(This is the only track from SoA that I've listened to all the way before, and let me tell you, once my powers have increased, I will make a transcription of this song)

This game is finally getting the remake it deserves, and that makes me very happy, although I will be sad to see the old guard go, in favor of a real orchestra I believe

(This is the only track from SoA that I've listened to all the way before, and let me tell you, once my powers have increased, I will make a transcription of this song)

This game is finally getting the remake it deserves, and that makes me very happy, although I will be sad to see the old guard go, in favor of a real orchestra I believe

Skies of Arcadia has been mentioned, so I feel obligated to summon @MonaWare . Ixa Taka had my fave music in the game

Skies of Arcadia is my favorite game, yeah. Theres a ton of great music in it, but if I had to pick a favorite Id probly pick the opening theme itself-

I remember when I very first started this game, and heard the song along with the visuals of the sky moving from day to twilight to night and back to day, I thought it was pretty incredible. Its definitely my favorite video game theme song.

If I had to pick a favorite town theme like cmv just did, Ixa Taka would be close, but Id probly pick Yafutoma-

Theres alot of memories tied into that one for me.

Also one day I hope @Glowsquid will play this game for the radical ship customization.

Does Smash Bros Ultimate really need mentioning at this point?

But really, that game sounds great. DKC got a good deal there especially:

They also managed to make Kass's theme from Zelda Breath of the Wild sound like a wild dance party:

Gave the Switch presentation music an actual in game debut:

And made the second overworld theme sound very Mushroom Kingdom Fusion like indeed:

The Dark Realm - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Music Extended

I didn't find a lot of 11's soundtrack all that memorable, when the game initially came out, aside from Fuse Man's theme, but it's been gradually growing on me, especially the Wily stage theme.

This theme gives me a huge nostalgia boost. Not only because of this game, but also becuase it sounds very Donkey Kong Land-like, which isn't that surprising once you know that this theme was composed by David Wise, who also worked on DK games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 607
^Donkey Kong Land 1's score is extremely underrated. I know it's just generic poppy David Wise shit a lot of the time but Graeme Norgate's work is really interesting musically:

""

^Donkey Kong Land 1's score is extremely underrated. I know it's just generic poppy David Wise shit a lot of the time but Graeme Norgate's work is really interesting musically:

""

100% agree. The Donkey Kong Land series has so many great tracks, especially the first part. My abolute fav is this one:

Much better than ¨Voices of the Temple¨ in my opinion. Atmospheric is great, but sometimes you just need a catchy tune.

I uploaded a video containing my top 15 Credits Themes. :)

Very satisfying to listen to, really. :)
I'm so glad you included Super Mario World and Super Mario Land in the list, they have some of the best credits music of the Mario platformers.

By the way, I didn't know for sure, but have you ever played the first Shantae game? It has one hell of a credits theme:

Reactions: 607
Very satisfying to listen to, really. :)
I'm so glad you included Super Mario World and Super Mario Land in the list, they have some of the best credits music of the Mario platformers.

By the way, I didn't know for sure, but have you ever played the first Shantae game? It has one hell of a credits theme:

Thanks, nice!
I really want to, but no, it is obviously way to expensive. :SDead:
But if I had known about it, I think I would have had to include it... which might have made the video better, but it would also have hurt a little, as that would mean Super Mario Bros. Deluxe would be out of the list. ;) (or I should have made it a top 15, I suppose... :P

I really want to, but no, it is obviously way to expensive. :SDead:

Expensive? Not at all. You can buy it in the 3DS eShop for just 4.99 euros. As a matter of fact, that's one of the reasons that motivated me to buy a 3DS.
Or you spend hundreds of bucks on one of the ca. 15,000 remaining GBC cartridges. The choice is yours.:wah: JS Shantae once told me that he owns a genuine cartridge. He must be a lucky man.

Last edited:
Expensive? Not at all. You can buy it in the 3DS eShop for just 4.99 euros. As a matter of fact, that's one of the reasons that motivated me to buy a 3DS.
Or you spend hundreds of bucks on one of the ca. 15,000 remaining GBC cartridges. The choice is yours.:wah: JS Shantae once told me that he owns a genuine cartridge. He must be a lucky man.
Ah, cool, I'm looking forward to that, then! Assuming I will once buy a 3DS. I did recently buy a DS, after over 10 years, so it's certainly possible.

Back