I'm pretty sure it used to be "anyone with access can view", and now it's "anyone with access can edit"
Well, to be fair, i should have done that myself :p

I also see that the hack folder is more organized now :)

Drenn, should we all download the WL3 Coin hack, and only edit that from now on?
That might be more convenient for you. It's not a problem though, I can make a way to apply this hack to just about any rom. You'll apply an IPS file containing my changes to assembly code and animation data, and then import the new graphics through the misc. graphics dialog.

I don't want to make it one big ips file, because changes made through the editor don't make for very "portable" IPS patches. They'd work on a clean rom, but beyond that you'd be pushing your luck. So I'll only turn my changes from outside the editor into patches.

As for the RHDN thread, I was going to wait until I could link to the new version on their site, but it doesn't matter much I guess =P

The drive folder has always been anyone with access can edit.

Also, I'm not sure if I would be able make a good topic about this on romhacking.. I can try though, with your help :)
What should I put in?
It is indeed a good idea, because we can hopefully find more people interested.

Yeah, the topic is quite good. There are some mistakes in it though, that need to be fixed in order to make it look more professional:
"We are currently in the tryout fazes, we are just trying to get used to the editor."
That should be phases, right? Also, I think it's supposed to be try-out, not just tryout as one word.
"But of course, programming comes later. Before we can put things into the hack, we need to design them"
The period is missing.
"Puzzles where you need to jump on multiple enemies to climb up are a bit overused in the game, espacialy in Cave Of Flames. So have less of those."
That should be especially.

Apart from that, I like it :) Shouldn't we spice it up with some images from things we've already tried out though? For example, the happy bear, the 1-1 level... Just to make the topic somewhat more attracting to look at.

Yeah, the topic is quite good. There are some mistakes in it though, that need to be fixed in order to make it look more professional:
"We are currently in the tryout fazes, we are just trying to get used to the editor."
That should be phases, right? Also, I think it's supposed to be try-out, not just tryout as one word.
"But of course, programming comes later. Before we can put things into the hack, we need to design them"
The period is missing.
"Puzzles where you need to jump on multiple enemies to climb up are a bit overused in the game, espacialy in Cave Of Flames. So have less of those."
That should be especially.

Apart from that, I like it :) Shouldn't we spice it up with some images from things we've already tried out though? For example, the happy bear, the 1-1 level... Just to make the topic somewhat more attracting to look at.
I'll edit some stuff, what you pointed out was, with the exception of the first one, directly copied from WarioLGP's first post.

EDIT: I don't see an option for adding Images directly from my pc...

Last edited:
You should probably add some images and videos that we made to the RHDN thread. We have a lot here, pick your favorites and add some there :)
Like I said, I don't see an option for adding images, but I'll look into it some more, I'll see it's super easy afterwards.

EDIT: Found it!

Reactions: 607
Back