The Wario Land 4 HD Album Project!

Will you support this project?

• Total voters
Sounds good, though to be honest it gets a little repetitive near the end. Swear Wario Land 4's Hurry Up theme has a bit more variety?

Sounds good, though to be honest it gets a little repetitive near the end. Swear Wario Land 4's Hurry Up theme has a bit more variety?

The main loop of the original Hurry Up is pretty repetitive... listening to them side by side, the loop is the same, so I don't know... Playing the game with the song sounds way better, since we are focused on running back. I had to add some instruments and tricks to make it sound a bit more dynamic, though.

I think I kinda know why it sounds more repetitive, I tweaked around with the sound, and some instruments where switched around... There is kind of a choir in the original I haven't added in my remake... :\

This remix is a great effort overall. Some sections sound good and were adapted well, while others sound a bit weak/could do with a tweak....

*At the very beginning when Wario yells "Hurry up!", that noise you've used for landing on the switch is very weak compared to the heavy, metallic "Clunk!" sound from the game. The noise you used sounds more like a balloon popping rather than a heavy iron switch being triggered. I know it's only a small detail, but it's the very first thing you hear when the track begins and it doesn't do the rest of your remix justice.

*The bells at the beginning are fine, but the clock ticking is a bit underwhelming. Is there a louder, heavier clock ticking you could use with an echo effect? An echoing clock tick would add to the haunting, demented vibe of this music. In the last part of the song (the repetitive looping part) you could lend some urgency by adding a heavy, echoing clock tick counting down the last minute or so before it ends (just as it does in the game when you've only got a few seconds left). A bit like this, I suppose...

Last edited:
This remix is a great effort overall. Some sections sound good and were adapted well, while others sound a bit weak/could do with a tweak....

*At the very beginning when Wario yells "Hurry up!", that noise you've used for landing on the switch is very weak compared to the heavy, metallic "Clunk!" sound from the game. The noise you used sounds more like a balloon popping rather than a heavy iron switch being triggered. I know it's only a small detail, but it's the very first thing you hear when the track begins and it doesn't do the rest of your remix justice.

*The bells at the beginning are fine, but the clock ticking is a bit underwhelming. Is there a louder, heavier clock ticking you could use with an echo effect? An echoing clock tick would add to the haunting, demented vibe of this music. In the last part of the song (the repetitive looping part) you could lend some urgency by adding a heavy, echoing clock tick counting down the last minute or so before it ends (just as it does in the game when you've only got a few seconds left). A bit like this, I suppose...

Now THAT's what I'm talking about! The Wario Land 4 HD Remake is for the Wario Forums and the Wario fan comunity in general, that kind of input helps improving the work.

So you say that some parts are weaker than they should, starting with the very begining. I agree with you, the sound should be stronger, I think I might have an idea on how I can improve the clunking noise... Great feedback there.

The clock ticking was hard to find, the one you shared is exactly what I was looking for. I will upload a new version with some tweaks soon, all those details will be fixed.

Thanks for the support, that's what I expect from time to time! Good job! :D

Yeah, I also think it could use some work. Especially the intro. (Which is arguably the best part)

The most jarring part is maybe the instrument you used for the... uh... that one at the beginning. The one that fades in when the bells fade out.
Of course, it's such an abstract sound that it's difficult trying to replicate it. (Actually, I took a listen to that instrument in the soundfont and in the correct pitch it actually sounds like a voice. Like someone saying "Iho-ge" or something but of course, the compression just makes sound like garbled bit salad.
It reminds me of how in WWinc. there's this bit in the first level of the microgame called Cymbalism (where you catch notes between the cymbal).
On the GBA it just sounds like.... something.
(at 0:09)

But if you hear the Gamecube version it actually sounds like a human voice! :D
(at 7:33)

I wonder what that means.
So yeah I bet it's actually a distorted voice clip.

AAANYWAY... :S8V:

When that "instument" first kicks in it goes kinda crazy, right? Going up and down in pitch and all crazy while the bells are fading out, right?
But in your version, Jack it stops being crazy a little too early.
Also, the drums which start around that point could be a bit more audible.

Another thing: At 1:00 into your video that "instrument" (I'm gonna call it voice garble from now) The voice garble is missing completely. It should be rapidly increasing in pitch, reving up, you could say. And the part after that just sounds kinda weak since the instrument you use doesn't have the same harshness to it.

PS. You should make the animation of Wario being nervous much faster. :p

Yeah, I also think it could use some work. Especially the intro. (Which is arguably the best part)

The most jarring part is maybe the instrument you used for the... uh... that one at the beginning. The one that fades in when the bells fade out.
Of course, it's such an abstract sound that it's difficult trying to replicate it. (Actually, I took a listen to that instrument in the soundfont and in the correct pitch it actually sounds like a voice. Like someone saying "Iho-ge" or something but of course, the compression just makes sound like garbled bit salad.
It reminds me of how in WWinc. there's this bit in the first level of the microgame called Cymbalism (where you catch notes between the cymbal).
On the GBA it just sounds like.... something.
(at 0:09)

But if you hear the Gamecube version it actually sounds like a human voice! :D
(at 7:33)

I wonder what that means.
So yeah I bet it's actually a distorted voice clip.

AAANYWAY... :S8V:

When that "instument" first kicks in it goes kinda crazy, right? Going up and down in pitch and all crazy while the bells are fading out, right?
But in your version, Jack it stops being crazy a little too early.
Also, the drums which start around that point could be a bit more audible.

Another thing: At 1:00 into your video that "instrument" (I'm gonna call it voice garble from now) The voice garble is missing completely. It should be rapidly increasing in pitch, reving up, you could say. And the part after that just sounds kinda weak since the instrument you use doesn't have the same harshness to it.

PS. You should make the animation of Wario being nervous much faster. :p

Great feedback there too! Thanks, ShyGuyXXL!

Well, I wanted to say first that I wanted to use the original "voice grable" sound from the game, but that would be cheap. So I look all over my instruments to see if I could use any of them, I may have spent a full day just for that instrument. I can't find a match for it... :\

The part where the instrument stops going crazy is just reverb on the original, it stops because that instrument is too loud and weird, when I tried applying the reverb or echo or whatever, it broke my ears... I could have lowered the volume but in certain parts, you can barely hear it... What I'm trying to say is, balancing all that is not easy...

At 1:00, it's not the same instrument, believe me :p that's why you can hear it as well, I messed up the pair instrument responsible for that part xD

And about the animation, I just grabed it online xD I was looking for a faster one, so I stuck with this one :)

I agree with all of it, I will try to improve, but I can't garantee I can, though... It's the most challenging part of the song...

Reactions: 607
Ok, guys, we need artwork for the Wario Land 4 HD Remake Album. If anyone is interested, post your ideas here. I can't do it as well as some of you guys, so I trust your talent.
We need a cover art for the album which should include the title and Wario on the cover (Almost like the Wario Land 4 Title screen, but do as you wish), 3 "CD" artworks (CD1 is based on both Emerald and Ruby Passages, check the first post to know which tracks are in it, CD2 is based on Topaz and Sapphire Passages, and CD3 is the Bonus CD that will mostly have Sound Room stuff). I think that's all, feel free to sign your work, I will refer to you in the album description.

Also, I want to thank you all, changes will be made for some tracks, some are already updated and will all be available to download in MP3 format. There will be a special "CD" for Sound Effects, which doesn't need cover art.

I absolutely love how there are still find WL4 enthusiasts in this day and age. Looks like you've done a lot here! I'm gonna listen to your album while playing MK8 online and play as Wario while doing so as well. I'll try my best to provide constructive criticism for you since that's what you want, but I'm sure it will mostly sound great anyway.

I'd do it over the holidays if I wasn't so lousy at subjects/characters. I'm only good with backgrounds/landscapes, understand.
Tell you what, I'll whip up a few layouts over the next few weeks if you like, and see what I can come up with, then I'll post my results here.

I absolutely love how there are still find WL4 enthusiasts in this day and age. Looks like you've done a lot here! I'm gonna listen to your album while playing MK8 online and play as Wario while doing so as well. I'll try my best to provide constructive criticism for you since that's what you want, but I'm sure it will mostly sound great anyway.

Thanks! Well, I hope you have fun listening to them! :D
Soon they'll be here on Wario Forums to download! :)

I'd do it over the holidays if I wasn't so lousy at subjects/characters. I'm only good with backgrounds/landscapes, understand.
Tell you what, I'll whip up a few layouts over the next few weeks if you like, and see what I can come up with, then I'll post my results here.

No problem! I can't wait! If you want to work with someone else to make it easier, feel free to do so. I'm not sure I can help as much as I wanted, so yeah...

Just had a nice listen to your WL4 songs, and I was honestly impressed! I can't think of much to say, but perhaps I found Pinball Zone a little underwhelming. But then again, the original song didn't have much going on anyway. I also agree with a comment on youtube saying the rain sound effect in Monsoon Jungle should be a bit louder. Keep up the good work!

Edit: I also thought the "hurry up!" at the beginning of the song was too loud.

Just had a nice listen to your WL4 songs, and I was honestly impressed! I can't think of much to say, but perhaps I found Pinball Zone a little underwhelming. But then again, the original song didn't have much going on anyway. I also agree with a comment on youtube saying the rain sound effect in Monsoon Jungle should be a bit louder. Keep up the good work!

Edit: I also thought the "hurry up!" at the beginning of the song was too loud.

Thanks for the feedback! And yes, the Pinball Zone hasn't got much going on, the song is pretty calm and steady. As for the rain effect, I haven't changed it yet, I like this rain because it feels like it's hitting leaves kind of. I'm still looking for a rain sound that gives me the same feel but stronger.
And yeah, I'm having trouble with Hurry Up!!... I can't fix it, I feel like I'm breaking it more and more... I'll see what I can do...

Back