Do you have any pet peeves?

*Rolls up sleeves*

Well, time for another list of things that annoy me. That's probably quite a long list at this point.

1. People who don't move away from the doors on trains/buses

Seriously, there's almost certainly enough time to get off. Stop crowding the doors.

And stop acting like your personal space is super important too. If there's fifty people trying to board the train, then leaving a four foot gap around yourself is ridiculous.

2. Anyone who hogs public rest rooms for ages

Really. It's not a place to read the paper/check your phone for hours on end. And if you're gonna do drugs or have a smoke, go somewhere else.

3. Overly distracted retail staff

If you're serving a customer, please get off your smartphone. It's really rude. As is having a conversation with your friend next to you while people arte waiting to be served.

4. Retail staff not serving customers when there's a queue

If there's only one till open and about 20 people waiting to be served, I think the tills are more important than the shelf stacking.

5. Anyone who blocks the pavement/roads talking to people/walking with friends

Tourists seem to do this a lot. No, you don't need to walk in a line of four/five/ten people down the middle of the pavement/road. Leave space for everyone else.

6. Shops moving everything around at random

Yes, I know it's probably to make people buy more by breaking their routine, but it's still annoying okay?

7. Websites breaking their URLs at seemingly random

I don't get it, it's not difficult to set up redirects in .htaccess. And many CMS systems (like WordPress) automatically set them up when you change article names/URL formats. So why does it seem every link to a news article older than about 6 months is broken? Do they realise how much they're hurting both users and their Google rankings?

8. Newsletter sign ups

No I don't care to 'sign up for your newsletter' after visiting your site. Stop taking advice from those 'influencer' folks running get rich quick blogs.

9. Modals and pop ups and floating stuff online in general

Why not use the Reddit app? Why not sign up for Medium? Please donate to this website for whatever purpose. Oh shut up.

*Rolls up sleeves*

Well, time for another list of things that annoy me. That's probably quite a long list at this point.

Seriously, there's almost certainly enough time to get off. Stop crowding the doors.

And stop acting like your personal space is super important too. If there's fifty people trying to board the train, then leaving a four foot gap around yourself is ridiculous.

Really. It's not a place to read the paper/check your phone for hours on end. And if you're gonna do drugs or have a smoke, go somewhere else.

If you're serving a customer, please get off your smartphone. It's really rude. As is having a conversation with your friend next to you while people arte waiting to be served.

If there's only one till open and about 20 people waiting to be served, I think the tills are more important than the shelf stacking.

Tourists seem to do this a lot. No, you don't need to walk in a line of four/five/ten people down the middle of the pavement/road. Leave space for everyone else.

Yes, I know it's probably to make people buy more by breaking their routine, but it's still annoying okay?

I don't get it, it's not difficult to set up redirects in .htaccess. And many CMS systems (like WordPress) automatically set them up when you change article names/URL formats. So why does it seem every link to a news article older than about 6 months is broken? Do they realise how much they're hurting both users and their Google rankings?

8. Newsletter sign ups

No I don't care to 'sign up for your newsletter' after visiting your site. Stop taking advice from those 'influencer' folks running get rich quick blogs.

Why not use the Reddit app? Why not sign up for Medium? Please donate to this website for whatever purpose. Oh shut up.

I strongly agree with all of these, especially number 9. Pop-up ads are not going to give your company any more customers. It will only annoy people. Today I had a website that had ads that couldn't be clicked away. :wargrr:

I hate it when people try to imitate "cute" anime girls by changing their mannerisms, like making "kawaii" eating noises, or try to change their appearance so they look "innocent." Ugh.
Heck, I hate it when anime girls do it.

*Rolls up sleeves*

8. Newsletter sign ups

The one about shops near closing time and stockers and such, I wanna say that not everyone on a stock team coulr be authorized to run register. Especially if its a larger store, the two teams are usually entirely seperate and do not mix duties.

I hate it when people try to imitate "cute" anime girls by changing their mannerisms, like making "kawaii" eating noises, or try to change their appearance so they look "innocent." Ugh.
Heck, I hate it when anime girls do it.
Wait, you mean you've known real people who did this? xD In real life??

On the subject of how people present themselves, boy am I glad sagging slowly is going out of style because I'm not tryna see random ass cheeks in my day to day life. Like didn't your mom teach you how to dress!?!?

Comments like
  • First! (Who cares?) :Seriously?:
  • Like if you're listening this in 2018 / 2019 / 2219
  • I'm (18 years / 13 years / 9 years / a toddler / a baby / a fetus / a sperm cell) and I like this song.
You get the idea.

People who reply to stuff with "I'm a simple man I see (x) I upvote"
People who reply to stuff with "I see you're a man of culture as well"
People who reply to stuff with this gif
200w.gif

200w.gif

Still better than "delet this" and "meme acquisition" spam

200w.gif

About 50% of responses on twitter are gifs. I always skip over them.

Watching people play a PC game and them leaving their mouse cursor over the window. Can't stand that.
Ooh, I feel that one. I always make sure to move my mouse when I'm playing a game or watching YouTube fullscreen because it pisses me off to have it right there.

You guys know what tonsil stones are? They're these little white things that form in the crevices of your tonsils, and they fucking grind my gears whenever I have one and I just can't get it out for weeks upon end. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. I also hate eating popcorn and then getting the kernels all stuck in my teeth and gums and finding them the next morning. And I could rant on and on about automatic toilet flushers in public bathrooms, but I won't for your sakes.

And I could rant on and on about automatic toilet flushers in public bathrooms, but I won't for your sakes.

At my school some of the toilets and urinals (luckily not all of them) are automatic and it's annoying as hell. They flush the moment you approach or sit down, and you better not move a muscle or else it will flush again. And when you've managed to do your business without triggering a useless flush, there's a big chance that it won't work and you have to wave your hand like mad before it finally does something. What a waste of water.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
And I could rant on and on about automatic toilet flushers in public bathrooms, but I won't for your sakes.
Interesting to know they exist in the USA. I experienced those at an airfield in Italy and it was very inconvenient. I don't think I've ever seen one in the Netherlands, though.

Back