The Wario Land 4 HD Album Project!

Will you support this project?

• Total voters
It is a remix though, meaning Jack is still allowed to take creative liberties. Otherwise they would just sound like midis with soundfonts slapped on them!

Sure, but some little touches, like the bass in "Crescent Moon Village" and other songs make a bit difference, I kind of like the new version, tbh. But I need your opinion, I don't want to release something that you guys don't like! :D

I think the bass in your original Youtube upload of Crescent Moon V. had a really retro, sleazy guitar sound to it, which suits the setting and the antihero exploring it perfectly. It also sounded more natural and meshed perfectly with the guitar-heavy bit in the last part of the track (before it loops). I would love to infiltrate a shadowy setting with that music playing!

While your new version is closer to the original bass, it sounds more electronic and loses that extra "sleazy" character you gave your first version.

One possibility is to add the new version to the Bonus tracks for those who like it. I just don't want to have to make an alternate version for all the songs, that's my dilema right now...

Yeah, I've been in that same dilemma of decisions. The first version is definitely more natural/approachable for music lovers in general. My dad HATES video games, but he would love the first version because of that greasy retro guitar sound you've given it. I think your new version is best for bonus material, but that's just my three cents.

Last edited:
I can grab the original one (it actually had 2 bass lines going, the slap bass and the new one, did you notice?), boost the "game" bass and make the slap bass softer. It sounds like this:

Crescent Moon Village

I prefer Version A as well. I don't think it's necessary to go and make an alternate version for every song. That's too much work and we appreciate what you've already done. Keep in mind that you can't please everyone, and that's okay. Don't stress over it!

I prefer Version A as well. I don't think it's necessary to go and make an alternate version for every song. That's too much work and we appreciate what you've already done. Keep in mind that you can't please everyone, and that's okay. Don't stress over it!

True! Thanks for the feedback! I'm just looking for a majority, so far Version A is the one to keep! But of course, if you think otherwise, I want to know :)

BTW, if you where wondering, I do use that bass (the one that sounds like the game) in 4 songs:

"Title":

"Item Shop":

"Doodle Woods":

And "Hotel Horror":

Some might not sound like they have it, but if you pay close attention, it's the "game-like" bass.

EDIT: I chose that bass in those specific tracks because I think they give the personality the song needs. In Crescent Moon Village it sounds good, but I doesn't really match as well. My thoughts anyway...

Ah I actually really like C the best. But it is your project. Also if the majority prefer the other, I shouldn't sway you.

It's a Wario Forum project. Your opinion was really important, I need that more often! The least I can do is thank you! At least we messed around with new ideas! It's a big part of the project.

Good job! you done good...you done good.

Thank you, Kyon! Glad you like it! :)

[Update] - "Boss Battle" is now available to listen on Youtube!

:rolleyes:twitches: I did it...!

:Wario: :spoiledrotten: :cractus: :cuckoocondor: :aerodent: :catbat:

This is an instense moment in the game, I wanted to focus on that. These last themes are so crazy, I had to wobble the pitch is some parts. I actually had fun doing it! :D

Last edited:
By the way... sneak peak? I think it's getting there! :p

Attachments

• Hurry Up - Golden Diva Test.mp3
    460.3 KB · Views: 513
Back