Its a weird feeling though, like when you wake up from it, everything feels so unreal. Its really bizarre, haha.
Argh, that bring back very unnice memories :/
Last year, after having a night with only half an hour of sleep (we had spent the day and night at the farm of a classmate), I came home, and felt very tired.
But I couldn't sleep, as I had to bring my books to school later that day. So I chose to watch some videos. I kept nearly falling asleep, and couldn't really follow the video, it was really bad.
Then, as far as I knew the next moment, I half woke up in a bed, quite a long time later.
I had no idea what was going on. And I didn't have for like 10 minutes. It was absolutely terrible. I didn't know where I was or what had happened.
After I knew a bit more about where I was but was still quite dazed, I tried to turn on the pc to play a game, and even though I played absolutely terribly (duh, I didn't have much idea what was going on in a multi-tasking and quick reactions involving game) I slowly felt better again.
But those first 15 minutes after having woken up I felt insane, and it was really quite horrible.
(a friend ended up bring my books to school, so that wasn't a problem, luckily)

Wait did you have sleeping paralysis? Cause that's some really scary stuff. Never had it myself, but I do remember being unable to move or talk for like 30 seconds. Anyways, that sounds terrible man. Hope it doesn't happen again.

I work in chat consumer support. Today the templyoer switched to a new chat platform and it has an um, problem.

I write to a customer "2 GB is a good ammount of usage based on the previous months" and the chat programs tells me "f u" is a banned string of characters and that I need to remove it before I can post the message to the client. Who the fuck enters "f u" in a list of banned words????

Youd think theyd at least have it set to only go off if the letters were alone,and not already attached to a word.

I mean, who would actually try to hide an insult in such a cryptic way? And besides, who would even care? No one would notice it : p

I work in chat consumer support. Today the templyoer switched to a new chat platform and it has an um, problem.

I write to a customer "2 GB is a good ammount of usage based on the previous months" and the chat programs tells me "f u" is a banned string of characters and that I need to remove it before I can post the message to the client. Who the fuck enters "f u" in a list of banned words????

Well first, I feel sorry for you. Any form of customer support (especially over the phone) is generally pretty terrible to work in. Couldn't ever cope in such a field myself.

Secondly, that's one heck of a bad ban list. Not that it's a new issue, unfortunately:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_problem

Chat consumer support is not too horrible. You have plenty of provisions and shortcuts phone agents don't have, and the nature of text communications removes a lot of what makes phone CS unbearable.

otoh you have to talk to three people at the same time on busy days, lol

the base salary is $12.50 per hour for 8 hours shifts, but I have various bonuses for working on weekends, so it's more around $14. I could worse for a student job.

The biggest perk is that I can work from home, though.

IRC Story #who cares

Should probably mention that this is a Smash Bros Melee IRC

Anyway, there's a !twitch command that searches stuff on Twitch and posts results.

Someone posts "!twitch Melee" and gets no results. Suddenly, everyone starts putting "!twitch super smash bros melee" and other things to no avail. So I put "!TWITCH FUCKING SUPER FUCKING SMASH BROS MELEE FOR THE FUCKING NINTENDO FUCKING GAMECUBE"

And then that's when we get results for a Melee stream.

I guess we just needed to give a fuck.

I have slept through an entire day again :/ I slept pleanty the night before, I got 8 hours of sleep. But around four yesterday I had lunch, and started to feel kinda tired again, so I figured Id lay down for a bit, and slept until 1:30 AM : / Im actually starting to worry that theres something wrong with me, my body just wants to selep all the time anymore.....

Maybe its whatever you had for lunch that made you feel tired. Maybe its just another one of those days. At least you're fixing that sleep debt.

I had beans and rice on tortilla bread. I dont think that would make me tired, but maybe the bread and rice expanding in my stomach made more blood flow to my stomach and that made me feel tired or something : p

I may just be catching up to alot of smissed sleep, but if this keeps happening every other day I may wanna think about seeing a doctor.

IRC Story #who cares

Should probably mention that this is a Smash Bros Melee IRC

Anyway, there's a !twitch command that searches stuff on Twitch and posts results.

Someone posts "!twitch Melee" and gets no results. Suddenly, everyone starts putting "!twitch super smash bros melee" and other things to no avail. So I put "!TWITCH FUCKING SUPER FUCKING SMASH BROS MELEE FOR THE FUCKING NINTENDO FUCKING GAMECUBE"

And then that's when we get results for a Melee stream.

I guess we just needed to give a fuck.
That's the moral of the story.

I finally got to watch Doctor No! Such a good movie. My little brother bailed 30 minutes into it, but it didn't even matter. My mom watched the last 20 minutes of it, and enjoyed it so much that we watched the entire thing together the next day.

Oh, and as for feeling tired all the time, I can relate. I go through periods of time where I'm 100% fine, but for months it feels like I'm physically exhausted and drained. I'm actually coming out of one of my "tired phases" right now. I was extremely tired all the way from September to late October. Now I feel wide awake!
I just chalk it up to having a "sleepy personality" ;):p (I'm not diabetic, and I can't have Chronic Fatigue syndrome, because I've never had anything that could make my immune system go bonk).

Last edited:
Wait did you have sleeping paralysis? Cause that's some really scary stuff. Never had it myself, but I do remember being unable to move or talk for like 30 seconds. Anyways, that sounds terrible man. Hope it doesn't happen again.
No! Luckily not! I could do everything, but nothing made sense to me, and everything felt weird. I normally never sleep during the day, so it's very unusual to wake up from sleeping in the afternoon. On top of that, I woke up in a different place then where I last remembered being, and I remembered needing to hand in the books, and they were gone (a classmate did it, after all).
So all those things and just simply being half asleep still, I was so confused that I didn't know what to think or do, which I obviously did not like.

Oh, the filters >.<
There are mostly two kinds of stupid ones: filters that are way too strict (getting banned from Habbo hotel for saying something like "my grandmother has a disease") and filters that are not good at detecting false positives (getting banned from Roblox for posting a password that was something like "BLJCKMFUWR").

Yesterday I got temp banned from Twitch, and I still don't know why. A guess is that it was because of the word "spam", but I don't know why that would be a banned word.

I pulled an all nighter. Feeling pretty good, but thats probably the sugar talkin.Woo! Lets go baby!

Also the mobile version of this site is pretty rad. Good work mates.

Back