[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

I have a testweek this week and next week, so I won't be able to be online much during the day. I'll most likely still be available in the evening though.
Edit: Wow, I never knew that short cut!
And I actually don't really like the coloured wario sprites.

I have a testweek this week and next week, so I won't be able to be online much during the day. I'll most likely still be available in the evening though.
Edit: Wow, I never knew that short cut!
And I actually don't really like the coloured wario sprites.

My vacation is actually this week :)

Speaking of custom sprites, I would like donut guys to throw Chocolate Cupcakes :)
I... Actually just came to the sad realization that... Well.. We actually only have 3 colors per sprite... The fourth one is always invisible, for like squares around the sprites. I'm not sure if it is for every sprite, but I know it's true for Spearheads.

Reactions: 607
Man, I love this screen...

Attachments

• 2014-10-20 13.47.03.jpg
    2014-10-20 13.47.03.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 259
I... Actually just came to the sad realization that... Well.. We actually only have 3 colors per sprite... The fourth one is always invisible, for like squares around the sprites. I'm not sure if it is for every sprite, but I know it's true for Spearheads.

Wait... I knew about this... I forgot, but I knew about this...

Yes, of course, three colours per object, four colours per tile.
Unless you want to put something in the foreground like the grass decorations in Out of the Woods. For those things the first color (the white part in that case) stays in the background. That's why things like this happen:
WL3 warioforegroundsprite.PNG

The light green and dark green are colors 2 and 3 (color 4 is black but it's not used here) so color 1 is the normal green and that's why it's only in the background when Wario walks behind it.

Not much we can do about the 3 colors per sprite thing. At best we could color the individual sprites which make up wario differently. But I'm pretty sure all the sprites palettes are used up already.

Besides, changing the wario sprite would be blasphemy ;)

But we can still re-design the enemies with just 3 colors, right?
For example, I would like the cooks to throw chocolate chip cupcakes. Brown and Black should be enough to design the cupcakes :p
As you know, each enemy set has four palettes. Usually, each enemy just uses one palette assigned to it.

But some enemies do things differently. Doughnuteers, for instance, will color their donuts using the same palette as the music coins. To turn it into a cake, you'd have to either put the colors into the doughnuteer's palette (and probably change his look too), or steal another object slot's palette to use for the cupcake.

Of course, the editor doesn't yet offer the ability to change which palettes are used by the enemy's animations, but that's certainly doable.

Drenn, I think I'll go through the threat and create a list of things you've been asked for editor, if you want? As in things to add to it.

Drenn, I think I'll go through the threat and create a list of things you've been asked for editor, if you want? As in things to add to it.
I guess that'd be helpful. I did make a TODO file but I haven't put all the requests I've gotten into it. =P

Wariolandgoldpiramid, I think I can tell you what I've been wanting to do: I want to create tinyurls via an easy-executable method, so you can just write down somewhere how to format the tinyurls, and there's no need for the pasting of all the links or anything :)
If you don't get it, I want it to be something like this:
www.tinyurl.com/WL3FantasticFlute
www.tinyurl.com/WL3TheCogWheelAB
Thoughts?
Edit: I hope nobody finds this and decides to troll us by registering the tinyurls before we get to it...

Well, did you try running it? This only applies to the grasslands. It really did get screwed up... =P
I'll check it out tomorrow. Dirst the request list. You can remove what is not possible, too hard or done yourself, alright? I'll start up my pc.

EDIT: stupid phone typos...

Back