[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

I honestly never knew the days of the week had anything to do with religion...

Other than Sunday. Here in Russia, Sunday is called "Rebirth Day"

---

I guess I should've seen that one coming, there are a lot of "ideas" people throw around there that never come to fruition. Might have been better if we'd waited to have more to show off. Ah well.
Yeah, I was planning on that, but 356 already made it :p Oh well, no problem, it'll all work out in the end I think. As long as we don't bump it too much when we don't even have made progress.

I thought it was a good idea to get people interested, and perhaps join us... But now... What if every single person is going to agree with them? What if nobody supports us?

I thought it was a good idea to get people interested, and perhaps join us... But now... What if every single person is going to agree with them? What if nobody supports us?

Don't let it get you down! We have at least 1 Person for every job, plus we have Drenn on the team! If nobody supports us, we can work on it with just our current team! is that not what we have been doing this entire time?

Yes, but you're doing it the wrong way. Remember how I messaged Drenn? I thanked him for the editor and told him that without it we would've been nowhere. I didn't say anything about him joining us, or him continuing working on the editor. Yet he did join us and he did continue working on the editor. That was in fact my intention, but it was not how I messaged him, because people don't like when it seems like your only intention is getting more people helping with your project.
So, the title should change. It should be just like we want to tell the people about what we're doing here. Some of them might actually be interested! But with that title, you show wrong intentions, it just works differently in the brains of our readers.

Yes, but you're doing it the wrong way. Remember how I messaged Drenn? I thanked him for the editor and told him that without it we would've been nowhere. I didn't say anything about him joining us, or him continuing working on the editor. Yet he did join us and he did continue working on the editor. That was in fact my intention, but it was not how I messaged him, because people don't like when it seems like your only intention is getting more people helping with your project.
So, the title should change. It should be just like we want to tell the people about what we're doing here. Some of them might actually be interested! But with that title, you show wrong intentions, it just works differently in the brains of our readers.
I... changed it like 10 minutes ago...

Reactions: 607
Drenn, i just tryed out your WarioCoin rom, and i like the result :)

Haiko, how about we just remove the asking people for help from the thread enrierly? Or...

I think we should just start making a first full level so we can show something off.
I think that would be rushing the process thought... I don't want us to work just for show off...

There's no rush. When progress is made we can show it off. Doesn't really matter even if we made a bad first impression, people will take it seriously when things really get going.

Drenn, i just tryed out your WarioCoin rom, and i like the result :)

Haiko, how about we just remove the asking people for help from the thread enrierly? Or...

I think that would be rushing the process thought... I don't want us to work just for show off...

1. Yes, I'll remove that.

2. If we had a Level importer later, we could import that level, right?

We could at least make like a "demo" level or something.
I'm playing around with the big bridge a lot right now. There is a lot of unused space in that level.
I think I'll just start putting something together. Whether we use it or not we can decide later.

Hey, Drenn! What determines in which sector Wario spawns at the beginning od the level?

I'm playing around with the big bridge a lot right now. There is a lot of unused space in that level.
I think I'll just start putting something together. Whether we use it or not we can decide later.

Hey, Drenn! What determines in which sector Wario spawns at the beginning od the level?
Doesn't anyone read the readme? :rolleyes: The top-left sector's destination is wario's spawn point.

1. Yes, I'll remove that.

2. If we had a Level importer later, we could import that level, right?
Yeah, in theory, but a level importer/exporter would be a pretty complex thing. Though I do intend to try making one.

When Drenn released the first version of the editor, he got praise and support instantly... and we didn't...
But oh well... Let's just do what we can do, and hopefully have something more impresive eventually :)

Now this i like :)
But I should finish my Treasure Database first, so we know exactly how treasure pathways are unlocked, and what power-ups does Wario have when the treasure path is unlocked :p

Doesn't anyone read the readme? :rolleyes: The top-left sector's destination is wario's spawn point.

Yeah, in theory, but a level importer/exporter would be a pretty complex thing. Though I do intend to try making one.

1. I read the Readme...

2. Thanks! Even if it doesn't work out, it's great to know someone put an effort to something.

Drenn, don't you know reading readmes ruins the fun? ;)
Finding out how the editor works in itself was already a really fun part of this project for me!

About the editor, I've had loads of fun today making a super hard segment with a combination of a robo mouse and a hammer-bot. After like 20 tries I successfully did it though, so I think I'm keeping it in :p (I'm making a junk hack, just to practice some more.)

Drenn, don't you know reading readmes ruins the fun? ;)
Finding out how the editor works in itself was already a really fun part of this project for me!

About the editor, I've had loads of fun today making a super hard segment with a combination of a robo mouse and a hammer-bot. After like 20 tries I successfully did it though, so I think I'm keeping it in :p (I'm making a junk hack, just to practice some more.)

So... You're implying I didn't have optimalistic fun with the editor?

Man, my folder with Wario Land 3 editor is so cluttered with all the ROMS now... Maby i should organize it better :p
And i forgot to download the new version of the editor :p

Unfortunatly, I wasn't able to work on R&A today... Hopefully that changes tomorrow :p

I wanna see! :D
Could you record a video of it? :)

Reactions: 356
I wanna see! :D
Could you record a video of it? :)
Oh, it's very simple :p
I might do that, but I don't want to make too many videos, because I don't want to spoil everything for people that want to play it when I upload it to the drive folder.
For some more information on what I'm doing here:
I'm making a minor edit. The levels layout mostly stay the same, I'm just mixing things up here and there.
This will probably be best to play if you've played the original, because you know what you're supposed to do, but then it turns out it doesn't work in many cases, just because I've changed many things. Also, the title is "Super Wario Glitch Abuse" because I'm purposefully using things that aren't supposed to be used in the way I'm using them ;)
I'll maybe make a video on the beginning of A Peaceful Village day version, night version will stay a secret though :)

Oh, it's very simple :p
I might do that, but I don't want to make too many videos, because I don't want to spoil everything for people that want to play it when I upload it to the drive folder.
For some more information on what I'm doing here:
I'm making a minor edit. The levels layout mostly stay the same, I'm just mixing things up here and there.
This will probably be best to play if you've played the original, because you know what you're supposed to do, but then it turns out it doesn't work in many cases, just because I've changed many things. Also, the title is "Super Wario Glitch Abuse" because I'm purposefully using things that aren't supposed to be used in the way I'm using them ;)
I'll maybe make a video on the beginning of A Peaceful Village day version, night version will stay a secret though :)
Can't wait :)

About level design: Was it decided that we're not going to screw around with the overworld too much? While maybe I could find a way to change around overworld events, I imagine an even greater challenge would be maintaining the flow through the game...

So if we're not doing that, then new levels will pretty much have to be designed around their cutscene events, correct?

Can't wait :)

About level design: Was it decided that we're not going to screw around with the overworld too much? While maybe I could find a way to change around overworld events, I imagine an even greater challenge would be maintaining the flow through the game...

So if we're not doing that, then new levels will pretty much have to be designed around their cutscene events, correct?
Yeah, pretty much. I wasn't really too happy with that idea, but wariolandgoldpiramid pointed out that it would be very difficult to actually change the overworld map.
And really, the level designs itself are already incredibly genius, but the world map... I'm sure I could not make such a thing, having things happen in this level, doing this on the map opening that in another level.. It's so incredibly clever, but for me it would be too clever to be capable of making a good alternative.

Back