Thoughts on Wario's Woods?

You know what they should do?
Make a huge "weird SNES puzzle game spin-offs" compilation.
With Wario's Woods, Kirby's Avalanche, Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Tetris Attack, Yoshi's Cookie, maybe even throw Dr. Mario in there.

I think many people would actually buy that game. I know I would.

puyo_puyo_tetris_x_wario_s_woods_by_gsvproductions-dc82owc.jpg

https://gsvproductions.deviantart.com/art/Puyo-Puyo-Tetris-X-Wario-s-Woods-739156620

I love this way too much.

Wario's Woods is an interesting spin on the falling block puzzle genre, in that you control an actual character who's subject to gravity in the playing field. I've never played a puzzle game that really uses a similar concept, so it gets points for uniqueness right off the bat.

While Wario himself is - despite getting top billing - the villain rather than the main character, it is still considered a Wario game, and definitely worth a spot in a Wario fan's collection in my opinion.

I only played it in NES Remix, but for what it's worth I did enjoy myself.

Attachments

• Wario's Woods.mp3
    678.8 KB · Views: 340
  • Twisted Woods.mp3
    678.8 KB · Views: 354
captain_toad_and_wanda_by_cyberguy64-d8mhvoh.gif

Captain Toad and Wanda

I like this idea for how the protagonists would now be presented, in a modernized Wario's Woods or a major modern callback to Wario's Woods, with Toad now in his Captain gear and Wanda being re-imagined to be a sprixie, even if I prefer her normal design.

Last edited:
Wario's Wood is so salty, so veiny, so low-pH, so downright adamantine that it annihilated my trachea as it expelled liters of sap down my gullet. The whole scene was so raunchy and vile that I puked the entire contents of my thorax out after the fact.

Wario's Wood is so salty, so veiny, so low-pH, so downright adamantine that it annihilated my trachea as it expelled liters of sap down my gullet. The whole scene was so raunchy and vile that I puked the entire contents of my thorax out after the fact.
that was mike matei you idiot, Wario was with James Rolfe and the rest of us cool kids, you LOSER

Back