[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

As far as the flow of the game, do you mean the treasure order?
Because i have reseached it...

I still think we shouldn't edit the world map...
Yes, treasure order. Changing it could destabilize the progression through the game, so yeah, maybe we should leave it be. At the very least, though, it's worth considering changing the cutscenes if we want to do something different with the levels. Especially ones that make specific changes to specific levels. But to do that, someone (probably me) would have to reverse the cutscene formats. It might be more trouble than it's worth. =P

Reactions: 607
Yes, treasure order. Changing it could destabilize the progression through the game, so yeah, maybe we should leave it be. At the very least, though, it's worth considering changing the cutscenes if we want to do something different with the levels. Especially ones that make specific changes to specific levels. But to do that, someone (probably me) would have to reverse the cutscene formats. It might be more trouble than it's worth. =P

Drenn, there is 1 cutscene i would like us to change.
Whenever you get the 2 pieces of the sun, and bring daytime to the east side of the music box, the game tells you to go to Castle Of Illutions.

I looked into it. Every Castle Of Illutions treasure will unlock some treasures, so there is useless chest we can move here. Giving player access to any chest at that moment would break the flow.

If you could do just a little ASM, so the cutscene doesn't say "Castle Of Ilusions", that would be nice

PSA: I'm 99% sure that if you attempt to merge regions between day and night versions of the grasslands, something will get screwed up horribly.

Drenn, there is 1 cutscene i would like us to change.
Whenever you get the 2 pieces of the sun, and bring daytime to the east side of the music box, the game tells you to go to Castle Of Illutions.

I looked into it. Every Castle Of Illutions treasure will unlock some treasures, so there is useless chest we can move here. Giving player access to any chest at that moment would break the flow.

If you could do just a little ASM, so the cutscene doesn't say "Castle Of Ilusions", that would be nice
I don't really understand what you want to change, or why? I thought the plan was to mostly keep the same ordering as the original game, so why do you want to change this?

Is it weird that i was humming Wario Land 3 music in the shower?

I don't really understand what you want to change, or why? I thought the plan was to mostly keep the same ordering as the original game, so why do you want to change this?

Because the game makes a mistake. It tells you to go to Castle Of Illusions, but it's a lie. And this used to confuse me so much!
All i want is to remove the "go to Castle" from that cutscene.

CM30, thank you for your words at RHDN! We really apreciate your support :)

PSA: I'm 99% sure that if you attempt to merge regions between day and night versions of the grasslands, something will get screwed up horribly.

If you call making the Nigttime stages Daytime or vice versa screwed up, yeah, it. Otherwise, nothing happens.

Is it weird that i was humming Wario Land 3 music in the shower?

Because the game makes a mistake. It tells you to go to Castle Of Illusions, but it's a lie. And this used to confuse me so much!
All i want is to remove the "go to Castle" from that cutscene.

CM30, thank you for your words at RHDN! We really apreciate your support :)

Someone is offering you a way to change cutscenes! This would allow us to make a piramid or something, or a Gold Mine, c'mon!

EDIT:
I love how clever this was designed: if were not to have High Jump, I would be stuck here, but in trade, the only way to get flat in this stage you would need the Super Wario Shoulder Rush, which you obtain AFTER the High Jump... I love it so much.

Attachments

• 2014-10-20 07.18.50.jpg
    2014-10-20 07.18.50.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Why am I marking Curren Powerups in my Treasure Database? 2 main reasons

1. Wario needs to be able to get the treasure as soon as the treasure path is unlocked, therefor the paths can only use the Powerups that Wario has at that moment
  2. As for Music Coins (Wario Coins), Wario must be able to collect all 8 of them when he is collecting the last treasure in the level. New power-ups may be used for them in old areas, but a powerup that Wario doesn't have at the time all 4 treasure paths are unlocked may not be used, even for a coin.
Haiko, you just found another reason why it's so importhant :)

Why am I marking Curren Powerups in my Treasure Database? 2 main reasons

1. Wario needs to be able to get the treasure as soon as the treasure path is unlocked, therefor the paths can only use the Powerups that Wario has at that moment
  2. As for Music Coins (Wario Coins), Wario must be able to collect all 8 of them when he is collecting the last treasure in the level. New power-ups may be used for them in old areas, but a powerup that Wario doesn't have at the time all 4 treasure paths are unlocked may not be used, even for a coin.
Haiko, you just found another reason why it's so importhant :)
Thanks! The more I play tgis game, tge more I feel like it was very hard to produce...
EDIT: I FINALLY DID IT, I BEAT THE GAME! And man, the credits theme is definetly one of my favorite video game songs.

Last edited:
Can somebody remind me why this block is breakable?

EDIT: Also, are we going to leave Wario white? i personally think we should change his overalls to Yellow, to attract to newer Wariovfans and stuff, you know?

Attachments

• 2014-10-20 09.48.46.jpg
    2014-10-20 09.48.46.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Custom Wario Sprite:
Also, very few people know about this secret. Nearly every Time Atack video does not use it
0:15

I'm afraid we can't use that Wario Sprite: we can only use 4 colors...
I understand why his overalls are white now: his eyes. They where restricted to 4 colors, so thety made his overalls white to be able to keep his eyes white.

Drenn, would it be possible to make it so wario can have 4 more colors?

Last edited:
Back