Considering the deku shrubs really didn't do much in Oot compared to the Zoras and Gorons that was a nice edition to have a Deku Palace and society. Don't care much for their business practices though. Loved how it branched off from the repeats too much like Cremia, Romani and Malon(adult and young).

Oot was definitely put together well, both games are near identical just with different purposes which is nice, this way you'd get the same fresh feeling while playing through both.

Last edited:

Bloody hell.... Redeads. One of my childhood fascinations and fears.
I had a deep theory when I was a lad, that the Redeads in the Castle Town Market are actually the deceased guards who vanished after Ganondorf's takeover. I was absolutely convinced, because I counted up every guard in the game when you're Young Link, then compared it to the number of Redeads in the Market when you're older.

The only guard who didn't get zombified was the one in the Guard House full of pots/vases. He becomes the Poe Collector. (Read the stuff he says when you're a child. He has an interest in ghosts and is pretty gloomy. You can even see bits of his royal uniform and gear when he's the Poe Collector).

Last edited:
Bloody hell.... Redeads. One of my childhood fascinations and fears.
I had a deep theory when I was a lad, that the Redeads in the Castle Town Market are actually the deceased guards who vanished after Ganondorf's takeover. I was absolutely convinced, because I counted up every guard in the game when you're Young Link, then compared it to the number of Redeads in the Market when you're older.

The only guard who didn't get zombified was the one in the Guard House full of pots/vases. He becomes the Poe Collector. (Read the stuff he says when you're a child. He has an interest in ghosts and is pretty gloomy. You can even see bits of his royal uniform and gear when he's the Poe Collector).

Well that's not too far off considering once you travel through time and go step into future Hyrule the entire place is destroyed and riddled with Redeads. It also adds the theory that redeads might just have been haunted or remorseful Hylians if that is the case. As a kid I thought the same thing although just stopped after thinking " Since Redeads overtook Hyrule they must have been Hylians transformed after death ". Of course it's just one possible explanation.

Remember the Poe Collector, perhaps not all Hylians turn into Redeads, maybe just ones that have been in terrible misfortunes. Or perhaps Ganon transformed them who knows, after all he is a powerful warlock with magic capabilities as well not just the triforce of power.

for todays "pick your poison" topic, which idea would you rather have implemented into a zelda game?:

1) either link is now a female or zelda becomes the protagonist.
2) they added fps elements to the game.
3) the games now has the control system (and the difficulty) of a souls game.
4) hyrule warriors, except more open ended, and the cpu can actually plan and strategize effectively.

Actually Zelda as the main character would be way cool : p Would play.

And haha, a more in-dept HW game would be cool, too : p Would also play : p

No fps elements, though.

FPS elements just makes me think of that failed Zelda game on the Wii. Link's crossbow training, yeah like whoever bought that Zelda if you could call it one.
More indepth princess zelda game sounds neat it'd remind me of super princess peach.

hyrule warriors seemed much like samurai warriors, (oh wait, it was developed by the same company, tecmo koei). anyway, it'd be great if they took advantage of the strategic elements more.

wait, what do you mean its supposed to be a hack n slash!?

If we keep this up, the tags will gain sentience and will probably raid us with tanks.
latest

get ready

Back