Share your latest acquisitions!

Carrot, I can't think of an interesting poll.

• Yes.

• No.

• Perhaps?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I got Jade Empire for xbox. Its pretty much just Knights of the Old Republic but ancient China, but its still way cool : p

I also got a wrestling game that has a cool story mode, so thats been fun : p

Look what arrived in the mail today!

2a9e695122ae4059a4f72a950b9b1524.jpg

I got this for Sinterklaas on Saturday:
3an7vPw.jpg

It's been very fun playing it again! It's going a lot smoother than it was when playing it as a kid, that's for sure. d:p
So far, I've noticed very few differences between the Gameboy and the Gameboy Color version, but something that did strike me as that the GBC version is harder, in a way, than the GB version, when playing on a Gameboy Color.
You know those fishes using coins as lure to reel in Wario? Or those platforms that fall when you stand on them, in Up On The Rooftop? Well, when playing the Gameboy version, they have a different colour from the real coins or the solid platforms. However, in the GBC version, they're using the same palette.
It cost me some time to get used to that!

I got a bunch of candles today, maybe aromatic candles, I don't know... My gf got them, so I'll ask her!

Oh, wait, that's not that kind of acquisition... Nevermind

I just got TLoZ Twilight Princess and Minecraft WiiU edition. I'm gonna get Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 on WiiU, today, I think.

Figured i gived the series a try and i got Dark Souls on the Xbox 360 (about time). Sadly the phone camera broke when i dropped it so no picture. Not as hard as people say but it is hard no doubt.

Reactions: 607
@BlueJackG oh neat, TP is way fun.

As long as its not the Wii version, haha. I really hated that one : p

Yeah, one of my favorite Zelda games! I have to say, I was introduced to the Wii version first, but I prefer the button controls of the GC / Wii U versions.
My father gave me the Wii version, back in 2007! He said it was the best game ever, and I knew what he meant by that! :p

I've wanted to post this for a while but kept forgetting: I bought a GameCube controller!
uoTfVvh.jpg

A purple one! d:D
I had two fake GameCube controllers before, which I bought as they were cheaper together than one real GameCube controller separately. That turned out to be rightfully so, though...
The real thing is so, so much better! The difference is most noticeable on the big analog stick, as on the fake one it's a bit awkward and often doesn't spring back well. The analog stick on the Nintendo build springs back to center perfectly every time, and feels great! But the difference is really noticeable on the d-pad, start button, and L and R buttons too. No wonder the fake controllers were so cheap! d:rolleyes:
So yeah, I can play Super Mario Sunshine again, and use my emulators on Wii comfortably again too! :D

The same day I ordered the GameCube controller I also bought a bluetooth dongle from elsewhere... however, I wasn't happy with it. I was intending to use it with my Wiimote, and after hours of trying I finally got it to work. However, it still wasn't consistent, and the drivers that came with the hardware weren't very good - unusable for me, in fact, and I didn't want to spend another $30 or so buying good drivers. So I returned everything. I haven't yet gotten my money back, though... I hope I will still. But we will see.
At least the GameCube controller was a very good buy indeed!

Oh, and now that I see the picture again: for €4,- extra I bought an extension cord for the controller, as you can see! I thought that could be useful, as our couch is quite far from the television.

I forgot to mention that I got Ace Attorney 2 after having won it in an auction back in February 5. Phew time flies, I wish it would've gotten here earlier.

Do you like it so far? What do you like about it?

And Id love to have some kind of mystery game to play one day, Ive actually been interested in that kind of game for a while now : p If anyone has any good suggestions for a console that I own, Id like to hear them : p

• Agree
Reactions: 607
I found an auction on eBay recently: an N64 with cables, two original controllers and Mario Tennis. The starting bid was €40,-, and the sending fees €10,-. I considered for a while, as I already have an N64. However, I figured I could sell the N64 later, and I'd really like the controllers. Mario Tennis was a nice extra. So I input €50,- as my maximum bid, not knowing what to expect.
Nobody else bid, so I got it for €40,- plus €10,- sending fees. d:D
CW9nwlS.jpg

You might be able to tell that there's something missing here, though: there's no way to connect the N64 to a television. Now, I had a cable to connect it to antenna already, but if I wanted to sell this again I would need a cable to go with it, and moreover, the seller had included the cable on the picture so I should've got it. So I send him an e-mail and got quick reply.
Soon this arrived:
wT4hCDP.jpg

It's actually N64 to composite cable! I hadn't got that before. I connected it, and wow, it actually looks quite a bit better than antenna. I don't think I really mind the difference, though, so I'm not sure if I'll buy such a cord myself for after I sell this one.

I also played Mario Tennis quite a bit already: when first playing it I found it a bit strange that so many things were unlocked right from the start... then, the next morning, I realised I had forgotten to remove the save data of the previous owner. >.< So yeah, I'm playing it properly, now. d:p And it's a fun game!

And here's a nice picture, of both of my connected N64 systems. ^.^
hqSClAH.jpg

Got a red N64 controller, seeing more N64 stuff makes me happy. It's a console that seems to get either recognition or not I guess the controller is something that turned people away. Haven't really gotten any problems with it aside from switching hand positions from the three prongs anyone else have a similar issue?

I never did, cuz the majority of games I played either used the control pad or control stick exclusively : p

I feel the only legitimate argument against the N64 controller is the control stick. Its definitely not the best : p And maybe not being able to reach both the L and Z button, but I think thats dumb cuz like why would you need to? : p The N64 controller had more than enough buttons, haha. It worked just fine : p

Alright, Im still missing one game and a poster, but I figured I could show you guys my haul : p

Heres my games-

ie3gjrn.jpg

From top right corner down I got
Daytona USA (DC)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 (Xbox)
Grandia 2 (DC)
Time Stalkers (DC)
Phantasy Star Online (DC)
Skies of Arcadia (DC)
Shadowman (DC)
And because I felt like I should have some multiplayer games
Vigilante 8 2nd Offense (a youtuber I liked got me interested in trying it)
Quake 3 Arena (cuz capture the flag)
Y4ejqg4.jpg

Pretty covers : p

h4qTNvL.jpg

Grandia 2

nTbiYQP.jpg

skies of arcadia <3

onBVDQ2.jpg

Time Stalkers

r8SFNrR.jpg

Phantasy Star Online
dBuPXUd.jpg

Scary images of my favorite scary game : p

And of course I had to get some albums from Armistead Burwell (Zach) Smith. Finally got all of Three Mile Pilot's albums plus the last Pinback album I didnt have yet

nTWacOW.jpg

From top right corner down-

-Pinback-
Autumn of the Seraphs
-Three Mile Pilot-
3MP Gravity EP
Another Desert, Another Sea
Songs From An Old Town We Once Knew
The Chief Assassin to the Sinister
The Inevitable Past is the Future Forgotten

Backsides : p
UJGOrGP.jpg

T2VBCzn.jpg

A6f9TnC.jpg

Apdoqku.jpg

Y4Swzws.jpg

jgVXh5L.jpg

And some love for my favorite bass guitarist/pianist/cello-player : p
79ByIru.jpg

And lastly, I got these that Im currently keeping in the envelope that I got SoA in-

zTL6rvQ.jpg

Am not yet sure what to do with them : p

Alright, Im still missing one game and a poster, but I figured I could show you guys my haul : p

Heres my games-

ie3gjrn.jpg

From top right corner down I got
Daytona USA (DC)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 (Xbox)
Grandia 2 (DC)
Time Stalkers (DC)
Phantasy Star Online (DC)
Skies of Arcadia (DC)
Shadowman (DC)
And because I felt like I should have some multiplayer games
Vigilante 8 2nd Offense (a youtuber I liked got me interested in trying it)
Quake 3 Arena (cuz capture the flag)
Y4ejqg4.jpg

Pretty covers : p

h4qTNvL.jpg

Grandia 2

nTbiYQP.jpg

skies of arcadia <3

onBVDQ2.jpg

Time Stalkers

r8SFNrR.jpg

Phantasy Star Online
dBuPXUd.jpg

Scary images of my favorite scary game : p

And of course I had to get some albums from Armistead Burwell (Zach) Smith. Finally got all of Three Mile Pilot's albums plus the last Pinback album I didnt have yet

nTWacOW.jpg

From top right corner down-

-Pinback-
Autumn of the Seraphs
-Three Mile Pilot-
3MP Gravity EP
Another Desert, Another Sea
Songs From An Old Town We Once Knew
The Chief Assassin to the Sinister
The Inevitable Past is the Future Forgotten

Backsides : p
UJGOrGP.jpg

T2VBCzn.jpg

A6f9TnC.jpg

Apdoqku.jpg

Y4Swzws.jpg

jgVXh5L.jpg

And some love for my favorite bass guitarist/pianist/cello-player : p
79ByIru.jpg

And lastly, I got these that Im currently keeping in the envelope that I got SoA in-

zTL6rvQ.jpg

Am not yet sure what to do with them : p

Whoa... That is quite a haul. It must have felt like Christmas day, or something! Plenty to keep you busy there. Congratulations!

Looking at CMV's photos, it's always odd seeing SNES controllers with plain purple buttons instead of the multi-coloured ones that symbolise the SNES logo.
Why couldn't America/Canada get the ones everyone else got? I know some Americans are nostalgic for the purple, and that's fine, but at the time you would have been a little cheesed off. They cut the entire SNES logo out of the American market! Did they think the colours were too kiddy or not edgy enough compared to Sega?

snes-logo.png

latest

Back