You guys seem to imply that the cutscenes in past WarioWare games were some kind of masterpieces. I don't think so. They were always a bit goofy and nonsensical. I don't think the ones in Gold are worse.

You guys seem to imply that the cutscenes in past WarioWare games were some kind of masterpieces. I don't think so. They were always a bit goofy and nonsensical. I don't think the ones in Gold are worse.

i don't think that's what i was implying. i appreciate that Gold's cutscenes seem to be more elaborate in the dialogue aspect, but i still think it is constructive to talk about how some characters were changed for the worst / or for the very different than they have been since WarioWare began at the very least.

for a "best of" game it seems odd that some of the cast isn't entirely themselves. new players are unaffected by these changes but for long time fans of the series it's odd that they altered some of their personalities so significantly.

Well... goofy and nonsensical doesn't mean bad. :STongue3:

Like... they were crazy and weird, but in the good way.

I found them fun and memorable. I especially liked the first game's and Smooth Moves' which all just felt the right amount of punchy. Touched's were a tad too long. The cutscenes in this game kind of just...felt like they were there. In a lot of these stories nothing really happens. 5-Volt does some infomercial workout. Ashley summons some gibberish speaking monster. I liked a couple like Crygor's,Penny's, and Orbulon's were ok but most of these just felt like an excuse to have that dubbing gimmick.

Well people here complain how souvenirs in Twisted had much more variety in them. (But I think half of them just wastes cartrige memory. What's the point of Figurines? And Instruments?) So this isn't all that new you brought up.
What do you mean, point?
They are simple little toys. Little interactive novelties.
Simple interactivity is better than no interactivity.

I liked the souvenirs.
Sure, they were each only fun for half a minute or so, but that was better than just looking at pictures or reading text. They were experiments on how to use this unique control scheme in all kinds of different ways. They were creative.
Besides, it showed that the Dev team was willing to put in more work than the bare minimum. And that's something I have to commend them for.
They could've just left it at the minigames and maybe the music, but they didn't. They made more stuff. And I like that stuff. I hadn't seen anything like it in another game before.

I mean it's not like they would've used the cartridge space to make three more stages instead or anything.

I was disappointed the creepy old man from this microgame didn't return
dFoshiu.png

5-Volt's husband is a firefighter, which only fans the flames of her love for him. She knows what she likes.

Oh wow, 9-Volt's dad is a firefighter? Cool. Now I hope he makes an appearance in a next WarioWare game. I would like to see if he's a gamer too. But since his wife and son are fervent gamers, I'm pretty sure he's too.
Believe it or not, but before WW Gold I didn't even pay attention to the fact that we've never seen the complete family.

I wonder what his name would be... :SHmm: 6-Volt? 12-Volt? 24-Volt?
I hope it will be 24-Volt, the voltage of truck batteries.

Can I just say how perfectly well Sneaky Gamer works on the 3DS?
Because it does!
It would've been idiotic if they HADN'T put it in this game, so I'm really happy they did!

I'm also really glad that Fronk is once again 9-Volt's pet, which is a really obscure thing to call back to, but I love it!
But why doesn't he call him Shag (or Shaggy like in the japanese version, since that's a less loaded name) anymore? :SHmm:
Shag.png

What do you mean, point?
They are simple little toys. Little interactive novelties.
Simple interactivity is better than no interactivity.

I liked the souvenirs.
Sure, they were each only fun for half a minute or so, but that was better than just looking at pictures or reading text. They were experiments on how to use this unique control scheme in all kinds of different ways. They were creative.
Besides, it showed that the Dev team was willing to put in more work than the bare minimum. And that's something I have to commend them for.
They could've just left it at the minigames and maybe the music, but they didn't. They made more stuff. And I like that stuff. I hadn't seen anything like it in another game before.

I mean it's not like they would've used the cartridge space to make three more stages instead or anything.
Yeah, ok. Its not like the most important part of the game anyway, so I won't argue against that.
I was disappointed the creepy old man from this microgame didn't return
dFoshiu.png
He gave me nightmares first time I saw him.:waluigishocked:

Nah, the ringing was so piercing and annoying when I tried it out awake. I would probably throw the 3DS against the wall when trying it out while sleeping ;)

I just unlocked Pumpkin Panic and the record for it a short time ago. We need this music in Smash so badly, it's so fantastic.

Anyone ever tried legitimately using one of the alarm clocks yet? Like, to wake up to?
Yes. Hearing Ashley say "WarioWare" made me blink a little but then THE BLARING ALARM BELLS scared me into sitting up.

One touch I really like is how the characters comment on how well you are doing while playing the microgames. Like if you are on your last life Jimmy will say "Last Chance" or something... I forgot. But you get the idea.

I think I nust barely completed a microgame before the bomb blew off and one of the characters said "Just made it!"

It's a really cool little touch that I appreciate.

The German dub straight-up confirms that Mona is a chubby chaser!:STongue2:
"Ich mag Schwabbelbäckchen!" = I like (nickname for chubby people, or literally "chubby cheeks").

Mona getting turned on by fat finally became canon, I see. Haha, she tried to deceive everyone by saying that is was Wario's moustache that attracts her to him, but is was something entirely different all along.

One touch I really like is how the characters comment on how well you are doing while playing the microgames. Like if you are on your last life Jimmy will say "Last Chance" or something... I forgot. But you get the idea.

I think I nust barely completed a microgame before the bomb blew off and one of the characters said "Just made it!"

It's a really cool little touch that I appreciate.

i really liked this too! made you feel like the characters were there with you cheering you on : ' )

also the game got so much better once ultra league began, i loved seeing everyone together and the playstyles being mixed around

Some microgames have become more difficult that they were originally.
Like this one:
HeadsUp_WWIMM.PNG

It's much harder to judge where the ball is gonna go in the new one, for some reason.

This one is almost broken on the 3DS. The recognition is crap. There have been tons of times where I drew the character perfectly well but for some reason it didn't accept it.
I don't mind that there's no longer the shadow that you can just trace, but then the recognition has to make up for that!
Write_On%2C_Dude.png

Can y'all think of any other that have become more difficult?

Last edited:
Oh come on! :SAnnoyed:
I just found out that the Pyoro :pyoro: music in this game doesn't even change dynamically! It just changes on its own over time, no matter how many points you have!
This is so cheap! If the GBA was able to do it, why can't this version?

I don't get it, they do dynamic music changes like this all the time. So why not here? Pikmin has it, Mario Kart has it, and I'm 99.99% sure that the 3DS can handle it.

Back