[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

Wariolandgoldpiramid, I think I can tell you what I've been wanting to do: I want to create tinyurls via an easy-executable method, so you can just write down somewhere how to format the tinyurls, and there's no need for the pasting of all the links or anything :)
If you don't get it, I want it to be something like this:
www.tinyurl.com/WL3FantasticFlute
www.tinyurl.com/WL3TheCogWheelAB
Thoughts?
Edit: I hope nobody finds this and decides to troll us by registering the tinyurls before we get to it...

Wait, i have a better idea!
Instead of making the videos unlisted, make them private, and acsessable to me.
Then I'll easily see them in your uploads.
And once I put all the links in the database, you can make them unlisted again.

Youtube gives you the option to change videos acsess to muliple videos at once.
Just go to Creator Studio -> Video Manager, check all the videos that need acsess change, and change them to Private, with giving me acsess.
Later, you'll be able toe easily do the same to change them back to unlisted

I'm confused... According to this treasure map... There might be more mistakes here... According to this map, Wario already has acsess to all 4 treasures in the Pool Of Rain, before he can swim against currents... Yet swimming against currents is required to get 1 of the music coins...

Eather this is bad game design, or I messed up the map somewhere... This shouldn't happen...

Nope!
It's no mistake. I checked it.
In The Pool Of Rain, when Wario is getting the Gray and Red treasures, he has Ground Pound.
When he is getting the Green Chest, he has Ground Pound and Swimming
When he unlocks thhe Blue Chest area, he has Ground Pound, Swim, Head Smash, Pick Up Small Enemies and Super Charge.
He really doesn't have acsess to Swimming Against Currents, yet one of the Music Coins requires him to do so, and the only way to get that coin is to come back later...

I dont like this. It seems like bad game design. I want Wario to be able to get all the coins as soon as all 4 treasures paths are open.

Drenn, I added the list to the folder. Keep in mind if there are anythings in there that are already fixed, it's probably because I was very ill last week and did not fully keep up with the Threat. It's in my Folder, of course.

Nope!
It's no mistake. I checked it.
In The Pool Of Rain, when Wario is getting the Gray and Red treasures, he has Ground Pound.
When he is getting the Green Chest, he has Ground Pound and Swimming
When he unlocks thhe Blue Chest area, he has Ground Pound, Swim, Head Smash, Pick Up Small Enemies and Super Charge.
He really doesn't have acsess to Swimming Against Currents, yet one of the Music Coins requires him to do so, and the only way to get that coin is to come back later...

I dont like this. It seems like bad game design. I want Wario to be able to get all the coins as soon as all 4 treasures paths are open.
I've seen more occasions of this: the game tells you you can get a new treasure somewhere, you go there, and you need another Power-up you can't possibly have yet to get the treasure.

Reactions: 607
I've seen more occasions of this: the game tells you you can get a new treasure somewhere, you go there, and you need another Power-up you can't possibly have yet to get the treasure.

I think there are only 2 examples of this:
  1. When you get the Flute from the Stagnant Swamp, you are sent to the Volcano's Base, because Fire Snakes have appeared in the pots. However, the Fire Snake is in the Red Chest area. So, if you didn't get the Minecart Wheels from The Grasslands, you will not be able to reach this treasure
  2. When you get the 2 Sun Pieces, and bring daytime into the East Side of the Music Box, the game tells you to go to Castle Of Illisions, but you can't get any new chests there until you learn how to pick up big enemies. The owls, that are shown in the cutscene, are actually in the Blue Chest area, which you don't get acsess to until you find the Brick, which is after you learn how to High Jump, and therefor can grab on the owls even at Night
I don't think there are any more places where a cutscene would lie...
Can you give any more examples? You might have missed an alternate path

Wait, i have a better idea!
Instead of making the videos unlisted, make them private, and acsessable to me.
Then I'll easily see them in your uploads.
And once I put all the links in the database, you can make them unlisted again.

Youtube gives you the option to change videos acsess to muliple videos at once.
Just go to Creator Studio -> Video Manager, check all the videos that need acsess change, and change them to Private, with giving me acsess.
Later, you'll be able toe easily do the same to change them back to unlisted
Why would that be a better idea? :confused:
Nope!

Sorry, but I do actually like this. I want Wario to be able to do something new in an old level as soon as all power ups are achieved.

Also, I completely forgot about the colours for a moment >.< I had made a whole portion of a level in A Peacefull Village, but accidentally changed the chest and key to red ones.. That won't really work will it? I'll need to make a different place for the actual grey chest and key now, and make sure the red chest is not available prematurely because of this :p
Wariolandgoldpiramid, could you help me? What power-ups do you have when you ought to open the Red Chest in A Peacefull Village?

Drenn, I added the list to the folder. Keep in mind if there are anythings in there that are already fixed, it's probably because I was very ill last week and did not fully keep up with the Threat. It's in my Folder, of course.

You made a typo! :p
In the text editor, red line after 64 lines. Not 4 lines :p

I don't think there are any more places where a cutscene would lie...
Can you give any more examples? You might have missed an alternate path

IF memory serves me right, I'm pretty sure that when you get the cutscene with the owls awakening or something (You should know what I mean) the game tells you to go to the Colossal hole, only for you to find out that it can't be Daytime there yet.

IF memory serves me right, I'm pretty sure that when you get the cutscene with the owls awakening or something (You should know what I mean) the game tells you to go to the Colossal hole, only for you to find out that it can't be Daytime there yet.
Yeah, it could actually be true that you can't get to the owl yet. I don't really remember why though. Not sure.

You get that cutscene when you end the Eternal Night curse, and it becomes Day in the East Side :p

Why would that be a better idea? :confused:
Because i think it would be quick as easy...

Sorry, but I do actually like this. I want Wario to be able to do something new in an old level as soon as all power ups are achieved.

Well, as long as we make it consistant, I guess we could make it so you can always get the coins after getting all the power-ups.
You might be right. Maybe, adding a 5th visit to the level that way will bring more to the world...

Wariolandgoldpiramid, could you help me? What power-ups do you have when you ought to open the Red Chest in A Peacefull Village?

Gray - no powerups
Red, Green - Ground Pound, Swim
Blue - Super Ground Pound, Swim, Head Smash, Pickup Small Enemies, Super Charge

Listening to the Golf Mini-Game Intro Room Music, I really wished there was an option for having different songs in each room... I would love an Easter Egg room to have this music...

Back