[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

I wanted to try editing some enemy sprites so I tried it with the spearhead. All I did was make their pupils a bit bigger and then this pops up when I try to save.

error.png

Like I said, I only changed some pixels, nothing else.
I have no idea how to fix this....

I wanted to try editing some enemy sprites so I tried it with the spearhead. All I did was make their pupils a bit bigger and then this pops up when I try to save.

View attachment 77

Like I said, I only changed some pixels, nothing else.
I have no idea how to fix this....
Yeah, that has happened to me too. I really don't know... Some things work, some things don't. Because as you know, we've also succesfully edited (enemy) sprites.
I send you rom, good luck!
Which one do you want me to send? The one where I'm confused about? From the latest video?
Wow!
96 replyes in just 3 days?
And this topic now has more replies than anything else on this forum!
This suprices and amazes me!
I expected it, actually, because it's a topic with a lot to talk about.

I expected it, actually, because it's a topic with a lot to talk about.

Well, i kind of didn't expect it. I guess i didn't expect such interest and feedback from people.

I just did a google search "Wario Land 3 Hack". This topic in our forum came as the 6th search result

I think we need to make a nice image about this hack, so we can link it in our signatures

Reactions: 607
Well, i kind of didn't expect it. I guess i didn't expect such interest and feedback from people.

I just did a google search "Wario Land 3 Hack". This topic in our forum came as the 6th search result

I think we need to make a nice image about this hack, so we can link it in our signatures
Yeah, but then we would need to make the image of a level that's not actually featured in the actual hack, because we don't have levels for the actual hack yet. I think me or 356 might be able to make a cool screenshot functioning as a background for an image with text with the link.

Yeah, but then we would need to make the image of a level that's not actually featured in the actual hack, because we don't have levels for the actual hack yet. I think me or 356 might be able to make a cool screenshot functioning as a background for an image with text with the link.

Does this forum allow to turn an image into a link?

We dont have to nessesarly create a sample level, there are other ways to create an image...

Question: Can we really not change the maps?
It would be kinda dumb if the map looks exactly the same but the levels are completely different.

Question: Can we really not change the maps?

I'll say it again:
The maps are used in treasure cutscenes. If we change the maps, we'll have to edit the treasure cutscenes as well. I think that's too complicated.

It would be kinda dumb if the map looks exactly the same but the levels are completely different.

Well, i actually have an idea that might help this: by editing the text (dialog), we can make a somewhat custom story. And the custom story I have in mind can kind of explain it.

I'll show you what i mean when i have time to work on it

But wait, let's say we take the tower of revival and just change the look of it. It could still raise from the ground, it would just look different.

But wait, let's say we take the tower of revival and just change the look of it. It could still raise from the ground, it would just look different.

It might be possible, i guess.
I assume it's a sprite that is set to rise when the game tells it to. So we might try to edit it. As long as it looks fine.

But it would require some other tool, not the WL3 editor.
A tool like YY-CHR, for example.
Using it is hard thought

We might be able to change a few things on the map (like the look of the village, town, sea turtle rocks.
We might even be able to completly change the look and inside-level theme of Bank Of The Wild River, A Tidle Coast. Or other levels that dont have an animation on the map. As long as the levels have the same methods of unlocking paths as the origional (such as swimming against currents in the River, and climbing a net in the Coast)

Reactions: 607
Hm, there's a chance it won't be possible to use more songs than are used in the original game. /

You mentioned that before, however, curtain games, such as Super Mario 64, don't use the full size of a N64 cartridge. In order to make SM64 hacks bigger than the original, I had to expand the rom from 4 MBs to 8MBs. If expanding a Wario Land 3 Rom would be possible, we could add a lot more to the game.

EVERYONE REJOICE!

I have started making a .txt file which is a list of all Object Sets.
I have currently done 1 through 1F, and there are 91, so wish me luck.
I started doing this as I am of the opinion we need a set of materials all Level Designers need, and having the ability to quickly search for everything would be very nice.

EDIT: If anyone wants to help, you can do 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E, 8F, 90, 91.

Last edited:
EVERYONE REJOICE!

I have started making a .txt file which is a list of all Object Sets.
I have currently done 1 through 1F, and there are 91, so wish me luck.
I started doing this as I am of the opinion we need a set of materials all Level Designers need, and having the ability to quickly search for everything would be very nice.

EDIT: If anyone wants to help, you can do 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E, 8F, 90, 91.
I was planning to work on something else, but sure. I'll help

Back