So... how would you bring back Princess Shokora as a character?

Just put her in and don't explain it in any way. You referenced the babies and Dry Bowser, this would work exactly like that.

Great idea, but I wonder if most gamers today will recognise her. She was in only one game, 15 years ago. She will need some explaination for those who have never played WL 4.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Great idea, but I wonder if most gamers today will recognise her. She was in only one game, 15 years ago. She will need some explaination for those who have never played WL 4.

But how many people really recognised Daisy when she first reappeared in the spinoffs?

1989-2000 was still a fair jump.

For a character with a fairly uninteresting design (in Mario Land) and a supporting role in a single Mario platfrmer.

Why are we really justifying this considering the Wario Land series is even further removed from the main Mario series than the Mario Land series

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Still, I wouldn't bring her back in any capacity. I feel like it would sort of lessen the effect of Wario Land 4's ending.
Yeah, that I agree with.
I'd also rather have Rosalina kept in Super Mario Galaxy instead of becoming a cross-over character like Daisy.

It's already been stated enough, but Shokora coming back would take away from WL4's powerful ending.

If you ask me, Syrup is still the best choice for a possible spinoff appearance. I'd love for Rudy to return as well, especially for a Wario Land revival.

Exactly. Shokora was part of a unique tale, told within a unique game. It should remain just that. Unique.

I'm sick of this trend where completely unsuitable characters get taken out of games and used as mere filler or supporting cast in unrelated spin-offs, racing games etc.
It completely devalues the character and their meaningful role/story. Syrup, on the other hand, could be suited to that kind of representation. She's a recurring rival.

Last edited:
I'm sick of this trend where completely unsuitable characters get taken out of games and used as mere filler or supporting cast in unrelated spin-offs, racing games etc.
It completely devalues the character and their meaningful role/story.
It happened just once, to Rosalina.

Want the list?
-Her backstory is pretty much thrown out the window now
-Her playable appearance in 3D World felt like a last-minute addition
-The Lumas also don't do anything special anymore other than accompany her
-Everyone's favorite MK8 character, Baby Rosalina

Again, I wonder how Yoshiaki Koizumi feels about her appearing so often? Probably a little annoyed because she isn't appearing for the reasons he wanted her to?

Want the list?

Again, I wonder how Yoshiaki Koizumi feels about her appearing so often? Probably a little annoyed because she isn't appearing for the reasons he wanted her to?

>Baby Rosalina

why?
Wario No Want.png

Want the list?

I'm not just referring to characters with deep backstories. When I say "unsuitable" I also mean such Mario Kart additions as Honey Queen or Petey Piranha. Pointless, tacky and arbitrary filler that has certainly become a trend. I don't want to see Shokora join that category, and be relegated to meaningless roles like (as you say) Rosalina has.

Back