Do you have any pet peeves?

The Nintendo E-reader failed so bad we didn't even get the special smb3 stages, it was like the pre amiibo except with all the drawbacks and none of the perks.

At my school some of the toilets and urinals (luckily not all of them) are automatic and it's annoying as hell. They flush the moment you approach or sit down, and you better not move a muscle or else it will flush again. And when you've managed to do your business without triggering a useless flush, there's a big chance that it won't work and you have to wave your hand like mad before it finally does something. What a waste of water.
Exactly man, my school is the same damn way but with all of them. I'm someone who cares somewhat deeply about preserving water- I don't know if you've heard the phrase "if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down," but with the exception of other people's households (as well as my own because my mom gets all pissy about it), I pretty much live by it- so inadvertently setting the mechanism off over and over again always ticks me off. I always either pee from the side of the toilet or just put a wet piece of toilet paper over the little red demon's eye so it can't watch me. The latter is actually really effective, I'd suggest trying that because it's the only truly practical solution. Fortunately there's a little button as well so you can flush it without using the eye.

I just don't get why an auto-flush is needed in the first place. Yeah yeah, I get it, "convenience," "advancement of technology," and I get that saying humans are getting lazier is cliche and unoriginal. But it's fucking true! I don't think anybody's upset by the fact that they have to reach over and pull a handle in order to flush a toilet, and if the problem is people not flushing their numbah-two after they're finished, then anyone who's disgusted by that can just flush it whenever they come into the stall. I'm down with electric dryers because it conserves paper, and I'm even cool with automatic sinks, as that prevents people from wasting way too much water washing their hands, but toilets is too far.

Alright, there's my rant. Now that I got that out of my system... heh... no pun intended...

Exactly man, my school is the same damn way but with all of them. I'm someone who cares somewhat deeply about preserving water- I don't know if you've heard the phrase "if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down," but with the exception of other people's households (as well as my own because my mom gets all pissy about it), I pretty much live by it- so inadvertently setting the mechanism off over and over again always ticks me off. I always either pee from the side of the toilet or just put a wet piece of toilet paper over the little red demon's eye so it can't watch me. The latter is actually really effective, I'd suggest trying that because it's the only truly practical solution. Fortunately there's a little button as well so you can flush it without using the eye.

I just don't get why an auto-flush is needed in the first place. Yeah yeah, I get it, "convenience," "advancement of technology," and I get that saying humans are getting lazier is cliche and unoriginal. But it's fucking true! I don't think anybody's upset by the fact that they have to reach over and pull a handle in order to flush a toilet, and if the problem is people not flushing their numbah-two after they're finished, then anyone who's disgusted by that can just flush it whenever they come into the stall. I'm down with electric dryers because it conserves paper, and I'm even cool with automatic sinks, as that prevents people from wasting way too much water washing their hands, but toilets is too far.

Alright, there's my rant. Now that I got that out of my system... heh... no pun intended...
Completely true. There's even an invention that squirts out toothpaste by pushing a handle with your toothbrush! Why are people so lazy?

I just don't get why an auto-flush is needed in the first place. Yeah yeah, I get it, "convenience," "advancement of technology,"

Because some people are hysterically afraid that those precious chrome-clad stainless steel flush buttons might have a tiny trace of someone's penis sweat on them. Yes, it's more hygienic, but is that really a reason to adapt a system that wastes so much water? I don't think so.

Because some people are hysterically afraid that those precious chrome-clad stainless steel flush buttons might have a tiny trace of someone's penis sweat on them. Yes, it's more hygienic, but is that really a reason to adapt a system that wastes so much water? I don't think so.
How about the locks on the doors? More people will have touched those than the flush button.

This only happened to me like a few times, but

Being served pancakes and wanting syrup but not getting any no matter what because there's already syrup in them. I don't taste much syrup in those things. Heck, I'm not even alone.

I suppose one of mine would be those who talk, but when you talk they don't respond back. People who can't carry a conversation essentially.

Do those people even comprehend the entire point of washing your god forsaken hands?!

Retweet every gif on twitter with a gif of Batista
I'll reply to every gif on twitter with this gif
BogusDirectAmazonparrot-size_restricted.gif

Oh, here's another one. People blaming video games for real life violence and what not.

Hmm. Last time I checked, games have a better record as far as violence goes than pretty much any other form of media, and far more so than sports do. They've likely turned more people away from crime than they have encouraged it.

Ah well, what do you expect? It's never argued in good faith. Always to divert attention from actual issues.

Oh, here's another one. People blaming video games for real life violence and what not.

Hmm. Last time I checked, games have a better record as far as violence goes than pretty much any other form of media, and far more so than sports do. They've likely turned more people away from crime than they have encouraged it.

Ah well, what do you expect? It's never argued in good faith. Always to divert attention from actual issues.

CM Nibba you always seem to talk about that but haven't really seen much stuff on that myself lately unlike people like Jack Thompson over a decade ago. You should definitely post some fresh articles about the topic man it'd be interesting to read. At this point video games are a lot more of the norm and people should just think about the person themselves as a whole since there's probably something wrong with them.

Last edited:
Gif replies on like Twitter make me irrationally angry

Sometimes I wonder if twitter intentionally puts gif the responses as the top responses to popular tweets.

Ill often look at the replies to popular tweets, and have to go through a ton of gif responses with like 1-2 likes before actually getting to the real responses with likes/retweets/responses.

Back