[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

I am suffering from a major lack of inspiration. Hopefully it comes back when we officially start development :/

Not required. But if there's a way to make someone dizzy right as he comes into the room, you could force them to do the puzzle dizzy. And if they fall, they fall in water and get normal again. That's my idea, at least.
That's pretty much exactly how I made my design just now (except with spikes instead of water).
But as I tried out my design I realized that you have a lot less control over dizzy Wario than you had over drunk Wario in the previous game. You can't change direction by jumping like in WL2 so the platforming section would have to be very straight forward.
This is how it looks now. (the 5s are the birds and the blocks made of twos are the spikes)
dizzy jump.png

It's not much of a challenge. It's just about how quickly you can tap A when landing on a platform.
You can't turn around unless you bump into a wall or walk for a bit.
It worked better in my head. :p
Anyone got any better ideas?

That's pretty much exactly how I made my design just now (except with spikes instead of water).
But as I tried out my design I realized that you have a lot less control over dizzy Wario than you had over drunk Wario in the previous game. You can't change direction by jumping like in WL2 so the platforming section would have to be very straight forward.
This is how it looks now. (the 5s are the birds and the blocks made of twos are the spikes)
View attachment 138
It's not much of a challenge. It's just about how quickly you can tap A when landing on a platform.
You can't turn around unless you bump into a wall or walk for a bit.
It worked better in my head. :p
Anyone got any better ideas?
Yeah, that's actually not that great, especially given how much space it takes :p
I'm happy that you're at least trying things though! Level design is very hard, I'll need to learn a lot.

This is much better, I think. Here you have to find the right moment to jump, you can't just jump willy-nilly. It might look easy but one jump too early or too late and you soar off. Also it only takes 2 areas.
dizzy jump 2.png

I'm so sorry for not giving it much sooner, it's just I have no time and it's very stressful for me for studying and doing R&A at the same time.

There is it. (It's a example of which I'll do, with my analysis, ennemies, boss, chests & treasures.)

N1 Out of the Woods.pdf
Just tell me if it's like that or not and I'll change.
I'm not very good at R&A, but you guys can be critical at it, I don't mind at all.

Attachments

• N1 Out of the Woods.pdf
    362.3 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
Reactions: 607
This is much better, I think. Here you have to find the right moment to jump, you can't just jump willy-nilly. It might look easy but one jump too early or too late and you soar off. Also it only takes 2 areas.
View attachment 139

Wow :)
I like this :)
You actually managed to turn this negative form into a neat puzzle. :)
I'd like to playtest it thought, to see what it's like.
Also, ShyGuy, would you be interested in doing more Gameplay Design, and Programming? Because you are good :)

I'm so sorry for not giving it much sooner, it's just I have no time and it's very stressful for me for studying and doing R&A at the same time.

There is it. (It's a example of which I'll do, with my analysis, ennemies, boss, chests & treasures.)

N1 Out of the Woods.pdf
I'm not very good at R&A, but you guys can be critical at it, I don't mind at all.

I like this, but i feel like it could use some more details.
And dont worry about being busy. We'll all be there at some point.
I also have R&A to do. I have 2 big R&As planned, and they will be very helpful for development.
However, i've been very busy with uni and homework, so didn't have time to start yet.

But it's ok :)
There is absolutly no need or reason reason to rush the development process.
So there's no need to rush yourselves, or to try and be more productive than you all can. Everyone, just work in your spare time, only if you want to, and have fun with it :)

Wow :)
I like this :)
You actually managed to turn this negative form into a neat puzzle. :)
I'd like to playtest it thought, to see what it's like.
Also, ShyGuy, would you be interested in doing more Gameplay Design, and Programming? Because you are good :)
Sure. ^^ Until we've figured out how to change most of the sprites that aren't level tiles or enemies (or what we wanna change them into) I won't have much work anyway.

This thread is getting kinda long... I wish we had a better place to collect ideas, pictures and important things we've talked about.
Some place we can easily look stuff up...

Sure. ^^ Until we've figured out how to change most of the sprites that aren't level tiles or enemies (or what we wanna change them into) I won't have much work anyway.

This thread is getting kinda long... I wish we had a better place to collect ideas, pictures and important things we've talked about.
Some place we can easily look stuff up...
We could make a folder in the Drive. It's fairly easy to access, you can upload the pictures in it, and create documents for the ideas and important things.

View attachment 139

Oh, and ShyGuy, those holes in the side of the tree are for the birds to fly in.
Since we wouldn't have any more brds other than at the start of the room, you should "plug in" those holes :p

Can you please upload this level so we can test it?

N1 Out of the Woods.pdf

Did anyone else look at nayrran's document? What are your opynions?

I think I'll do documentation untill my inspiration is back. I'll go through a of the threat, and create nice documents of all ideas so far.

Back