Post interesting Wario Land trivia here

And, the crocodiles die with a roll too, I did it once in a live stream.

EDIT: Sorry, my bad, I didn't catch that on camera, but I did catch another interesting thing about the crocodiles: If one of them hurts you but you manage to stay on the platform instead of falling in the water, in Monsoon Jungle, they can come back and bite you again during your invincibility frames. Because Wario is standing, the crocodile's bite registers even though you're in invincibility frames and you'll drop coins. This is one of the rare instances of Wario dropping coins while in invincibility frames.

Exhibit A:
w1.gif

Exhibit B:
w2.gif

Last edited:
I've got some sound-based Wario Land 4 trivia pieces for you that I've noticed playing again recently.
I'm sure a lot of people know that the music will change in speed depending on Wario's current state, be it rolling (only really noticeable in Crescent Moon Village because of that open are with the lengthy rolling stretch), on fire, etc. Plus, I dunno about you, but I never noticed that the speed gets a bit slower when ducking until this playthrough I think, but.
If Wario does a ground pound, if you listen closely to the music, behind the ca-kyeow impact sound there's the tiniest amount of wobble to the tune. Same goes for Super Ground Pound, only a bit more noticeable.

Another one, which I noticed last night (you can test this one for yourself easily): I was in Crescent Moon Village, and let the Sleepy Skele-Koopa turn me into Zombie Wario because I wanted to listen to the song without Wario's exercise regiment cutting in and ruining it. As I listened, I noticed a few things.
One. Because of the song's lowered speed and decreased pitch, some of the sounds heard in the song went past their loop points. The one singular DAOW that you hear early on, as it was fading out you could hear a second DAOW start to kick in before being cut off, and the wikky-waw thing lasted 1.5 more loops than it was supposed to, for example.
Two. The lead, the Electric Piano, unlike all the other instruments (except for perhaps the wikky-waw and the eoh-keh-keh), did not wobble when Wario was in this form (however like the other instruments it was pitched and slowed down to what I believe based on my slowly increasing musician's intuition to be) my beloved 0.707 ratio)

Are Mario games copying ideas from Wario games?
-Puzzle and skill levels, you always start big and lose you hat when shrinking, limited camera movement in Super Mario 3d Land/World
-No game overs in Odyssey, instead you lose money just like Wario Land 2

Wonder if they thought the long sleeves would look more recognisable in frozen and snowman form?

Either way, I'm sure the vampire Wario one is just cause it looks cooler with them. Can you imagine a short sleeved vampire?

In Wario Land 3, if you hold down A while moving, Vampire Wario will keep jumping indefinitely. Only while moving, interestingly, as holding A while stationary does nothing.
And another thing, if you Bash then press and hold A, Wario will reach the same height he would from a high jump-- it's nowhere near supplementary, but it's neat.

Pretty sure that the shade of yellow used for Stage Names in Wario Land 3 is none other than the exact shade of yellow used to color Wario in Wario Land II.

Edit: unfortunately this is not the case, as I've found out. However, they are still very close.

Attachments

• TORMORMORDOR.png
    TORMORMORDOR.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
The other day while I was going through the exorbitantly high number of instruments and renaming them, I discovered that one of Twisted's many (manymanymany) instruments is quite literally the lead from (the comprehensible half of) Shivering Caverns, just with some other sound layered over it (which bodes as annoying for the future cover of the song I had planned). Don't remember what exactly said sound was, but from what I can recall it sounded like one of Mother 3's many (manymanymany) Atmosphere-type pad instruments.

Last edited:
So Kitchen Island is literally called Pepper Island in German media? Interesting, but it doesn't really make the appearance of the island live up to its name as much as ¨Kitchen Island¨ does.

So Kitchen Island is literally called Pepper Island in German media? Interesting, but it doesn't really make the appearance of the island live up to its name as much as ¨Kitchen Island¨ does.
I'm not sure what the manual said, since I don't have it anymore (though according to the german Mario Wiki it was also Pfeffer-Insel there), but the modern Nintendo.de calls it ''Kücheninsel'' instead, which is a direct translation of Kitchen Island.

That doesn't surprise me. Nintendo's German localization/marketing division in the early-mid 90s was pretty lousy. Around the same time that games like SML3 were getting butchered, they also snuck some innuendos and other trite into Link's Awakening.

Back