Triple M

Magma Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
Username Change User Name Style Change
I predict that is her actual name, see this:

Here's the back cover for the game with tons and tons of microgames shown:

Pre-order stand:

An interesting theory but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves...

It would be a pretty intruiging reference due to...the peculiar relationship between Wario and Wrecking Crew. However, I feel it is more likely that WarioWare Gold and Wrecking Crew 98 at best both referenced the same thing separately, especially since "girl" simply isn't a name. The bigger clue though, for the Wrecking Crew ghost girl at least,is that the visual similarities are not that impressive when you consider that it appears very likely that she is based off a famous Japanese urban legend known as Hanako-san and she has a pretty standardized appearance...

Coins
Coins
An interesting theory but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves...

It would be a pretty intruiging reference due to...the peculiar relationship between Wario and Wrecking Crew. However, I feel it is more likely that WarioWare Gold and Wrecking Crew 98 at best both referenced the same thing separately, especially since "girl" simply isn't a name. The bigger clue though, for the Wrecking Crew ghost girl at least,is that the visual similarities are not that impressive when you consider that it appears very likely that she is based off a famous Japanese urban legend known as Hanako-san and she has a pretty standardized appearance...
To me this is even more proof that they are the same character, seeing how she is the only example of this type of character in Mario series history, why wouldn't they re-use her for another game? And no, "Girl" - "おんなのこ" is actually her name in Wrecking Crew '98 and she is a playable character. Having the name be the exact same is too much of a coincidence.

I predict that this scene is Ashley coming across the girl in her haunted mansion.

Triple M

Magma Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
seeing how she is the only example of this type of character in Mario series history, why wouldn't they re-use her for another game?
Because normally, all the Mario games are developed by different development teams and there has long been shown to be a reluctance for development team to use characters developed by other teams, hence characters like Waluigi and Daisy being relegated to spinoffs. However, here lies an interesting tidibt. It seems Wrecking Crew 98 shares the same development team that would later be responsible for the WarioWare series, so there's an actual connection. So, I do concede that it isn't impossible for them to actual be the same character or a reference to said character. However, I do think you're giving the name argument a little too much weight.

And no, "Girl" - "おんなのこ" is actually her name in Wrecking Crew '98 and she is a playable character. Having the name be the exact same is too much of a coincidence.
I still don't see how it's "too much of a coincidence" when that is literally the word for a young girl in Japanese. There isn't anything unique about that term.The only other words they could probably used to describe a nameless girl are either shojo or musume which have different connotations. I think @Glowsquid might be on to something with this unusual moniker. Perhaps she's some kind of mysterious spirit that for some reason, the developers have opted to not let us know what her actual name is initially and instead she's just described as a girl. Maybe we learn her name down the line in the game.

Last edited:

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
They already have pre-order display stands, yet we haven't even seen any footage besides the reveal trailer. And it's coming out in a little over a month already!
Why are they not advertising this game?

Coins
Coins
I predict that is her actual name, see this:
Interesting, she does look similar. (but the other two posts also give good arguments I thought of but didn't bother typing out - fortunately, because it turned out they had already been posted on the next page.)

TB100

Random guy just chillin.
Coins
Coins
Wario.png

From what I assume is Nintendo Dream (According to the original source), some full body artwork for quite a few characters.
Now we have a full look at what the Crygor family looks like. (Not really digging Dr Crygor's design BTW.)
As well as some other characters to boot.

Source

Last edited:

The Enigmatic Commodore

Commodore Matt Decker
Coins
Coins
Username Change User Name Style Change User Title Style Change
What in blue blazes is going on with this game's visuals? I mean, if you're determined to define everything on the character with clunky black lines, at least use thinner ones for anything lying within the outer-line. Art direction in the WarioWare series has always followed that formula in the past, and that's just what made its art so respectable; simple and geometric character designs with bold, dynamic linework. Even the sprites of the original two GBA titles are more sophisticated than this amateurish DeviantArt-grade stuff... Plus, the proportions and volumes look horribly stilted (and don't tell me that was just an artistic decision -- the draughtsmanship is objectively bad). Frankly, the whole shebang is remarkably unappealing for a first-party Nintendo game.

Come to think of it, do we even know if this game is from an internal dev. team? I think it's possible that Nintendo passed it off to a third party studio while they focused their efforts on the Switch. If this does come from a respectable team at Nintendo, I, uh... I've lost some respect for them, to say the least.

Triple M

Magma Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
What's really bothering me more than certain redesigns, is the lack of unity in the overall artstyle. I can see sort of two different distinct artstyles in the roster. Characters like Mona, 5-Volt, Kat and Ana all look like Rhythm Heaven characters with the way their faces are drawn and the soft round lines. Characters like Dribble and 18-Volt just look like they were drawn by a completely different person with how blocky they look and the sharp angular lines. Wario is a decent middle ground for the two styles but it's really just him it seems. The original artstyle and the G&W artstyles all look unified while this looks like a hodge podge of different designs that Ko Takeuchi created without thinking of a unified theme.

Coins
Coins
I personally love the new designs! Alot more clean and refined than some of the old designs which were rather crude for me.

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined) Gold Necklace Gold Earrings User Title Style Change Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
He's also pretty tiny now, but then again WarioWare character sizes tend to change a lot as is.
Wario character sizes in general change a lot.

See giant Rudy vs human sized Rudy the Clown:

DrMario64Rudy.jpg

Hell, so do Mario character sizes. Wario himself was huge in Super Mario Land 2, and Bowser changes size in every game he's in.

So a few WarioWare character size changes is to be expected.