Battle Beginnings, which requires playing a local multiplayer minigame, and Amazing Artiste, which requires amiibo functionality.
Yeah, that really shouldn't be a requirement.
Not everyone has friends with 3DS's and similar games near them. S:(
...or friends period... :S<:[:

I've been noticing a lot of little details that are missing from the microgames. Like the moon in "Crescent Roll" falling asleep when you win. Or the success sound effect when you land correctly in the Wind Waker microgame. Speaking of which, it doesn't have 3 different parts of the music for the 3 levels anymore... but the Sunshine one still does.
What's with all these weird inconsistencies?

Anyway, something I have to really praise is the inclusion of Kat & Ana's Split Screen challenge. I've always wanted a mode where there's no waiting inbetween microgames and this is perfect.
I wish there was a similar option for when you're clearing microgames in the Index, which often goes too slow for my liking. I wish they would just jump from one stage to the next instantly.
But yeah, the one they have is really fun. I just don't get why they don't have a Twist-only stage.

The info on 5-Volt's A level card reads:
5-Volt's husband is a firefighter, which only fans the flames of her love for him. She knows what she likes.

9-Volt's father confirmed! :030:
I mean... confirmed alive and on good terms with the family. :STongue:
I wonder what his name would be... :SHmm: 6-Volt? 12-Volt? 24-Volt?
I also wonder if he's into Nintendo games too. :STongue3:

The info on 5-Volt's A level card reads:
5-Volt's husband is a firefighter, which only fans the flames of her love for him. She knows what she likes.

9-Volt's father confirmed! :030:
I mean... confirmed alive and on good terms with the family. :STongue:
I wonder what his name would be... :SHmm: 6-Volt? 12-Volt? 24-Volt?
I also wonder if he's into Nintendo games too. :STongue3:
Oh wow, 9-Volt's character diary on the japanese Mega Microgames website mentioned that before, pretty surprising to see one of the games reference it though, all things considered.

I mean 5-Volt being a gamer was also hinted at in said diary, before Game & Wario confirmed it, but it's still surprising though.

Dj3Rvh4UcAAcpVY.jpg

Maybe years of exposure to dumbass fake game names in "leaks" have dulled my senses but "Quick Switch" really sounds like it could be the subtitle for a Switch WW game

It's time for Koopaul to rant about this game. Get ready!

First of all whatever comppaints people have about the voice acting is nothing compared to how bad the writing is. There are time where I ask myself... "Why did you say that?" Or, "What's with the awkward pause." Or, "Was that supposed to be funny?"

Like right in the beginning Wario is celebrating getting the gold vase and then immediately says "I'm broke!" for no reason. The scene didn't call for it. It was said so quickly and so forced in there. Not even Martinet's get acting ability could make that sound natural. That's probably why he threw that "plbbbbt" in there.

Also if Wario is broke how was he able to afford this giant ass stadium for his tournament? The whole thing is just awkward and dumb. And so are many of the other story sections of the game.

I think this is the worst Mona cutscene story in WarioWare history. She's trying on clothes.... WHAT!? Remember when she was evading the police? Or thwarting an evil pizza chain? Screw that! She's trying on goddamn clothes! They turned my favorite Ware character into one of the most boring and generic in the series. She went from being quirky, adventurous, and badass to... some girl.

Finally. What's the deal with Wario Deluxe? When Wario put the vase on his head (for some awkward reason that makes no sense) he looks like he is being possessed or something. His eyes glow red and his voice changes. I assumed the vase contained an evil spirit and that is why Lulu wanted to retrieve it so badly. Then when Wario put it on, the spirit took him over... But no. There no explanation. Wario is just different now for some reason.

It's sooooo bad. It's a good thing the gameplay and content is satisfactory.

First of all whatever comppaints people have about the voice acting is nothing compared to how bad the writing is. There are time where I ask myself... "Why did you say that?" Or, "What's with the awkward pause." Or, "Was that supposed to be funny?"

Like right in the beginning Wario is celebrating getting the gold vase and then immediately says "I'm broke!" for no reason. The scene didn't call for it. It was said so quickly and so forced in there. Not even Martinet's get acting ability could make that sound natural. That's probably why he threw that "plbbbbt" in there.

Also if Wario is broke how was he able to afford this giant ass stadium for his tournament? The whole thing is just awkward and dumb. And so are many of the other story sections of the game.

I think this is the worst Mona cutscene story in WarioWare history. She's trying on clothes.... WHAT!? Remember when she was evading the police? Or thwarting an evil pizza chain? Screw that! She's trying on goddamn clothes! They turned my favorite Ware character into one of the most boring and generic in the series. She went from being quirky, adventurous, and badass to... some girl.

Finally. What's the deal with Wario Deluxe? When Wario put the vase on his head (for some awkward reason that makes no sense) he looks like he is being possessed or something. His eyes glow red and his voice changes. I assumed the vase contained an evil spirit and that is why Lulu wanted to retrieve it so badly. Then when Wario put it on, the spirit took him over... But no. There no explanation. Wario is just different now for some reason.

If this was some rpg where a story would be important or even in an adventure game sure however this is more or less just a video game about silly little games. I feel like you're putting way too much emphasis on the little cut scenes that have always been in a wario ware title.
Don't get your panties in a bunch just enjoy the game, I will say they could have at least put more modes or extra modes or games much like how Pyoro got his maybe more Fronk minigames.

Also if you can't handle your waifu in the past you can't handle mona in the present.

If this was some rpg where a story would be important or even in an adventure game sure however this is more or less just a video game about silly little games. I feel like you're putting way too much emphasis on the little cut scenes that have always been in a wario ware title.
First of all this is the first Ware title to have voice acting. Tthey are clearly trying to put more emphasis on the cutscenes so I definitely will be judging them. Secondly, I've always enjoyed the cutscenes in many of the past WarioWare games. Especially the first one. They showcase the characters wonderfully and have a great sense of humor. But this game fails to capture what the old games used to have. It's style, it's humor, it's characters.

Don't get your panties in a bunch just enjoy the game.
I am enjoying the game. But I can't complain about how bad the cutscenes in this game are? Especially when I used to enjoy them in old Ware games?

Also if you can't handle your waifu in the past you can't handle mona in the present.
What? What does that even mean? I was talking about how great Mona's little stories used to be. Like in the original and Twisted. I'm complaining about how she's not doing anything fun and quirky anymore. She's just cheerleading or trying on clothes.

Can't you see there's a difference between throwing banana peels at police cars and... trying on clothes. One is fun and quirky. The other sucks.

Tell you what. Next time a character you really like goes from being fun and interesting to washing dishes, I'll tell you to suck it up.

Last edited:
Quick explanation: Wario is that type of guy, who turns into zombie and vampire... and then goes back to his normal form. He also can turn into Wario-man after earing Garlic. (Could Gravitator from Twissted affect his transormatons further than this?) As explained by Lulu later, this vase was supposted to be Luxeville's toilet. As Wario can transform into many things, Wario Deluxe is another transformation, by putting a vase, where people took a poop before, on head... Why am I even trying to explain something, that wasnt supposted to make sence? This isnt the game, where logic is a thing in first place.

Quick explanation: Wario is that type of guy, who turns into zombie and vampire... and then goes back to his normal form. He also can turns into Wario-man after earing Garlic. (Could Gravitator from Twissted affect his transormatons further than this?) As explained by Lulu later, this vase was supposted to be Luxeville's toilet. As Wario can transform into many things, Wario Deluxe is another transformation, by putting a vase, where people took a poop before, on head... Why am I even trying to explain something, that wasnt supposted to make sence? This isnt the game, where logic is a thing in first place.
I thought about that too. But the game doesn't really explain whether or not Wario is just putting on an act or is transformed or what. I was just confused. Atleast with the Wario Man transformations we get an idea as to why this is happening. He ate something really strange and it caused him to transform. Or he went through a machine and it caused him to transform. It's really silly but atleast I know what's going on. And besides, characters eating something unique and gaining superpowers is a common trope. Popeye does it all the time. And that machine he got stuck in in Twisted was already established to have the power to upgrade things. Point is, they handled this stuff a lot better before.

Maybe if the cutscene had him say something like "Wahaha this vase makes me feel unstopable! I'm not just Wario. I'm Wario Deluxe!" Or something. Then you'd get an idea that this is just a maniacal persona. Which I think it's supposed to be...

Point is, the stories in the old games were extremely silly but atleast I knew what was going on or understood the characters actions and motivations.

I kind of get the impression that the increased amount of dialogue is due to the whole dubbing gimmick. I wonder if the next game will have as much voice acting as this one.

Whether it does or doesn't I just hope they have better little stories. Even if this game had no dialogue I probably would have still bitched about Mona shopping and have been confused about Wario Deluxe. It's kind of funny. I just rewatched the Wario Deluxe cutscene, and the title of the movie in the menu is "Who is Wario Deluxe?" Like they don't even know what's going on! Hahaha!

And before you guys get the impression that I dislike this game, don't. It's the best WarioWare I played in ages. I just like to bring up a different perspective to things that no one else seems to. One time I mentioned how some of the songs in Yoshi's New Island aren't bad, and people got the impression that I liked the soundtrack! God no! I just didn't bother to say it was mostly terrible because everyone else already did. That's just how I roll. I'll bring up the negatives no one else has or bring up the positives no one else has. Because why bother posting an opinion you've heard before?

Last edited:
On Wario Deluxe A Card it says: "His eyes seem like they're deluxe color, but they're only bloodshot. He got crummy sleep before his tourney."

So there is your explanation ;)

Wario Kard?

And before you guys get the impression that I dislike this game, don't. It's the best WarioWare I played in ages. I just like to bring up a different perspective to things that no one else seems to. One time I mentioned how some of the songs in Yoshi's New Island aren't bad, and people got the impression that I liked the soundtrack! God no! I just didn't bother to say it was mostly terrible because everyone else already did. That's just how I roll. I'll bring up the negatives no one else has or bring up the positives no one else has. Because why bother posting an opinion you've heard before?
Well people here complain how souvenirs in Twisted had much more variety in them. (But I think half of them just wastes cartrige memory. What's the point of Figurines? And Instruments?) So this isn't all that new you brought up.

Don't get your panties in a bunch just enjoy the game
Hey, people have the right to get their panties in as much of a bunch as they want, ok? :S;P:
I hate this mentality of "Just shut up and eat your dessert!"
Let people voice their gripes! Just because they have some criticisms doesn't mean they don't like the game as a whole.
Do you just want us to ignore what we don't like about the games we play and blindly consume them like sheep?
Just because we point something out, doesn't mean we lose sleep over it.

Actually, the writing seems to be different from dub to dub.
For example, in the German version, when Wario holds up the vase he doesn't say "It's mine! Gold! I love Gold! Urgh, this thing's heavy!", he says "This is nothing to sneeze at! The trip has payed off after all!" (Implying he has been searching for a while)
And instead of "I'm broke, but at least I got this gold thing." he says "...even if it wasn't quite cheap. (referring to the trip) But who cares about cash when Adventure calls?"
Wow! Wario! For once your sense of adventure is greater than your greed? :sgrin:
He also specifies that it's his housekeeping money that has run out, so he probably has other savings that he used to host the Wario Bowl games.
And when he calls Ashley he says "My dearest Ashley-..." :STongue2:
So yeah the english writing seems a bit dumbed down in comparison.
Someone should translate the japanese dialog to see what they originally intended them to say. A simple change in wording can completely change the implications, and thus the story.

Atleast with the Wario Man transformations we get an idea as to why this is happening. He ate something really strange and it caused him to transform. Or he went through a machine and it caused him to transform. It's really silly but atleast I know what's going on.

Yeah there was always a reason behind it.
Twisted: Science
Touched: Biological reaction
Smooth Moves: more science
WW Gold: Uh... maybe something supernatural? Posession? Enchantment? Yokai? We're never told.

I'll just assume that it was magic.

I'm listening to some of the other german voices now. ^^
:jimmy: Jimmy's voice is much deeper in german (thus more fitting if you ask me).
:ashley: Ashley is what you'd expect. Same with Kat & Ana. :kat::Ana:
Oh god, Joe sounds so goofy. SXD
Mona is fine too. :monapizza:
OH WOW SXD
The German dub straight-up confirms that Mona is a chubby chaser! :STongue2:
"Ich mag Schwabbelbäckchen!" = I like (nickname for chubby people, or literally "chubby cheeks").
She compliments Joe on his chubbiness as well, not just his tie. :S;P:

:drcrygor: Crygor... is ok, I guess. Still not as deep as I'd like but whatever.
:9volt: 9-Volt sounds just as generic as in english. Not even very enthusiastic. :shokoraeh:
Fronk is fine. :fronk:
Hahaha wow! SXD Dribble and Spitz have REALLY thicc dialects! :spitz::dribble:
Spitz a Berlin dialect and Dribble a Bavarian one. Holy crap. SXD
I'm surprised they didn't experiment with dialects more. :STongue3:
:shooquah: 18-Volt sounds doofy enough. :p
And holy shit the German dub confirms his age! He says he's only 9 years old! :orbulonoh:xD

Young Cricket and Master Mantis' voices sound fine. Mantis' voice is a bit gruff but that's fine.
5-Volt, Penny and Orbulon sound fine too.

I gotta admit, some of the stories really didn't seem very... well thought out.
There often wasn't much of a punchline, or if there was, then it was pretty weak, so it felt like they ended abruptly, rather than with a bang.

But this game fails to capture what the old games used to have. It's style, it's humor, it's characters.
It's definitely very different in terms of style.
The old cutscenes had a really nice flow to them. Like a musical composition. It was like listening to a song. In fact, the music was often the focal point of the cutscenes, especially in Smooth Moves and Game & Wario. It seemed like the visuals were often oriented to the music, not the other way around. Or at least, they were closely intertwined. That gave you the feeling like you were wathcing a classic Tom & Jerry cartoon or something.
It made them very appealing and I loved to watch them multiple times, whether it was on the GBA or all the way to the Wii U.
The new ones don't even HAVE music a lot of the time.
And so I just don't get that same feeling. After watching them once I'm like "Eh... I'm good." and don't really go back to watch them again.

And yeah, some of the stories did seem pretty mundane, not just Mona's. 9-Volt is bored at school, Kat & Ana eat...

I guess when the characters have to just stand around and talk to each other, you can't put them in many crazy situations.
I think that's what it all boils down to. Most of the "cutscenes" just feature two characters standing opposite of each other and talking.
So there's not much room for crazy shenanigans or tightly knit compositions.
I talked about this the other day. This game is more talk and less action, previous games were more action, less talk.
Makes me wonder if the whole voice acting thing was all worth it in the end...
Did it pay off? Did it improve the experience? Or would we be better off if we went back to less talk and more action?

What if the next WarioWare also had voice acting, but the cutscenes were styled more like Smooth Moves' or Game & Warios?
So there's still spoken dialog, but it's no longer the sole focus.

Honestly, I wouldn't miss the voice acting. Yeah, it's nice and quaint that they talk in full sentences now, but don't think it added that much to the experience.
It felt more like an experiment or... ...dare I say... ...a gimmick? oAo

Last edited:
i think the voices wouldn't be that jarring if some of the characters still acted like themselves if that makes sense?

the art style shift + some of the character's personality changes feel like the transition from original teen titans to teen titans go tbh.

like i was not thrilled with jimmy t's new voice at all but at least he is still in character . crygor and orbulon act very different than we've come to know them and that's what gets to me whenever i play their stages. kat and ana seem more slapstick and dumbed down too.

after seeing all the comments about 9 volt i actually was totally fine with his voice (not as cool as his original but he still acts basically the same) i loved 18-volt's voice and his stage as a side note too.

Back