I really hope this microgame returns
Noodle_Cup.png

I hope this boss returns:
Alien_Laser_Hero.png

But instead of buttons you use gyro controls (or both) to aim the laser. Getting the tiny rocks was always pretty finicky, which could be improved with gyro controls.

I hope this boss returns:
Alien_Laser_Hero.png

But instead of buttons you use gyro controls (or both) to aim the laser. Getting the tiny rocks was always pretty finicky, which could be improved with gyro controls.

They should add Wario's trademark Bwahahaha! at the end. :wahlaughback: (I know it's a Dr. Crygor game, but come on, wouldn't that be funny?)

- I said "If they announce a new WW game (on switch) I'll buy a switch*!" the night before Direct, only to see it was the first thing they announced right off the bat at the 3DS section... I was confused, a bit upset (cus it's not on switch) but also happy to know the franchise isn't 100% dead yet
Honestly while I'm happy that this is a thing and I'm happy that Warioware is back, I have to admit, I would have much preferred a brand new title
for the Switch that uses the system's capabilities in new and unique ways over a mere compilation of old Mircogames (With some new thrown in) for what is at this point, a eight year old system. That doesn't mean I'm not hyped for Gold,
also why is Ashley not wearing legging this time(the last set of badges seem to "spoil" the new style if you look back to it? she is wearing the exact outfit as the new game)
It is a very strange omission really, I imagine it's to make her more "kidlike" or "cutsy" in a sense? at least, that's kinda the vibe I getting from her here.
You know what would be cool? Since it's a game about old microgames as well as new, how about introducing a new character into the mix? Last time we got new ones were Penny and Young Cricket.
And I'm not against the idea that not every single character needs to have a stage in every game. If we have a couple of characters in each game that only have cameos or minor roles (like Orbulon and Dribble & Spitz in Touched or Mike in Smooth Moves) then that's fine with me.

...though now that I'm thinking about it, that would mean the new character(s) would be introduced with the "new" art style...
I don't know, I don't think anymore new main characters are necessary IMO,
That's not to say I'm against new characters or anything, but I would much rather have them work with the existing 15 characters as opposed to adding in a new one.
Though, I would love to see the characters interact more in other character's stories, whatever it's cameos or minor roles or hell, even major roles. (Where's my Wario and Mona Adventure story Ninty!) there's a goldmine of potential with the interactions they can have and I would love it if they start using that potential a bit more.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 607
I don't know, I don't think new main characters are necessary IMO,
That's not to say I'm against new characters or anything, but I would much rather have them work with the existing 15 characters as opposed to adding in a new one.
Though, I would love it if the characters interact more in other character's stories, whatever it's cameos or minor roles or hell, even major roles. (Where's my Wario and Mona Adventure story Ninty!) there's a goldmine of potential with the interactions they can have and I would love it if they start using it a bit more.
That's my mentality as well, heck, if we end up getting more stages then I'd honestly also rather have someone like 5-Volt, Sal Out or the Space Bunnies be promoted to stage host status, instead of a new character.

I'm not against a new character per se, but I do think that we already have a rather sizable cast to work with as is.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
You know what I want this game to have? FRIGGIN SAVE FILES!
It's frustrating that the only WarioWare game with save files is Smooth Moves.
WW inc. needed it, Twisted needed it, Touched needed it, even DIY could've used it.

It's so dumb that you have to delete everything if you just wanna play the game again like it was your first time.
Especially if you have unlockables based on getting records on EVERY SINGLE MICROGAME!

WW inc. needed it, Twisted needed it, Touched needed it, even DIY could've used it.

It's so dumb that you have to delete everything if you just wanna play the game again like it was your first time.
Especially if you have unlockables based on getting records on EVERY SINGLE MICROGAME!

Indeed. Why did they never create save files for WarioWare games? It's not that much more memory space.

I can understand cutifying Kat & Ana, or even Ashley...
But 9-Volt?
He was never meant to be a cute character. Cool? Yeah. Bratty? Sure. Cutesy? ....not really.
He plays videogames, flies around on his hover-skateboard, does DJ...ing...
He defies his mom, binge-plays videogames, gets punished in school...
He never struck me as a cute and innocent character.
So making him look more cute and baby-like feels unfitting to me.

Isn't that kind of the point of the younger WW characters? They aren't what you'd expect from them?
2 cute little kindergarten twins? Actually, they are ninjas who fight evil demons.
A quiet little girl? Actually, she's a literal witch.
They aren't what you'd expect from them.

I hope the new game doesn't just go entirely for the cutesy theme. Like... come on. This is WarioWare. One of Nintendo's most anarchic series. Just making everything cute and friendly feels like such a waste...
Let's hope they don't do that.

WarioWare Gold should build its bedrock on Mega Party Game$. It did many things better than the rest of the series. Folks always forget the exclusive features it had...

*16 save files - copy 'em, change names, or unlock modes without redoing all the microgame records.
*Time Attack Mode and Master Mode - two of the best modes the series ever had! Never to be seen again...
*Microgame albums/practice modes - change the game speed and level. Smooth Moves brought this back, but it stunk. You couldn't even set microgame records!
*Universal high score tables - for every single mode and microgame, it allowed the 16 save files to compete for top spot, giving everything an arcade vibe.
*Game Data Assessment - rated your performance, from reflex to stamina. Loads of different ranks, with the highest being "Wario Disciple". A smashing feature to be sure.

MPG S3.png

MPG S2.png

Last edited:
Back