Post interesting Wario Land trivia here

Called it.

Disappointed you didn't target TCRF or Mario Wiki instead,
I just came up with it while writing the post! Hahaha, I was waking up!
tumblr_mip0pjmldp1qgd8moo1_500.gif

In SML3 Wario Land your controls get disabled at the beginning of boss battles. But it's time-based, so pausing for a few moments activates them again.
It allows you to hit the boss of rice beach when he ascends from the sand for the first time and the paralysis from the boss of parsley woods works the same way.
Probably not useful for speedruns, but it might be good to know.

It's true. I just tried it myself. It's kind of amazing.
But only the sprite changes, not the speed of movement or direction.

Last edited:
Wario Land 3 has the Action Help, which allows you to see tutorials for moves that Wario has learned so far, as well as see previews of future moves.

However, there are also 3 other tutorials, that would be available if you open the pause screen...
  • While being Vampire Wario
  • While riding an owl
  • While riding a zipline

Wario Land 2 was origionally released on the Gameboy, being compatable with Super Gameboy, in March 1998.
The game was later re-released on the Gameboy Color, with the cartridge being backwards compatable with the origional Gameboy and the Super Gameboy.
However, there was a difference in thr compqtibility.

The origional cartridge (.gb rom) can be switched between playing on a gameboy or on a super gameboy any time, with the save file being compatable.
However, on the GBC cartridge (.gbc rom), the save files are not compatable.

So, if you start playing the game on a certain mode (GB, SGB or GBC), you will not be able to switch to a different mode and continue playing. Doing so will give you an error message, and prompt you to erase your save data.

WarioLand2a.PNG
WarioLand2b.PNG

Two nice little details about 40 Below Fridge:
  • I don't know if this is intentional or not, but when you play through the beginning of the level at a normal pace, the music starts to really kick in just at the moment you enter the main, frozen part of the level. (That is, when you ground-pound yourself out of the room with the glass sheets and conveyor belts.)
  • -40 Celcius and -40 Fahrenheit are the same temperature. They probably chose this name so they didn't have to change anything this in localisations.
:40belowbrr:

:wargh:

the room with the glass sheets and conveyor belts

You know, I have inspected the background of this room, and it's actually pretty damn well-made: it has no less than three background layers: on the first layer you can see large glass sheets. The second layer has steel beams, some weird vacuum tubes with small bolts of electricity in them, and a crane hook. The very background has metal fences, switchgear with ammeters, and the same glass tubes, but idle now.

0:19 Just look at how much effort they put into this. :wah:

Back